Sign in to follow this  
Business_Man

MARRIAGE

Marriage is the institution through which a man and a woman pair off and legitimately unite to form one unit of humanity. It is a root which branches off into the known blood relations such as maternity, paternity and fraternity and their ever widening circles of blood relatives referred to in Islam as the 'relations of the womb'.

Marriage is mandatory in Islam for whoever can afford it. Commenting on a group of people who wanted to devote all their time for worship and thought they had no time for marriage and the duties it would impose on them, the prophet peace be upon him said:

"Marriage is my tradition. He who rejects my tradition is not of me." (Bukhari; Muslim)

Indeed marriage has been described as half of the religion. The Prophet said:

"Whomever God has bestowed upon th eblessing of the good wife, then God secured for him one half of his religion. So let him heed God in the other half." (Tabarani; Hakim)

"The best blessing the believer reaps after piety of God is a pious wife." (Ibn-Maga)

The Quran points out to the prophet that marriage was the tradition that God prescribed to previous messengers:"We did send apostels before you and appointed for them wives and children..." (13:38)

There are two main functions of marriage in Islam explicitly pointed out in the following two verses, and at the risk of repetition, we emphasize that Islam insists that marriage is the only legitimate venue for subserving these two functions. The first function is the unison between the two halves yearning to one another and attracted spiritually by the free choice of one another and physically by the call of the sexual drive seeking its legitimate expression. God considers this as one of His signs: "Amongst His signs is that He created consorts for you from amongst yourselves, so that you may find tranquility with them, and (He) set love and compassion between you. Verily in this are signs for people who reflect." (30:21)

The second function is a corollary of the first and emanates from it. It is the preservation of the species by procreation: "And God has created for you consorts from amongst yourselves, and out of your consorts He created children and grand children for you, and provided you out of His bounty will they then believe in vain things and be ungrateful to God's favours?" (16:72)

Both functions are essential, and a marriage contracted with the preset condition of 'no sex' or 'no pregnancy' is Islamically blemished, as we explained before.

-KIWI   

Salaam

What the west lack so much today is the regulation of how the family functions,homes are reunied famalies are split ,what they are missing is the aspects of ibadah(worship)of allah and mu'amala (trascations between human beings).

Family is the core of islamic society,its about spouses living together in love security and tranquility and also teaching their children Allah commadaments.

It is narrated by Anas that the messager of Allah(peace be upon him) said "when a man marries he has fulfilled half of his religion,so let him fear allah regarding the remaining half".

Marriage is like a sheild which protects all evil from a family.

Marriage is the key to bringing a famalies life into existence.

Caarif   

Hi guys, i may sound bit sarcastic, but this is what i think about marriage.

1. Marriage is not a word. It's a sentence (a life sentence).

2. Marriage is love. Love is blind. Therefore marriage is an institution for the blind.

3. Married life is full of excitement and frustration:

In the first year of marriage, the husband speaks and the wife listens. In the second year, the

wife speaks and the husband listens. In the third year, they both speak and the NEIGHBORs listens.

4. A happy marriage is a matter of giving and taking; the husband gives and the wife takes.

5. Son: How much does it cost to get married, Dad? Father: I don't know son, I'm still paying for it.

6. Son: Is it true Dad? I heard that in ancient China, a man doesn't know his wife until he marries her. Father: That's true everywhere, son, EVERYWHERE!

7. Love is one long sweet dream, and marriage is the alarm clock.

8. They say that when a man holds a woman's hand before marriage, it is love; after marriage it is self-defense.

9. When a newly married man looks happy, we know why. But when a 10 year married man looks happy, we wonder why.

10. When a man steals your wife, there is no better revenge than to let him keep her.

11. Only 40 percent of married men cheat in Europe, the rest cheat in other parts of the world.

12. After marriage, husband and wife become two sides of a coin. They can't face each other, but still they stay together.

13. Marriage is when a man and a woman become one. The trouble starts when they try to decide which one.

14. Before marriage, a man yearns for the woman he loves. After the marriage the 'y' becomes silent.

15. It's not true that married men live longer than single men, it only seems longer.

16. WIFE: Let's go out and have some fun tonight. HUSBAND: OK, but if you get home before I do, leave the hallway lights on.

17. At a cocktail party, one woman said to another: 'AREN'T YOU WEARING YOUR >RING ON THE WRONG FINGER?' The other replied, 'YES, I AM. I MARRIED THE WRONG MAN.'

18. Man is incomplete until he gets married, then he is finished.

19. It doesn't matter how often a married man changes his job, he still ends up with the same boss (his wife).

20. A man inserted an ad in the paper - WIFE WANTED. The next day he received a hundred letters and they all said the same thing - YOU CAN HAVE MINE.

21. When a man opens the door of his car for his wife, you can be sure of one thing - either the car is new or the wife is.

22. They say women have a longer life expectancy than men...I think we just choose to die sooner!...

Reply Reply All Forward Delete Put in Folder...InboxSent MessagesDraftsTrash Can

Salaamz

ManshAllah brotha Millenium,sista Naziha surly marriage in islam is blessed but yet is easier to aked on zina.....don't ask why cause i don't know myself!

May Allah help his ummah inshAllah!

wa^salaamz