Sign in to follow this  
Som@li

Great Pics at Al Madow, Sanaag

Som@li   

Geeldoora is rough road that goes thru Al Madow. It is one of most beautiful places in Somala and anybody lucky who travel thru Geldoora would enjoy the breathtaking scenary of Al madod. More Pic>> Geeldora @ Al Madow

DSC00008.JPG

DSC00009.JPG

DSC00010.JPG

DSC00015.JPG

DSC00016.JPG

DSC00018.JPG

Paragon   

OK, simply beautiful. I knew that much about Buuraha Cal Madow, but how much would a plot cost me? Erm, plus the building of a self-contained house?

PS: Suitable place to practice my limited and elimentary agricultural science knowledge, I guess. Nice growings there, Dabshid!

RedSea   

^ I agree,Simply beautiful.I think Sanaag has probably got the best natural atractions in the region(i.e Somaliland,Puntland, the North).

Intel   

i spent most of my early days in Dhahar

the valleys in the eastern part of sanaag are absolutely stunning..

RedSea   

Originally posted by Sophist:

Try the whole of Somalia!

My dad has acres of land (Laaso Surad) which is not far from those beautiful mountains.

well, we need some of our brothers from the South to post any pics that can match ceelmadow,if not,then we will give the title to Ceelmadow.

NASSIR   

^I know the effect of charcoal burning in that part of Erigavo and even some places in Sanaag.

Al-madow Mts is different than Surad and is even much greener. What we need to understand here is that these places in Al-madow are family-owned blocks. It is very hard to own lands there or settle without the approval of these families whom ancestrally inherited from father to son. Btw, these pictures are new.

Some people once made the argument on the previous pictures of Al-madow as though they were old and irrelevant due to environmental degradation of present Somalia. but hey, if you can't prove , i will believe those pictures as they are. Again, Surad is not Al-Madow.

Som@li   

It is very sad to read the devastation on Surad, which is a tourist destination. There must be compaing to stop the illigal charcoal trading.

One of tha main reason why Al madow remains the same, is the lack of access. Most of the places dont have proper roads.

Regarding the ownership of families, it is true but it is still big enough to share. :D

I myself own some hectares there for future projects.

Ps, the pics are quite recent.

NASSIR   

While never being to this place, I am connected to it spiritually. I wish to go there someday. Today, at a restaurant, I tried to share the splendid appearance of this place with diners there and from there I met the son of the old man in those pictures, the man whose ihram towel hangs on his shoulder. It had me raise my eyebrows but I believed him after he swore.

One of tha main reason why Al madow remains the same, is the lack of access. Most of the places dont have proper roads.

you right and it is to the voluntary work of the people who preserve their environment.

However, deforestation took place at the Sool plataeu since the trees down there are good for making charcoal. The effect was widespread and consequential, draughtwise. Since then, local rules had been implemented and enforced by the adminstration there. I read the clauses in LasQorey.

RedSea   

Originally posted by Caamir:

^
:D
You mean Sool?

Stunning ,thanks brother. I am glad my grandparents conquered this beautiful lands.

Sool? no I meant the South,the deep South,the Afgoyes,the Banadir region,Jubas..etc.

your grandparents Conquered? from whom?

AYOUB   

Caamir

Surad is the highest of these chains of mountains. I've read reports of deforestation in all parts of it.

BN   

Beautiful country. Pity we can't see the forest for the trees...! We're far too buggered with internal feudings to consider the larger issues at hand.

BN