Sign in to follow this  
Che -Guevara

Texas lawmaker to introduce anti-immigration

AUSTIN, Texas (AP) - A Texas lawmaker says she plans to push for a law similar to Arizona's get-tough immigration measure.

San Antonio Express-News and Houston Chronicle report Wednesday that Republican Rep. Debbie Riddle of Tomball says she will introduce the measure in the January legislative session.

The new Arizona law would require local and state law enforcement to question people about their immigration status - and make it a crime for immigrants to lack registration documents.

Riddle says if the federal government did its job "Arizona wouldn't have to take this action, and neither would Texas."

Democrats say such legislation is misguided and predict it will hurt the GOP politically.

Copyright 2010 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Rights groups say they will challenge new Arizona immigration law

(CNN) -- Four groups that advocate for immigrant rights said Thursday they plan to challenge Arizona's controversial new immigration law, which allows police to ask anyone for proof of legal U.S. residency.

The Mexican American Legal Defense and Educational Fund, the American Civil Liberties Union, the ACLU of Arizona and the National Immigration Law Center will hold a news conference Thursday in Phoenix to announce the legal challenge, the groups said.

The law, signed by Republican Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer last week, encourages racial profiling, endangers public safety and betrays American values, the rights groups said in a news release.

Brewer and others who support the law say it does not involve racial profiling.

"Racial profiling is illegal," Brewer said after signing the bill Friday. "It is illegal in America, and it's certainly illegal in Arizona."

The law requires immigrants to carry their alien registration documents at all times and requires police to question people if there is reason to suspect they're in the United States illegally. It also targets those who hire illegal immigrant day laborers or knowingly transport them.

Brewer also issued an executive order that requires additional training for local officers on how to implement the law without engaging in racial profiling or discrimination.

"This training will include what does and does not constitute reasonable suspicion that a person is not legally present in the United States," she said.

The law goes into effect 90 days after the close of the legislative session, which has not been determined

Brewer also issued an executive order that requires additional training for local officers on how to implement the law without engaging in racial profiling or discrimination. "This training will include what does and does not constitute reasonable suspicion that a person is not legally present in the United States," she said.

What's reasonable suspicion and how is this not racial profiling?

^ you should care sxb.

today it is mexicans tomorrow it is muslims.

this is not a big stretch, as we are already the favourite boogey-man

Duke-I think we can safely say no Mexican illegal immigrant is causing you any problem but point here is how do you tell Mexican American from Mexican.

Geeljire-Amazing eh, maybe we should send Duke to lynching days. I'm sure he will like Jim Crow.

Originally posted by Che -Guevara:

Duke-I think we can safely say no Mexican illegal immigrant is causing you any problem but point here is how do you tell Mexican American from Mexican.

No the only problem we face is Somali's who love the liberties of others, yet support monsters like Al Shabaab who cause so much problems.

As for the topic, I think the illegal imigration problem is a big issue. the way these nutcases are reacting to it however is wrong.

Immigration has to be fixed lads. I garee with that. :D

Originally posted by General Duke:

quote:Originally posted by Che -Guevara:

No the only problem we face is Somali's who love the liberties of others, yet support monsters like Al Shabaab who cause so much problems.

As for the topic, I think the illegal imigration problem is a big issue. the way these nutcases are reacting to it however is wrong.

Immigration has to be fixed lads. I garee with that.
:D
:D having Al-shabaab nightmares eh ? dont worry you are insignificant to their rightous and worthy cuase.

let me ask you, how many somalis in the states are legit refugees ?

and how many concocted BS stories and registered themselves as refugees, how many from canada, EU and other peaceful places of the world.

if you take this to it's logical conclusion once they are through with the mexicans how many maryooley do you think will pass muster with a closer examination of their original claims ?

already in parts of the south where there is a large presence of somali's e.g tenessee they are already facing 'these immigrants are taking our jobs' mobs

in the states everyone was/is a refugee at some point ... what was that saying throwing stones when you are in a glass house ?

having Al-shabaab nightmares eh ? dont worry you are insignificant to their rightous and worthy cuase.

Aside from their farts, the fake clowns who are robing south Somalia present no problem to me.

As for this issue, I dont understand the fuss really. People over react, however the Imigration issue has to be dealt with. Somali's have nothing to fear from these groups. They do have to fear for their lives back home from suicide bombers, fake Arab Mujahids, and blind justice Abu hebel style. ;)

Haatu   

Originally posted by Che -Guevara:

^What are you saying duqa?

I'd much rather learn about more interesting things instead of learning about how racist Americans can be.

Ps: Somebody's getting defensive :D