Sign in to follow this  
Chimera

Purchasing land in Somalia?

Chimera   

How would a person go about buying a plot of land in Somalia? Say 5-10km. Would a person have to make an agreement with the nearby locals or the government? Which of the two has the most legitimacy? Which of the two would safeguard longterm interests constructed on that specific piece of land? Does a Somali background automatically mean any uninhabited and historically non-populated area could potentially be mine because it's Somali soil, and i happen to be Somali, coupled with the fact that i'm the only person there with intentions for that territory in the form of a school, university or more ambitious projects? Would that be enough to protect me from future central government interference?

Those with experience, what say you?

Haatu   

Originally posted by --:

? Does a Somali background automatically mean any uninhabited and historically non-populated area could potentially be mine because it's Somali soil, and i happen to be Somali, coupled with the fact that i'm the only person there with intentions for that territory in the form of a school, university or more ambitious projects?

Not really. If the land is empty, you'd better consult the local elders in the area. For all you know, what may look like bushes to you, might actually turn out to be an ood someones grandad made meaning that land belongs to them. So my advice to you is consult the local elders.

Polanyi   

I can hook you a plot of land. But you'd have to pay all my cousins who I will employ as bodyguards. i will also require a cut of any future profits from the plot.

(ps. clan, clan, clan. ask your fam, b.)

Qorax   

wasiirka ceelasha, deganka iyo dhulbixinta ayaaba halka jooga. Lacag aa kaa xigta meel kasta oo somalia ka mida xataa badda waa lagaa gadaa.

Abwaan   

Waxaa yaab iigu darnaa markii la ii sheegay in shaqsi duq magaalo Banaadir looga dhigay oo lacag dadka ka qaata si uu dhul u siiyo oo weliba fari jirey in xawaalad uu doorbiday lacagta loo dhigo account uu ku lahaa taas oo dal dibedda ah lacagta ugu shubi jirtey. Soomaali iyo musuqmaasuq. Waxa dhan oo intaas dadka loo laynayaa, jagooyinka loo raadinaya amase ummadda qabyaaladda loogu kala soocayaa soo sadbursi iyo intaas maahan.

Blessed   

Somalida wax ka cawaansan ma arkaysid, dad iyo dawlad ba waa wada tuug and your clan is a descisive factor in everything. If you don't belong there or married to some one who does, don't even bother.

Even the land you owned for decades baa lagaa qaadayaa oo dadkale la siinayaa. :mad:

Daa'uud, brother, I advise you don't even bother buying any empty land now. Dhulkaas wada banaan waa dhulal dowladeed waana la isku qab qabsan doonaa soon or later.

By the way, is that junior Muqdisho FC team in Koronto?

Cawaale   

^I don't know about Somalia kulahaa...war illeen..

to the poster, take MMA's Advice sxb. meesha waa qasantahay, you don't know what is legal and what is not.

Come to Bosaso,,, i will introduce you to a guy called Sakhiraaye,forget about selling a land belonging to someone , xitaa misaajidada wuu iibiyaa kani!!! :D:D