Sign in to follow this  
- Femme -

Questions ~

Khayr   

Originally posted by Kooleey:

1. How can a woman be a present day Virgin Mother?

(Yes, I'm bored. Indulge me)

Salamz,

This might be a cynical question or a rhetorical quesiton but if it ain't .....

The term Virgin in conjunction with a noun-Mother means a NEW MOTHER, a FIRST TIME MOTHER or it could describe the 'Naivety/Innocent' of the Mother.

WalAllahu yaclim

Khayr   

Originally posted by Castro:

You mean give birth without engaging in intercourse with the male of the species?

Artificial insemination.

I didn't think of it that way but rather as a phrase to describe Personality Traits.

But I do recall a few months ago, FF posted a Deleted topic about such a topic-Artificial insemination. Therefor, Castro's definition makes sense to me.

Castro   

If it's not done for fertility problems, I'm pretty sure it's haram. So Kooley, what's the deal? Ain't no Faarax good enough? :D

Well both of you are right although I didn't think of either of ur approaches, was thinking about a virgin, unmarried woman adopting a child. Legally, she is the mother of the child. :D

Khayr,

When was that? I have very bad memory. I don't even remember what I did last week. I don't recall that topic.

Next Q;

What is your greatest fear?

[Edit] LOL@ Castro . Not that. Adoption has been on my mind for a pretty long time. I liked the play on words (Maryama is refered to as Virgin Mother) smile.gif

Castro   

What is your greatest fear?

Getting shot (and dying from it). Specially while my kids are young.

Khayr   

Well both of you are right although I didn't think of either of ur approaches, was thinking about a virgin,
unmarried woman adopting a child. Legally, she is the mother of the child.
:D

Salamz,

Then that would be an INSULT to all MOTHERS who have carried a child in their womb for 9 months and gave birth (whether it be ceseran or natural etc). An Unmarried women adopting a child is a GUARDIAN-legal guardian. In islam, adoption is not allowed (refer to the story of the Prophet (sallahu caliyhe wasilm) marrying Zayid ibn thabit (think thats his last name)'s ex-wife (Divine Command) to prove that there was no such as Adoption in islam).

So the likes of Ms. Jolie can't be called a 'VIRGIN MOTHER' its like calling someone who hasn't committed a murder a 'VIRGIN MURDERER'.

In islam, adoption is not allowed (refer to the story of the Prophet (sallahu caliyhe wasilm) marrying Zayid ibn thabit (think thats his last name)'s ex-wife (Divine Command) to prove that there was no such as Adoption in islam).

Khayr,

You are so wrong in on so many levels. Not only is adoption allowed in Islam but it is highly encouraged. What is forbidden is giving the child your family name. It goes even so far that if you adopt a child and nurse it, your biological children and that child are siblings in every sense of the word.

How is that an insult to mothers? Motherhood is the easiest thing in the world. Any id!ot, fool, loser can bear a child. It takes someone great to adopt.

As for Ms. Jolie, she was never a virgin to begin with lol.

Castro; Afraid of being shot? You could die in so many ways. You might slip on the tub while taking a shower and hit your head and die. :D

Castro   

^ Slip and hit your head kulaha. You think I'm a senior citizen? War ileen! Atheer qori iyo xabad uun ii sheeg aniga. Anything else, I say bring it on. :D

And what's with the new interest in Angelina Jolie. Exactly what do you like about her?

Khayr   

quote:In islam, adoption is not allowed (refer to the story of the Prophet (sallahu caliyhe wasilm) marrying Zayid ibn thabit (think thats his last name)'s ex-wife (Divine Command) to prove that there was no such as Adoption in islam).

Khayr,

You are so wrong in on so many levels. Not only is adoption allowed in Islam but it is highly encouraged. What is forbidden is giving the child
your
family name. It goes even so far that if you adopt a child and nurse it, your biological children and that child are
siblings
in every sense of the word.

How is that an insult to mothers?
Motherhood is the easiest thing in the world. Any id!ot, fool, loser can bear a child. It takes someone great to adopt.
redface.gifredface.gifredface.gif

FF/Kooley,

Are you suggesting that

Adoption is > then Motherhood.? :confused:

On the adoption issue, its the idea of changing Names, identities, calling the person your SON, DAUGHTER etc. that

Here is some info. that might be of some assistance

"...Nor has He made your adopted sons your (biological) sons. Such is (only) your (manner of) speech by your mouths. But Allah tells (you) the Truth, and He shows the (right) Way. Call them by (the names of) their fathers; that is juster in the sight of Allah. But if you know not their father's (names, call them) your brothers in faith, or your trustees. But there is no blame on you if you make a mistake therein. (What counts is) the intention of your hearts. And Allah is Oft-Returning, Most Merciful."

(Qur'an 33:4-5)

The guardian/child relationship has specific rules under Islamic law, which render the relationship a bit different than what is common adoption practice today. The Islamic term for what is commonly called adoption is kafala, which comes from a word that means "to feed." In essence, it describes more of a foster-parent relationship. Some of the rules in Islam surrounding this relationship:

An adopted child retains his or her own biological family name (surname) and does not change his or her name to match that of the adoptive family.

An adopted child inherits from his or her biological parents, not automatically from the adoptive parents.

When the child is grown, members of the adoptive family are not considered blood relatives, and are therefore not muhrim to him or her. "Muhrim" refers to a specific legal relationship that regulates marriage and other aspects of life. Essentially, members of the adoptive family would be permissible as possible marriage partners, and rules of modesty exist between the grown child and adoptive family members of the opposite sex.

If the child is provided with property/wealth from the biological family, adoptive parents are commanded to take care and not intermingle that property/wealth with their own. They serve merely as trustees.

These Islamic rules emphasize to the adoptive family that they are not taking the place of the biological family -- they are trustees and caretakers of someone else's child. Their role is very clearly defined, but nevertheless very valued and important

Source

Haneefah   

^What I blieve the sister is referring to is Sponsoring a child rather than adopting which is clearly prohibited in Islam, as you've also said. Sponsoring a child (the poor, orphan etc.) is a deed that's considered extremely righteous in Islam and very much encouraged ; there's an authentic hadeeth of the prophet (saw) where he said the one who takes kafila for a child will be beside him in Jannah (not exact wording). With the depressing plight of many muslims around the world today and the ever-increasing number of orphaned, displaced, impoverished children, we should give this more consideration Insha'Allah and perhaps sponsor at least one child (esp since many Muslim relief/humanitarian org's are making it feasible for you to do it without you having to bring the child here).

Motherhood is the easiest thing in the world. Any id!ot, fool, loser can bear a child.

Sis, bearing a child is one of the greatest gifts Allah bestows upon us, and although some of us usually take this for granted, not everyone gets so fortunate in receiving this precious gift. I Know this lady who's been married for more than 15 yrs and has been trying to get pregnant for the longest time but still hasn't, though she's quite patient and Allah has given her a husband with great Imaan, I can only imagine her continuous yearning and distressing. :( I pray inuu Allah iyada iyo inta imtixankaa ku jirta oo idil siiyo ubad.

Foxy   

todays Virgin's sort of mother>>>>>>i hear not

much off this

Must have been a women that have been caged for quite some time.......good on her patience...for being a mother while being a virgin???????....

cheers