Sign in to follow this  
Ibtisam

Call someone in GAZA

Ibtisam   

Ngonge, I'm sure even Rudy can manage the Islamic greeting and "allah Macakuum" ;) and yes I believe peeople in SOL are international, now stop wasting my time with your negativity.

Haneefah   

^He gets a kick outa bugging you, so maha. Whatever happened to hooking you up with his lil bro horta? :D

About the calling thing, I do think the nay sayers in here have a point. Receiving a random call from total strangers, esp under those circumstances, can be rather unpleasant. It's a sweet thought though.

Insha Allah, our duas are with them.

Ibtisam   

^^The credit crunch happened dee, the pound hit the floor and dahaab went sky high icon_razz.gif:D

I don't mind Ngonge's Nacnac you know, I know he's got a good heart, pluz CL told me, she saw him hiding under the table and calling Palestine icon_razz.gif (Istaghfurallah, a lie Me tell redface.gif )

NGONGE   

^^ Not negativity, my dear. COMMON SENSE. smile.gif

Malika & nuune,

I would not do it even if the call was free. Whatever I say would sound FAKE and affected (even if I meant it). There is a time and place for these things, people. Now is not the time and there is not the place.

Still..story time :D

In my PC at home, I have an audio clip from a Palestinian comedy show lampooning the way they got used to their harsh conditions and how they tell anyone that would phone them that things are not bad. It is done in the form of a phone conversation of a son in London with his father in the West Bank.

Son: Hello. Hello. Father are you there?

Father: HELLOOOOOO! HELLOOOOO! IS THAT YOU MY SON?

Son: Yes father it is I. How are you and how is the family?

Father: WE ARE ALL DOING FINE SON.

Son: Why are you shouting, dad? And what is that big noise behind you? Are the Israelis bombing you again?

Father: Don’t panic, son. It’s only Israeli fireworks this time. It doesn’t do much harm.

Son: Fireworks? Do you mean bombs?

Father: Don’t worry, son. These bombs only smash windows and we didn’t have glass in our windows for years anyway.

Son: Is everyone all right?

Father: Yes. Everyone is ok.

Son: How is my brother Yasser?

Father: He’s doing fine, son. He went out to get us some bread when an Israeli rocket blow him up but we managed to gather his pieces and organise a great funeral for him.

Son: He’s dead? MY BROTHER IS DEAD?

Father: NEVER. Your brother never died. He’s a shaheed.

Son: What else are you not telling me, father? Who else died?

Father: Nobody died. All the family are here. Even your sister Sucaad is here with her kids.

Son: Why is she staying with you?

Father: Did I not tell you? She was divorced last month.

Son: No you didn’t tell me? Why did she get divorced? Did she have a fight with her husband?

Father: No. No. He still loves her like he did the first time he met her.

Son: Why did he divorce her then? Could he not afford to look after her and the kids?

Father: No son. Remember the recent Israeli incursions into the West Bank? Well, your brother-in-law swore that he would kill at least one Israeli soldier in the fighting. But his friends told him he’d probably make a mistake and kill a female soldier. That is when he swore that he would divorce his wife (all three times) if he ever made such a shameful mistake and kills a female IDF soldier. I guess you know the rest, son.

Son: Is this halaal, father?

Father: That’s a fiqh issue, son. We don’t know what is halal or haram anymore. All we know is that if you die fighting the Israelis you will be a shaheed. So now, every time we have any doubts about a religious issue we just go out and shoot an Israeli soldier.

Son: I am coming back to fight alongside you all, father. I feel like a coward being here while all of you suffer back there.

Father: If you come back to sit on my lap, who is going to feed us all, son? Did you not hear me? YOUR SISTER AND HER KIDS are staying with me.

Son: Ok. Ok father. My phone credit is running out. Kiss everyone for me and tell them I love the.

A sound of explosion! Silence. A sound of crying and wailing.

Son: Hello. Hello. Father are you there?

Sucaad: Hi Yasser. How are you brother? I really missed you and the kids missed you. Did father tell you I got divorced?

Son: Salaam Sucaad. I missed you too. But what was that sound of explosion just now and where is father?

Sucaad: father is a shaheed now. We’re about to burry him in a minute. Can you call back later? I want to ask you about a dress I saw in a magazine the other day.

Ibtisam   

* ^^^ERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRG****

deep breath 1, 2, 3,

Poker Why don't you call both, and while you are at it, please add Iraq and afgan as well, and also, it would be nice if after that you can send $100 to each person you speak. smile.gif It would be better for you and Inshallah Allah will reward you.

***There is a poll on the Metro website asking the following question

"Should Gordon Brown unambiguously condemn Israel for the asault on Gaza?"

The yes vote is currently only 21% whilst the no vote is 79%.

Please click here and vote yes and forward to your contacts

Some may ask what good this will achieve but we know what impact PR can have on general public opinion and the Metro will publish results in tomorrow's paper. A significant yes vote can help influence peoples opinions in the right direction i.e. in our case to the "yes" vote.

BOB   

I don't watch the news on the telly and I don't surf through sites looking for the latest news update simply because I know the pain and the disappointment they cause me yet that doesn't stop me from making dua for my Muslim brothers and sisters around the world even when I can do with dua or two for myself...

May Allah s.w guide us all through the righteous path and may he protect us all from yahoods and their allies Insha Allah.

Salam Aleikum W.W

Peace, Love & Unity.