Sign in to follow this  
me

Sanad Guuraddii 104 Aad Ee Ka Soo Wareeg Dagaalkii Lagu Hoobtay Ee Jidbaale

Red Sea

I'm glad you decided to backpeddle. That was a photoshopped picture, but the first one is real.

Abu

Fair point. The sayid was a deranged man though as much as he was a hero(aun), to be honest. Have you seen the insulting tribal poetry he composed, and the innocent somali he had killed because of their tribe. It's not surprising, not all somali's were willing to fight for his noble cause against the colonialists.

In a way I understand why some somali's did not want to have anything to do with him, even other poets/leaders from that era like ali duuh did not think highly of the so called sayid.

Blessed   

What's more telling Abu, is how 'me' posts an article about the Dervishes (a Northern Somaali movement) and then goes on to question Warran Cade about how Northerners felt about colonial rule. Ama yarku waa slow ama dan kaluu leeyahay. Hmmmm. I'm inclined to go with the later.

The Dervish movement was not the ONLY movement in SL. There was always local resistance which lead to the liberation of SL 1960. The seccessionist arguement is based on the existance of 'The State of Somaliland' between 26 June -1 July 1960. Not the British rule!

me   

Brother Adam,

You said the following.

1.At the same time like our ancestors were yet the entire continent was colonized before us while our ancestors repulsed the invaders and drove them to small coastal enclaves so i doubt it had anything to do with lack of strength.

How come that it was the colonials that came to our shores and that we did not go to theirs?

2.Even now a foreign proxy army serving as a condom for the Western powers

Condom is used for penetrating, Somalia and the Somalis are being penetrated.

3. To say Somalia is more eligible for future conquest than any other country in Africa is laughable.

Why should we compare ourselves with the worlds basket cases? winning a medal at the paralympics doesn't make you the worlds strongest, fastest or best. So why can we not compete with the rest of the world, whats wrong with us?

4. The real issue is lack of unity which is what prevents Somalis from giving that last devastating punch to their enemies

We can't even work together long enough to form a system of government that will satisfy our needs for development. Whats this mythical unity we are talking about here? who should be united and why? and what if they do not want to?

me   

There was always local resistance which lead to the liberation of SL 1960.

Blessed care to share some documenation or even stories about that local resistance you are refering to. names, dates, acts of resistance etc etc?

Abu Diaby,

You are on to something, I hope that you go deeper into that line of arguing about the role of clan in the Darwish resistance.

Chimera   

Brother me no disrespect but i really don't get where your going. Is your topic's purpose to discuss what fueled the 'previous stagnant European countries' into becoming seaborne Empires? Is it to envisage a strong Somalia competing with the rest of the world? Is it intended to be a haven for pessimism and self doubt because of the current state of our country?

please, clarify yourself and i will continue to contribute tomorrow when i wake up, cause right now, i really don't know where your going brother!

Ibtisam   

"ME" is doing some research and soul searching, haa laa yaabin, the brother is starting from basics, just give him some sources in this general area and he will figure out his own answers, as for now, everything you tell him he will question it and depend you bring pictures and video tape. :D

I think I have something on the SL liberation of 1960, but if I remember correctly it is in somali. I'll check one of these days.

RedSea   

Badacase,

My questions are very straight forward.

Were the people of Northern Somalia happy with the English presence?

Was the colonial government a legitimate government according to the people of Northern Somalia? or was it perceived as a foreign occupation?

I want to hear from you as a secessionist supporter how you view this history of ours and how that history has influenced today's secessionist agenda

With the independence we gained on June, 26, 1960. It was Saciir and Naciim. The british presence was percieved for exactly what it was, gumaysi. And what part of the word 'Gumaysi' don't you understand?

This peom by Timacade should summed it all up for you.

Ilaahaan waxba seegine

Subaciisa Quraankiyo

Sabbaxooyin ku sheegayow

Saciira iyo naciima

Rabbiigii kala seerayow

Markay suurtu dhawaaqdo e

La soo saaro makhluuqa e

Shaqiga iyo saciidka

Maalintaad kala soocdo

Dembigaannu samaynay

Rabbigayow naga saamax

Subciyay oo ka dukeeyaye

Ka siddeetan sebaaney

Calankaannu sugaynaye

Sahankiisa ahaynow

Seermaweydo hillaacdayow<

Sagal maanta darroorayoo<

Siigadii naga maydhayow<

Saq dhexaannu ahayne<

Kii soo saaray cadceeddow<

Samada kii u ekaaye

xiddigaa mid la siiyayow

Saaxirkii kala guurraye

Sarreeyow ma-nusqaamow

An siduu yahay eegno e

Kaana siib Kanna saar

me   

I also asked.

Was the colonial government a legitimate government according to the people of Northern Somalia? or was it perceived as a foreign occupation?

What would your answer to that be?

Ibti - liberation is a not the right word for what you were trying to say, but at least you spelled it correctly.

Ibtisam   

^^^What is normally wrong with my spelling? :confused: I cannot believe "me" baa spelling igu waanaya. Okay then. :cool:

This was the war that my grandfather as a teenager and six of his elder brothers and cousins fought against the invading infidel armies for the honor of our land & religion. Only my grandfather survived. (May allah rest all of these mujahedeens in peace)

PS: ME, wonderful topic, however, sxb you yourself killed the whole thread and its importance by provocatively singling out one section of the community when the fact was these invading armies exploited every weakness in our people by threatning and forcing people to do such these things. and when you know no clan was immune from this humiliation.

RedSea   

Originally posted by me:

I'm not gonna pin point and interpret everything for you. learn your own history and wazzup with the 21 questions saxib? Refer to people like Adam yare for more.

Take care.

me   

Originally posted by Allamagan:

This was the war that my grandfather as a teenager and six of his elder brothers and cousins fought against the invading infidel armies for the honor of our land & religion. Only my grandfather survived. (May allah rest all of these mujahedeens in peace)

PS:
ME, wonderful topic, however, sxb you yourself killed the whole thread and its importance by provocatively singling out one section of the community when the fact was these invading armies exploited every weakness in our people by threatning and forcing people to do such these things. and when you know no clan was immune from this humiliation.

Allamagan,

Our nation is grateful for the sacrifices made by your family.

However I would like to ask you, how come it is possible for invading armies to exploit the same weaknesses the colonials exploited over 100 years ago?

Badacase,

You do not have to interpret anything for me. I asked for your opinion on the matter. Was the colonial government a legitimate government according to the people of Northern Somalia? Or was it perceived as a foreign occupation? I could not have asked a simpler question.

me   

Originally posted by Abu_Diaby- Al Falastini:

^^whats with the 101 questions these days?

To find answers we have to ask questions. We can't have answers without asking questions.

N.O.R.F   

Imagine wasting valuable time on researching something for the sole purpose of instigating a qabiil bash session. All this coming from Mr 'Somalinimo' himself. Give us a break mate.

Originally posted by Adam-Zayla:

Brother
me
no disrespect but i really don't get where your going. Is your topic's purpose to discuss what fueled the 'previous stagnant European countries' into becoming seaborne Empires? Is it to envisage a strong Somalia competing with the rest of the world? Is it intended to be a haven for pessimism and self doubt because of the current state of our country?

please, clarify yourself and i will continue to contribute tomorrow when i wake up, cause right now, i really don't know where your going brother!

Good luck in trying to get any sense out of him saxib. Many have tried but are often left 'baffed'. I'm starting to believe its an intended 'confusion policy'.