Sign in to follow this  
Ibtisam

Call someone in GAZA

Ibtisam   

I don't think they will worry or discuss something as simple as as a strangers phone call with all that is going on, let alone stress about.

Re; donations, clothes and money, its all good, aand Yes there are charities that are willing to help. However, most of them are being banned. Or they ‘offer food and healthcare’ to the Palestinians, which they won’t receive because Israelis are stopping the aid from getting to them in the first place! Welcome to the merry go around. Islamic R is your best bet.

Haarun   

I have read and reread all the above refutations.I believe that this is a great idea and so far,apart from the Stones we have to throw here and there over at the Israeli embassies,i think its a great way of showing Solidarity.Also,perhaps this is the best means to actually help a needy family or persons rather than giving donations to organizations we know nothing about?

Ibtisam please do tell me how it works,i'll give it a try.First,where are the numbers to call?

Patria o Muerte

Blessed   

Originally posted by NGONGE:

Bah! Ayeeyo hates agreeing with me.
:(

No, no dear. smile.gif Only this time because you were being terribly mean to Ibts.

NGONGE   

^^ I am always mean to Ibts, ayeeyo. She's a tough nut (with all the emphasis on the word nut there) to crack. Don't worry about her though. I don't think she even notices when I am being mean. It's the goal that matters. Tunnel vision all the way. :D

Ibtisam   

Haarun the numbers are on the first post/ thread I posted

0097082 and i added 3 random numbers at the end..

[cheap dialing lol-09112190190 then type the number above]

Ibtisam   

My advise is that you only call IF you 1) You speak Arabic and 2) Or you know the person on the otherside or you have something solid to say. I know many Palestines online, who I've never met, but who like you, nuune, Adam and/ or other SOLers I know from Pro Palestine groups or facebook. I would only call them. My Arabic is not good enough to call a stranger and say why I'm calling without crying and depressing them fruther. redface.gif:(

On a giving day i would think this was a silly idea. But u did the Isreali spokesman say they make thousands of calls to Gaza to 'tell to leave the are' threaten them basically so i guess getting a call from their fellow Muslims will surely help.

P.S unless the phone line are Jews owned and this a way for them to make. the latest TXT is now saying that McDees and Crabucks will give all their money to Isreal untill saturday. Sometimes this texts are started by them to see how quickly we pass them around and of course the Phone companies are making a small fortune from all this texting eeh ( and they are Jews owned right )

NGONGE   

^^ You think many of the people here know people in Gaza? ;)

Have I not always told you to choose your battles, woman?

Now you'll get rudy phoning some terrified woman in Gaza and mumbling his support. Even if she understands English she still wont know what he's saying and think him an IDF operative. :D

nuune   

Time to bombard my old fashioned Arabic lingo,

Thanks Ibti,

Ngonge, pick the phone, and make dat call waryee