Sign in to follow this  
Abtigiis

THE BENEVOLENT PROSTITUTE

Abtigiis   

Come again, fatboy. I don't get your question.

EDIT- Lily, was supposed to be. Now, I see there are two protagonists. Have to edit parts that would have accentuated her role. Curiously, to avoid your wrath.

-Lily-   

The prostitute seems aware of the nature of mankind and despite this she manages to exercise some compassion. She is also aware that she doesn’t need to do the job to survive but because she is used to it, and by that is not disillusioned to her real character?

On the contrary, the man, unless he is to turn into a superhero on your next page is weak, unable to control his base desires, cannot reconcile his beliefs with his behaviour and seeks comfort and affirmation from one he deems lost, bad and possibly beneath himself.

Abtigiis   

Correct summary! But he also features prominantly in the story. That makes him a protagonist. At the end of the day, the reader will know the two equally.

Axmed-Daahir is a disturbed soul. As much as it seems absurd, I have encountered many real Axmed-Daahir's in the corridors of hotels. There are times when I thought no Somali men is clean. Dad aadan maleeneyn ayaad ku arkaysaa waxyaalo cajiib ah! I really don't know how to explain such behaviour.

-Lily-   

^^But dont you think that makes them closer to animals than the noble creatures God intended them to be?

Abtigiis   

To qualify my assertion, I said there was a time I thought they are all dirty. Of course, with time, I also managed to learn that there are plenty of them who resisted carnal pleasures and lived with their faith and family responsibilities.

With the swaying team, your generalisation is an understatment. Xoolo xitaa way ka xun yihiin. What a human being would put his wife at home, and will run after others [prostitute or no prostitute] in search of the same thing he has at home?

In that regard, Somali women are by far better than the men.

Gediid   

Forget trying to pyschoanalyse the characters and just enjoy the storytelling.AT you rock bro.Good reading.

Som@li   

AT&T, all men are not that bad either, there are men who select their brides from the brothels.

Anyway, sheekadu waxa ay tusi in gabdhaha jidhkooda ka ganacsada ayna wada ahayn dad xun, laakin deeqsinimo sidaas ka dhigtay,raggu marku mudo ka ag yuuso/baryo, in ay alaabta sidaas ku bixiso, ka dibna jidkaas si fudud u raacdo.

This reminds me, for some reason, my nephew's schoolmate at university, who, upon a chance to see a prostitute that looked like "Soomaali" on a well-known street they gather, went to see her and ask a direction. "Are you working?" ku yiri. "Are you looking?" loogu jawaabay.

Intuu u noqday dhalinyaradii uu la socday ku yiri, "Walaahi waa Soomaali dhilo ah..." asagoo kor u hadlaayo.

"Walaashaa ayaa dhilo ah..." gadaashiis laga dhahaayo maqlay.