Sign in to follow this  
Haatu

Garissa

Haatu   

Just a snapshot for my fellow nomads who have never seen the city.

In no way is this thread meant to brag or engage in "My dusty village is better than your dusty village"

photo-0070.jpg

photo-0004.jpg

photo-0005.jpg

Curly   

Che becareful, you might been to ask the question where in Somaliland, Puntland or in this strange case Kenya is Garissa before you get a decent answer lol.

Huutu I've heard Hergeysa and Burco have changed a lot in the last few years, I visited in 2002 and was amazed at some of the development in Hergeysa but sadly there were only small pockets of development next to extreme poverty.

If I ever so back I really want to visit Maid, do you have any pictures of Maid?

Paragon   

Haatu, thanks. Reminds me of good old days in county high aka Barracks Boys or Ciyaalka Dabeesha :D . That Barclays building, on its left side was a Maura's? book shop and a few doors down the same building an uncle of mine, Caananuug's Parlour and Ice Cream cafe/hotel before it moved under Commercial Bank. Those were days! :D Maxaan chips and kebab's and queen cake cunay! My favourite was the Al-fornos... which the tourists also loved. That was if the gang we were didnt get to it first! In a nutshel, we were spoilt from all sides.

Nice to see good old and beautiful Garissa. I was there in August '07 and spent a few nights in the above lodging it's picture you posted. High class.

Thanks haatu.

MZanzi   

Originally posted by Haatu:

photo-0024ed.jpg

We're not doing bad eh :cool:
:D

More will come later IA

this car is such a big hit in garisa kuleel badan

Haatu   

Originally posted by Che -Guevara:

Where in Somalia is Garissa?

War ninyow see wax kaa yihiin. Bal map-ka fiiri :D