Sign in to follow this  
Ibtisam

Big Brother axed

Ibtisam   

Channel 4 has confirmed that it is axing reality TV series Big Brother.

The broadcaster has announced that the show will not return following next year's 11th series.

The news comes after ratings for the current run fell to an all-time low, with an average of just two million viewers tuning in to watch the housemates' antics.

The series once attracted audiences of up to ten million viewers and made household names of the likes of Jade Goody, 'Nasty' Nick Bateman and Brian Dowling.

There is also expected to be one more series of Celebrity Big Brother before Channel 4 drops the series entirely from its schedules. The channel is currently locked into a three-year deal with Big Brother's creator Endemol which ends next year.

A TV insider told The Sun: "The reality is people are bored with it. Even at Channel 4 the vibe among staff is that if you like Big Brother you've not cool. If the people commissioning the show don't think it's cool, what hope is there?"

However, it may not be the last UK viewers see of Big Brother as another broadcaster may snap up the series and speculation suggestions that Sky may put in an offer.

How do you feel about Channel 4's decision? Will you miss the show or should it have been axed years ago? Let us know...

About time, now can they get rid of American/ Britain got talent, X factor, celeb wife swap, normal wife swap, teenage mum, strictly come dancing and all other sillness people waste so much time on.

Originally posted by -MARX-:

^^You would make the perfect housemate. Your strange, hippy, Laissez-faire and like a Bohemian vagabond. It will do you justice and the perfect civilising mission.

Well when you put so complimentary as that how can I refuse? still the idea of not being able to perform one's daily toilette in the privacy of their own company is a rather gauche notion as is the custom of being locked in a house for weeks on end. I can barely stay at home for more than 2 days as it is without going a little insane so I doubt I'd enjoy the experience much. But thanks all the same for the encouragement.

NOOOO!

My life as I know it, is over.

How can I live without knowing what random 18 people are doing locked up in a house?

Lets go demonstrate outside C4 headquarters.