Sign in to follow this  
RedSea

Battle of Badr and its significance in our history!

RedSea   

Assalamu Calaykum,

When we talk about the most important events in the history of Islam, many things come to mind. However there is no dispute whatsoever that not a event in our history has dramatically shifted the Muslims and Islam itself at the time from unknown and weak position pracicticed by individuals considered by kufars of Quraish to being crazy magicians to a mere force to reckon with. It gave us a the identity which Islam has today.

The battle of Badr, the most significant event in our history by far.

220px-Hattin.jpg

It was so important that our beloved Prophet peace be upon said the following quote:

"God this is Quraish. It has come with all its arrogance and boastfulness, trying to discredit Thy Apostle. God, I ask Thee to humiliate them tomorrow. God, if this Muslim band will perish today, Thou shall not be worshipped. [1] "

And Allah mentions in the Qur'an:

"And ALLAH had already helped you at Badr when you were weak. So take ALLAH for your protector so that you may be grateful." [3:123]_suratul Ala Cimraan.

Islam could have perished off the phase of the earth, thanks to Allah, the victory was given to Muslims and thus we are enjoying it today.

Learn more about our history and other important battles like Badr here.

Thanks,

Assalamu Calaykum.

This is waxa si ka ah:

"God, if this Muslim band will perish today, Thou shall not be worshipped."

It is not a supplicating; it is not baryo; it is not duceysi. It is THREATENING, Eebbe. What if Eebbe let Muslims defeated in that war?

I don't think it is an authentic, saxiix xadiis. Many bogus ah ayaa internetka ka buuxo.

the battle of badr was important in islamic calender, it was turning point between xaq and batil, Qureesh was arrogant, rich and pagan, and they want to impose their belives and traditions to the rest of arab tribes in the desert.

Muslims after their flight to medina to escape torture and mal-treatment, that was the first victory they tasted, and letting bite the dust arch-enmey and antagonists like Abu-jahal.

the saxaabah,as the a rag-tag army and under the leadership of the prophet(SCW), never ceased to gave all what they got to establish the laws of Allah on earth, and they succeed with the permisson of Allah the Almighty. they scarificed alot,wa Adabuu al sufahaa or they teach them a lesson. anyone who witness the battle of badr was very important in the eyes of the Prophet, read the story of the Saxaabi called Xaadib binu Abi Baltacah.it's another story for another time.

Ibtisam   

MMA:

Wuu caalcalyah, expressing his sever distress and fear if Allah does not help them. Also because the Quraish set out with the aim to destroy and put an end to Mohammed and his followers and bragged on the way to battle that this will be achieved. From what I remember it is authentic I remember reading it just this Ramadan. There are many examples similar, For example Ibrahim (W/s) said something along those lines Oh allah if you do not forgive me, guide me and have mercy on me, I shall be of the misguided (lost ones). Which logically you would think waa blackmail.

P.s. I'll look for the reference inshallah

RedSea   

Miskiin Macruuf Aqyaar,

Saxib I wouldnt' post anything especially when regarding our faith if I had no full knowledge of it.

In fact those words where mentioned during the night before the battle of Badr near the water well where the Muslims stayed that night.

The Prophet peace be upon him was so concerned that he didn't sleep the whole night, he was praying and making duca's throughout the whole night. That particular Duca the prophet mentioned, telling Allah how important this battle was, as important as Islam being perished.

That night, a little light rain fell on Muslims, the mujaahideen all fell asleep. Allah made them fall sleep to give them rest for the task ahead of them, the Prophet peace be upon him stayed up through whole night praying, making duca' etc...

For complete story of that battle in Somali including that duca itself:

go to Qaswatu Badr part: 2

RedSea   

MMA,

Another quote from different source:

"Allah, I remind Thee of Thy promise and beg Thee for its fulfilment. Lord, if Thou dost let this body of Muslims be destroyed today, Thy worship will be discarded altogether on the earth.’ He continued his supplications in agony"

The wording is different but the messege is the same.

Fabregas   

Their multitude will be put to flight, and they will show their backs.) affirming that their gathering shall scatter, and they shall be defeated. Al-Bukhari recorded that Ibn `Abbas said, "The Prophet , while in a dome-shaped tent on the day of the battle of Badr, said,

Allah! I ask you for the fulfillment of Your covenant and promise. O Allah! If You wish (to destroy the believers), You will never be worshipped on the earth after today.) Abu Bakr caught him by the hand and said, `This is sufficient, O Allah's Messenger! You have sufficiently asked and petitioned Allah.' The Prophet was clad in his armor at that time and went out, saying,

(Their multitude will be put to flight and they will show their backs. Nay, but the Hour is their appointed time and that Hour will be more grievous and more bitter.)'' Al-Bukhari also recorded that Yusuf bin Mahak said, "I was with the Mother of the faithful, `A'ishah, when she said, `When I was still a young playful girl in Makkah, this Ayah was revealed to Muhammad ,

http://www.tafsir.com/default.asp?sid=54&tid=51420

Baddacase, I googled that purported xadiis and I found the xadiis is attributed to a book published in 1955 in Masar, called Al Seerah Al Nabaweyah (Biography of the Prophet) and authored by C/maalik Ibn Xushaam.

That book may or may not cite the original xadiis. I don't know in that case, marka we still need the original xadiis.