Sign in to follow this  
Baashi

Abu Dhabi -- any nomad there?

Baashi   

Looks like I will be moving to Abu Dhabi in a month or so. In fact I have signed the contract the other day -- Degree authentication which is a pain in the neck as it has to go through two different agencies and State Dept plus UAE embassy & medical certification is what is holding me back.

Are there any SOL families with school age kids? Are there reputable schools with Islamic curiculam? I've googled schools in UAE and the only reputable school I found is American School (14 grand per kid).

N.O.R.F   

Bal marka hore welcome awoow. Finally got the move dhe. Well I hope you pack plenty of sun cream for kuwa yar yar (adigu uma baahnid). Good time to move out here. AD is a nice place.

There are plenty of expat sites where you will all the info you need.

expatwoman.com is a start

nuune   

Baashe, good luck bro, seems you got buddy there aka Norf in the Emirates.

Bal markaanu fasaxa halkaa ku imaano na soo wareejiya suuqyada dahabka, hablihii baa dahab nagu wareeriyee :D

Baashi   

November 30th is the date barring something comes up. I'll def give u a ring this time. I am bringing my soccer gear with me. If we cross path expect a quick tuuneer.

On other note, wifey is bent to hire a booyeeso!! Somehow for some reason unknown to me that's all she cares about!! What'sup with that dept? What you know awoowe?

Baashi   

Will do that Nuune. I will be single till next June since kids are in the middle of school year. So make it quick for I can save u hotel expenses -- they gave me a villa. How about that for a change.

N.O.R.F   

Maid? Don't bother saxib. Too much hassle/trouble and requires alot paperwork/deposit etc.

Soccer? Oo miyaad 'dheelisaa'? :D

No doubt a shay nac nac at a cafe is in order when youre around these parts.

Baashi   

Oh beauty! Right there! u gave me the perfect excuse.

Back in the day I used to play banooni -- not kubad mine u -- as we call it then. But lately I haven't got the opp or the time to play.

By the way assume that all Kista boys know one or two about soccer. You won't go wrong on that assumption.

Welcome back Baashi and congratulations on the new job and the new adventure...I wish I was like Nuune (a man) so that when I am there this December I could stay at the villa too...But alas, hey Norf, could I get recommendation for hotels and sights in Dubai please!!!!!!!

Baashi   

Many thanks Northerner. Unless they modify the contract, Allah forbid, I will see you there Insha'Allah.

SS, no worries Qallanjo. I will hook you up smile.gif What's up with you, you know what. I didn't hear from you two. How did it go?

Hey Norf,

I checked the website, some of the activities and events they have already passed or wouldn't happen till next year in Jan...But the hotel section wasn't helpful because no one rated the hotels, no pictures, and nothing really more than a number to call...But I would keep checking it out maybe I would find more information.

Baashi,

It must been a long time because I have no idea what you mean by "you two, how did it go?" refresh my mind...As to not hearing from me, I think it was the other way around!!! :mad: