Sign in to follow this  
IL CAPO

DADDY....HOW DARE YOU DO THIS TO MY MOTHER?

IL CAPO   

This is the true story of Tommy "China" Zuma,a critically aclaimed young African film maker.

Imagine your Brother dated your best friend for two years and after every date they went she will come to you and give you every little detail that happened,every kiss,every caress,every stroke and every lovemaking sessions that they have had.

you even know wether your brother is good in bed or flop and did i mention you even know the size of his manhood, feels sick don't it?but what if you never knew wether this guy was indeed your own brother?

one day your friend asked you to go with her to her Boyfriend's Birthday Party and you accept the invitation..after the party you sit in the sitting room waiting for your friend to say Good Night to her man and you see a very familiar looking photo hanging on the wall and when you take a closer look at it...you will realize this picture is either your Dad's picture or someone who is his long lost twin brother.

you get so exited and at times hilarious and you finally find the courage to ask "Whose picture is this,Tommy?"..."Ohh...i could have introduced you to the handsome man as i see you have been eyeing him ever since you got here but only if i have known him...My Mom gave it to me just before she passed away and she told me it is my late Father's Picture"he replied."

you go home to your Mom and you tell her what you just saw in an strange man's home..your Mom tells you to stop exxagerating as your dad was the only son of his parents.

That night you go to bed thinking it over and over again and asking yourself somany questions and slowly you begin to notice all the similarities between your Girl's hubby and your Dad..particularly the Chinese like eyes and the gap in their tooth and Oh that familiar grin which your Dad was so famous for.

but if this guy is indeed related to me then how come he has a different surname?is the million bucks question that you can't find an answer for.

Tomorrow i shall go and see him and ask him everything i need to ask him" is your last decision before you close your eyes and fall sleep.

That is the End of Part One of the most heart breaking story you've ever heard.

IL CAPO   

Part two:

She went over to his house but he was already gone to a job interview that he had so she decided to talk to her best friend about it and see if she could do anything to help.

Her friend told her that she and Tommy had a date tonight and he will come and pick her up so she should stick around until he comes and she agreed.

The clock was 19:30 pm when he finally came and as expected he came inside and said and done whatever he had to do and after that he said Hi to his girlfriend's best friend and then he told his girl that he got it, first she wasn't too sure if she heard him correctly then he stood up and opened up his arms as wide as they could go suggesting that she should give him a big hug and congratulate him by finally getting that job he has been looking for the past 8 months.

Her friend remembered what they talked about earlier in the day and she finally broke the news to him and said, "Honey. My friend here has something to ask you and we have been talking about it the whole day so please listen to her"

I asked him all that I needed to ask him and I am sorry that I ruined their dinner plan and celebration but that night I went to bed knowing that I did what every human in my position would have done and even though he was in no position to answer all my questions, yet at least he has shown me that he was interested in helping me and help himself along the way.

Tommy phoned me few days later and he told me that he asked around and he even called some relatives of his Mom's side that he has never spoken to and asked few questions but unfortunately they know nothing about my Dad so don't give up and don't worry I wont rest until I make sure every stone is turned, he assured me.

Tommy knew his dad was from another province and he also knew if ever needed to find his dad's family he had to travel and go to that province and ask around so the only time he was free was at the weekends and he talked to his Girl and asked her to be patient with him and forgive him as he wont be able to spend much time with her as much as he used to before because he will be away looking for some family members that he never knew he had.

IL CAPO   

Part three:

Tommy’s own words:

For the first couple of trips I couldn’t make any break through and every time I thought I was making a progress I would reach a dead end but I never expected it to be any easier so at least I was prepared.

One rainy September afternoon I was given a phone number and name and I was told that he used to be one of my father’s childhood friends, his name was Bra Steve and he owned a nightclub in down town.

I didn’t want to get excited and raise my expectations just encase he didn’t have nothing much to share with me other than their childhood which, with all due respect I had no interest in so I decided to call him before I got there and by the time we finished talking it was clear this man knew my own father more than me, his own flesh and blood but there was no time to b!tch about that so I told my driver to drive me to the nightclub and when I got there he was already waiting for me at the door and he seemed pleased to see me.

He told me how close he was to my father and he was even there the day he married my Mother and then suddenly he dropped the bomb and for the first time in my life I wished I was never born because he told me that my father had so many lovers and there is every chance that I might have many more brothers and sisters that live somewhere in this country.

For once I prayed that he didn’t say what I thought he just said and I even felt like running away but I was never a man who ran away from his responsibility and even if I did what am I going to tell my sister Cindy who I knew was waiting for me to return later that evening but with all these confusion there was still a light at the end of the tunnel because Cindy, my sister, no more my lover’s friend was a bright young lady and deep down inside I could feel my excitement building because I was so happy that she was my sister and I couldn’t wait to share the good news with her.

Only if I knew what lay ahead and the heartbreak that was waiting for me.

More to come later.

Juxa   

where is the rest of the story? waa xay hoo-yuxdan

comeon, give us the rest hanoo yaryarayn

IL CAPO   

Just before I left for home the old man suggested I should pay a visit to another old man who was related to my papa and he might have some important information about my old man and that is exactly what I did.

I met this smart gentleman and he told me that he was my uncle, since I was in no position to argue with him after he told me he was my father's cousin I just nodded my head in agreement with what he was saying but I soon let him know that I wasn't here to meet and get to know my father's relatives, of course I had no problem with that but that wasn't the main reason why I came here now, was it?

He told me that he knew my dad was married to my mom and Cindy’s mom but what I didn't know was that there were more wives and lovers that dad kept in the sidelines and didn't want nobody to know about, I asked him if he ever met or knew any of those "other" wives and lovers by chance and he calmly nodded his head and said "Sure, one lives just down the road and her name is---."

That caught me completely off guard because I didn't know what to say to her or if she will ever be interested in talking to me since I have never met her before nor did I ever hear about her so I didn't know how she would react to me or if she will ever be willing to talk to me and answer all my questions.

She was very social lady and I could tell in her younger days she was a very pretty lady but I was amazed to see my father's photo in her sitting room but none made me more surprised and shocked at the same time when she told me that she had a son by my father and if I was in no rush I could wait for him and meet him since he was my "Brother" the kind of Brother that I never knew I had and his name was Christian.

As soon as I laid my eyes on him I knew he was indeed my brother because he had the same tiny eyes and to this day people ask me if we are twins.

Christian was at university and he was studying law and I was impressed with his down to earth attitude and I was also proud of him because after all he was my kid brother nonetheless, however his Mom told me that there could also be some more brothers and sisters, in fact there was a lady who lived on the other side of the city who used to be rumoured to be my father's lover while he was still with Christian's Mom.

IL CAPO   

I went over to see the "other" lady after Christian's Mom gave me her address and to my surprise she was quite willing to talk to me, in fact she knew about my Mom and Cindy's Mom and Christian's and after a while she introduced me and Christian to her two Daughters.

I know you are thinking what else now? And you should, because there was indeed some more kids that my father had with other women and soon I will begin a journey across the country to search for all of them, one child at the time and to my surprise there were a whole lot of them some that he have had before my Mother and were quite older than me.

I have discovered that I had 53 Brothers and Sisters and it took me over 4 years to find all of them and today I can proudly say I got a three lawyers, two of them highly respected, a banker, 4 doctors, fighter jet pilot and a commercial airline pilot and a hostess, a professional soccer player, the captain of the ladies’ national netball team all as my Brothers and Sisters.

My father's first born child is 17 years older than me and he is a very successful businessman and the youngest was born in 86 one year before my dad passed away in a road accident, probably on his way to see one of our 11 mothers, but he was not going to see my Mom that I can assure you because he left us that morning and told us that he was going for a business trip and he will be back later that night and she shouldn't wait for him or cook for him.

When I was making this documentary I was asked if I will be bothered finding my Dad's secrets and how he cheated on my Mother, well, before I replied a firm "Yes" but today I am not, in fact I am proud that I have all these brothers and sisters but of course I wish he'd never lied to my Mother or any other Mother and all he had to do is be a man about it and admit it, imagine if I met a pretty girl and we fell in love with each other and when we agree to marry we find out that we are indeed a family, a brother and sister, I mean how could you ever deal with something like that? The main reason why I decided to search for my brothers and sisters is to keep my father's legacy and memory alive but later on I realized I was saving myself from a heartache.

I am glad I met, Ayanda my youngest sister, because she was an orphan, I mean how could you live in an orphanage when you have so many Brothers and Sisters who are multimillionaires? she didn't know that but imagine we heard about that later on, do you think Ayanda would have ever forgiven us for ignoring her cries for help?

The day I met her, I asked her if she knew who I was and she replied "No, but you look like my Dad so I assume you are his brother or relative" that brought tears into my eyes and then I told her that I was her brother, I took her to her orphanage home and I decided right there and then that I would take her with me because I knew deep down inside that is the best thing I could ever do for her, show her that she has a family and she was no Orphan.

Today Ayanda lives with me and my wife and our two daughters and two of my sisters passed away since I met them and the rest of us are still here and we always try to get together and sit down and talk to each other and get to know each other very well, I am out of the country most of the time but whenever I am around I always make sure that I call them and see how they are all doing and today we are all closer than we ever was.

IL CAPO   

I am neither mad at my Father nor bitter and I am not by any means holding a grudge against him because after all I am his own flesh and blood, his son and I will always love him even though I never got to know him as much as any kid would love to get to know to his old man.

We all forgive him and we are all proud of him because after all he is our father, the man who brought us into this world and there's no way we will ever despise him or be ashamed of him.

Cindy has a 29 brothers today, because she once told me, when she was growing up she wished to have an older brother who would look out for her and be there for her whenever those bully boys at school gave her a hard time or took her ice creams away from her.

Cindy and I are very close, closer than ever because first I am her older brother and secondly I am married to her best friend she has ever had and I have decided to name my eldest daughter after her and in return she named her new born baby son after me so our relationship is flourishing and its blossoming pretty well.

I didn't make this documentary to gain any financial reward from it but to search for my family, but it wont hurt for the fact that it is in such a demand all across the globe but all I ever wanted to do was to find my brothers and sisters so that if I die today I know I played my part to keep my father's legacy and memory alive by bringing all his 53 children together.

I dedicate this documentary to the memory of my late sisters: Cecelia and Toni.

P.S Tommy, is currently busy filming "Son of The Soil" a movie about the Khoi people in the Kalahari, it is a fact based movie about how once the colonial powers tried to wipe them out, first they tried to change their religion, culture and language and when they couldn't succeed they tried to force them by using a bullet.

Peace.

IL CAPO   

Only if you guys would show little patience, because you guys rushed me into finishing the story and now you missed out all the tension, the suspense, the thriller and not to mention the drama and like they say in Somali "Film buruto aan fiirsanay"

so your money is " Non-refundable"