Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

When I Went to Garowe

It was early in the morning when the car honked in front of my house. Yes, i'm sure it was 5:30am as the checking time was around 6am, 30 minutes were enough to reach the airport from the area i live.

The security at Hargeisa airport was tight although it was so early. They didn't allow our car to go inside but after little talk and upon showing them a permission from the Ministry of Aviation we were allowed to go inside.

At the counter, the airline staff were not there yet but when someone at the airport called them, they said they are on the way. We had a little time to wait as the checking process cannot be started without them. The caffeteria was not working as they were probably still sleeping. There was a little ugly restaurant at the back where we could smell some food.

There it was really dirty, small and i could see only one person who was probably the cook was there. I asked what is for breakfast and he said "BEANS" with a voice that you can tell he has been chewing the whole night ,, :D

We had no choice but my colleague and I asked for two breakfast. The table was dirty, there were no glasses available to drink water and when we asked for tea, he said: "There are the cups, you can wash them with that water then here is the tea" ,,,, hehehehe ,,,

I'm not sure about the taste but as i was hungry i just wanted to put something in my stomach in case i'm going to die during the trip which i knew it will be a bit risky according to the plane condition.

The airline staff arrived and we checked in ............

to be continued .................... .

RedSea   

Bal ninkaan eega! how freaking long of a story have you written about Gorowe? .

Waa taagtay, waad fadhiisatay, waad seexatay, waad ku qayishay waanad kasoo noqotay and perhaps you ran into few pirates along the way. Ku dhakhso sheekada adeer, dhaga!