Sign in to follow this  
Queen Arawello

What is the Right Time to Marry?

C&C please do enlighten me; how is seeing your friends getting married stressful?

p.s this reminds me of Britney spears song (don’t hate)

Im not a girl, not yet a woman

I used to think

I had the answers to everything

Mm but now I know

That life doesnt always go my way. yeah

Feels like Im caught in the middle

Thats when I realize

Im not a girl

Not yet a woman

All I need is time

A moment that is mine

While Im in between

Im not a girl

There is no need to protect me

Its time that i

Learned to face up to this on my own

Ive seen so much more than you know now

So dont tell me to shut my eyes

Im not a girl

Not yet a woman

All I need is time

A moment that is mine

While Im in between

Im not a girl

But if you look at me closely

You will see it in my eyes

This girl will always find her way

Im not a girl

Im not a girl dont tell me what to believe

Not yet a woman

Im just tryin to find the woman in me, yeah

All I need is time

Whoa, all I need is time...

A moment that is mine

... thats mine

While Im in between

Im not a girl

Not yet a woman

Not now

All I need is time

A moment that is mine

While Im in between

Im not a girl

Ooooh, not yet a woman

Jibreel   

Pray to Allah and ask him to guide you regarding the issue.

Getting married is important and though finding a suitable person in this day and age might be a struggle,still,with the right intension,prayer and patience will get you exactly where you wanted to be and even better.

Hope for the best and do not measure yourself with your friends and even family members.Your time will come.

Castro   

What is the Right Time to Marry?

When you have received your graduate degree and worked for several years to reach some financial independence. Thirty+ (but < 40) sounds about right.

Juxa   

CL walaalay mean nimada iska daaa.

gabadha asked legitimate question, social pressure meelkasta bey kajirtaa

Queen, somalidu waxay ku maahmaahaan calafkaada baa la cunaa, meaning insha allah when allah uuqadaro guurkada.

dont marry just because your friends are doing it, do it because you want to. when you find the right person (there is no such person) so let me rephrase, when you find a man, you can occassionally tolerate,,,,,,,,,,get married.

good luck sister, qalbiga qeyr usheeg, you king is indeed coming soon.

ps: to those supporting the ukumo-keydis, one can do so whilst married if one wishes to delay child-birth

J11 :D You read my mind.

Juxa- english please...seriously i cant read it. (apart from mean-and i am not mean)

How I detest being called “sister” never understood why people who aren’t related to you opt to call you as such when your in-fact not related to them at all. I understand that some regard this as a sign of respect etc but all I equate it with is an attempt to rob me my identity. Be as it may (online ID), but it’s my identity none the less….don’t mind me really.

Yes your question- me married? God No. I’m not against the idea; I just don’t see the need or care for it at this stage of my life. However, by all means if it’s your prerogative then do enter the “glorified prison” when you’re ready and not an inch sooner and not when society dictates/ just because the chits around you are. To-do that implies your nothing but sheep in my books.

As for the I seem to know what am talking about-being sarcastic are we?

touche dear. i had the understanding you were ok, i apologies i clumsly called you sister, its an endearing term... all this frustration cynical.. by the sounds of it, its seems like you need a hubby.

chubacka   

this is one of those questions that ppl never tire of asking even though noone can ever give them a right answer.

There is no "right" time to do anything. Get on with your life and see how things happen for YOU.

(Hi sister CL smile.gificon_razz.gif )

Juxa   

hiihiihii

CL you remind me of someone. runtii, i do applaud your stance of the jano or jail called marriage.

however i propose that you keep an open mind. one day,just like your predecessors (ie us) you will concede it has to be done, tick the list, hopefully like in our cases it will be a great guy worthy of a gem like you.

hadaa ma garatay?

Juxa   

Queen, i think you are ready. go and be happy, get married and try your luck

ps: i bet you have a wedding dress, cake, flowers etc in mind already

nuune   

when you find a man, you can occassionally tolerate,,,,,,,,,,get married.

rag aa iska ba'ay wallee, talaw maxey Juxa ku sameeyeen!!

*throws her shoe at Chu:D

Ohh dear, I seem to have offended you. I assure you it never was my intention; I merely choose the moment to vent against my hatred for the term. Don’t take it personally.

As for the “you had an understanding I was an ok”- my dear I see no point in deciphering the personalities behind the screen names apart from wastage of time, which you will never get back.

didn’t know I was frustrated; thank you pointing it out and I appreciate its linkage to a hubby…with this new found knowledge I shall now go out and search for this hubby at once.

p.s I’m currently out SOL in search of a hubby and won’t be back until the 26th October 2009. If you have any questions or queries please re-direct them to Ibtisam. :D