Sign in to follow this  
Business_Man

Reports: Somali Lesbians Sentenced to Death

A lesbian couple was sentenced to death in Bossasso, Somalia, Feb. 19 for "exercising unnatural behavior," according to numerous reports by Somali and international media.

The women reportedly were convicted under the Somali Criminal Punishment Law which is based on Islamic Sharia law.

Bossasso is a port city in the autonomous northeast Puntland region where executions reportedly are usually by firing squad.

The news reports said the unnamed women were arrested when one of them complained to police that the other refused to pay for her medical care after infecting her with a sexually transmitted disease.

According to the BBC, hundreds of spectators cheered when the judge handed down the death sentences.

Meanwhile, on Feb. 23, Puntland police denied that any of the reported events had occurred, one Somali newspaper reportedly printed a retraction, and the BBC said it had been unable to confirm its earlier reports.

The United Nations' Integrated Regional Information Network responded to the retraction by saying it knows who the women are and where they are jailed.

African   

The news reports said the unnamed women were arrested when one of them complained to police that the other refused to pay for her medical care after infecting her with a
sexually transmitted disease.

Guys what's wrong with statment?

1. Do Somalis back home know what's STDs?

2. Talk about putting the gun to ur head, by admitted the act?

3. Call me naive but, how can a woman pass STD to another woman? No gruesome detailing required from our male species. OK?

Peace & Love

Muhammad   

lol I heard this story back when it was first reported. It is a base-less rumor. I believe the story started in the U.S. when a somali newspaper put it on their website, and other media groups used them as their source.

Their is no prove this story ever happened.

Muhammad   

African, sis

I wouldn't be suprised, All major diseases are usually caused by actions condemned by Allah and our religion, Islam. It is form of punishment, for example if you look at Aids and the people who usually have it, they either do sinful things or are from societies where such actions are normal. Look at Africa for example, There are Muslims and Non-Muslims in this continent, when you look at who have Aids, you will see Many of the Countries where Muslims are living their lives according to Islam,(no prostitutes, adultry, homosexuality, etc..) Aids is very rare.

But when you look at other non-Muslim countries who either adopted christianity and western customs, or practice traditional african customs, that is where Aids is very wide spread.

Originally posted by Continental Batchelor:

[QB]lesbianism

The women reportedly were convicted under the Somali Criminal Punishment Law which is based on Islamic Sharia law.

Bossasso is a port city in the autonomous northeast Puntland region where executions reportedly are usually by firing squad.

The news reports said the unnamed women were arrested when one of them complained to police that the other refused to pay for her medical care after infecting her with a sexually transmitted disease.]

what a said story! human gets proscuted for thier sexual options! i bet there r homo there too, but these crazy wadaads who use the Sharia law like a kid stealing a candy from store, dont have the guts to proscute homo guys!!! they can do to women cuz it dont that no rock scientists who is beating the drums of cruelity to kill women. basically, these are the wadaads and their koons.

i hope you all remember amina from nigeria! who also was court marshalled by sharia law! and what an uproar it created thru out the world! sharia law must be abolished, its worst than aparthied!!!!!!!!!!! we lived as true moslems in our country before, we do not need to borrow the other so called waabi way of culture now. i was in arabia one time, one the best shiekh that wacdis on the tv said that a black women has no caoro!! can u believe, this is true story! newbee

talibans (wadaads) i know wont comprehend this.!!!!!!! ast la vista nomads, may allah makes go back to our beautiful way of live we had!!!

rudy-boy

African   

Rudy-boy my son lend me ur ear.

sharia law must be abolished

Islam is a comprehensive way of life that covers all aspect of a human being's needs (political, social, economical, educational, judiciary etc). It has the perfect solution for every problem that a human can face.

Humans for their own wimps & desires select the part of Islam that agrees with feelings and leave other parts. Its the so called 'wadaas' that you mentioned who should be condemned and not Islam.

shiekh that wacdis on the tv said that a black women has no caoro!! can u believe, this is true story! newbee

I can believe that as these so called 'sheikhs' are the mouth piece of their government and will say what they're told.

So bro, pls I urge u to study Islam and come back tell me what you found. u will shout Waaaw I didn't know that, its so beautiful.

Peace

Salam 3alaykom,

Rudy war nin yahoow bal sug wax yar baan ku sheegayaa walaal. First bruv dont you think its a dangerous statement to suggest that shariah law should be banned because at the end of the day we Muslims are created to worship Allaah alone without associating any patners with Him and such obey the commandments of Allaah.

Know that may the mercy of Allaah be upon you walaal for verily Tawheed is to single out Allaah for all worship and is the foundation of the milatul hannafiyyah (the straight upright religion). Divided into three areas: (1)Tawheed Ar-rabubiyah = The Oneness of Allaah in His Lordship (2) Tawheed Al Uluxiyyah = Oneness of Allaah in His Worship (3)Tawheed Al Asmaa Wa Sifaat = Oneness of Allaah in His Attributes and Names (Source: Kitaab Tawheed, Shaykh Saalih Fawzaan).

Therefore we Muslims cannot jump from ABC to XYZ na'mean govna. Cant jump to shariah law without looking at Tawheed. Going back to the roots of the deen should enable us to comprehend it more inshaaALLAH. Know that sxb the Shariah Law is attained from Quran and Sunnah and its foundation is based upon Tawheed.

Shaykh Saalih Fawzaan said in his book Kitaab Tawheed that there is no verse of the Quran nor surah that doest not entail a discussion about Tawheed. Thus, we Muslims are obligated to try our best to follow Tawheed.

Rudy bruv, Knowing Allaah is the first important aspect of the religion of Islaam one must try and study it (myself included). Know that its Allaah that created you my brother from a mixture of sexual discharge of a male and female and blessed you with many special favours and blessings.

Therefore we must give thanks and single out worship to Allaah alone for verily its Allaah's right. And the greatest crime and worst of all oppressions are to associate patners with Allaah whilst you know certainly its Allaah alone that created you.

MJ over and out !

P.S. All good comes from Allaah and all mistakes I made above is from me and shaytaan.

Salam All. First of all God forbides sexual relationships between people of the same sex. Second of all, inqaar will take place and therefore diseases will definetly catch up with you if you practice this dirty jahanam act!.

Thank you for doing the research for me Imperial Lady!. I am happy to see that a fellow Londoner knows the Implications of sexual intercourse between lesbians!!!.

African......Let me just tell you that any body fluid that is infected that touches another persons genitals will cause severe contamination no matter whether the person is woman to woman or man to man!. It is gods curse so please be careful!!!.You can ask me more questions if you disagree with me so please feel free to make your statements!.

Peace.

P.S Mac Mac to Imperial Lady!!!

Baseless and useless rumor created by some anti-Puntland people, and really in general, some anti-Northeastern Somali peoples, mostly based in Mogadishu and its environs.

The very editor who first posted this over a year and a half ago, from QARAN newspaper, admitted in a public apology that THIS story of lesbians in Boosaaso was a fabrication and that his source in the Puntland city of Boosaaso had other political agendas to attend to.

P.S. SOL Admins MUST'VE heard about this story and how FAKE it was. So I wonder why allow these perverts to keep posting such dispicable (and false) "news." SOL is slowly turning into another version of SomaliNet, you've been forewarned!

I take my piece from the ridiculous haters!