Sign in to follow this  
Xafsa

Xujo

Xafsa   

Lets see how good your analyzing skills are in somali...

Aabahaa seedikgiis..aabihiis

gabar uu dhalay..wiil ay sii dhashay muxuu ku yahay?

nuune   

waxba,aamiin

check this out:

afar jiir oo uur ah ayaa wada socday,mid istaaguu ku dhalay kuna jiifka kan kalena fadhiga,jiirka afaraad sidee ama qaabkee buu ku dhalay,aamiin

Abdinuur   

This is interesting b/c it involves a very critical thinking in analysing things.

Xafsa,

Aabahay seedigiis would be my Abti and gabar uu dhalay Abtigay would be like a sister....now, wiil aay sii dhashay would have what type of relationship?...that I don't know now...you get what I am saying?

Nuune, the other jiir would probably in a running state...so, asagoo ordaya baa laga yaabaa inu dhalay his baby-jiir.

So, what's next?

Xafsa   

abdi nuur...you skipped a part... your very close..

aabahaa seedigiis aabhihiis....gabar uu dhalay will aay sii dhashay muxuu kuu yahay?

if you give up...let me know.

peace and luv

Well let me see if i can answer this and Xafsa u said aabahaa seedigiis... aabihiis right if im not mistaking wuxuu kuu yahay AWOOWE and gabadha uu dhalay waxeey kuu tahay EEDO or HABARYAR wiil eey sii dhashay walaalo baad tihiin :D I hope i get it right... Let me now xafsa if i get it right.....

peace.

Abdinuur   

Filssan is probably closer than I am...plus I misread the question (my bad!). But I would go with Filssan's guess...hope she's right! smile.gif

Xafta, I bet you're good at these things...very creative. I gotta give you some props! May be you can help me built my family tree.

On the side note: sometimes when I learn about other cultures, they aren't unique as our's. There are a lot of beautiful elements about our Somali culture, and I don't know why some people take it for grant it or whine about it. You see...we gotta think outside the box! You feel me. :D lol.

Lefty   

I think the answer is yourself if you're a boy..

IF you're a girl, then the boy is your birth-brother..

Lefty i don't think the answer would be YOURSELF the way she said but will wait for her answer where is she anyways Xafsaaaaa we need help here lool.

Gediid   

Xafsa let me give it a shot.......

Aabahaa seedikgiis..Awoogaa Hooyo"...Abihii....Awooga Labaad...Gabar U dhaley....Hooyaada Habaryateed.......Wiil Ey dhashey.......Hooyaada Ilma habreed ayey yihiin meaning he is your Uncle............

Does that sound like I am confused or what :D:D:D

Xafsa   

ok..you sadly misled bunch :D

heres the answer....

aabahaa seedigiis waa abti...

aabihiis means your abti's aabo..which is your grandfather.

gabar uu dhalay means your grandfathers daughter...since this is about you that would be your mother...

wiil ay dhasha..wiil ay hooyadaa dhasha is of coarse your brother...

The part that confuses people is the gabar uu dhalay part...some people take it to mean habaryar and not hooyo....

anyways...

filssan..you got the right answer but the logic was off.

gediid-- seedi not sodog..seedi = brother in law

sodog = father in law.

abdinuur---I am so far from being creative its a crime.....but about the family tree holla at me ;)

peace and luv

Baashi   

Lefty got it right. I bet that is the right answer.

Anbahaa seedigiis = Abtigaa

Abtigaa Aabihii = Awoowgaa Hooyo

Awoowgaa Hooyo gabar uu dhaley = Hooyadaa (if he had only one daughter)

Hooyadaa wiil ay dhashay = Addiga(if ur mom has only one son).

If we reconstruct this 'xujo' : Abahaa seedigiis, aabihii, gabadha qudha ee uu dhaley, wiilkeeda madiga (kaligii) ah maxuu kuu yahay?

Batuulo   

oooooh nooo xafsa inaa i sugto eheed..

now this is my xujo..

Wiil iyo aabihiis iyo wiil iyo aabihiis baa isku raacay ugaarsi, wexey soo noqdeen iyagoo heysta 3 bakeyle.. sidee u qeybsanaayaan..????? :D