Sign in to follow this  
Legend of Zu

Halliburton moves to Dubai

^^^^LoooL who can refute a nice office in the upper level :cool:

But what does this mean for Dubai, Financially, strategically and politically - I think this move has a wider implications that just saying "oh they were after iraq or just the result of globalisation".

Halliburton didnt move to Doha or Jeddah or any other US ally capital it has rather moved to Dubai.

Cheers

N.O.R.F   

Dubai is the hub of many big players. The UN have even set up WFP, UNICEF and UNOPS here in the 'Humanitarian City'. There are many projects on going like Sports City with a Man Utd Academy, The major movers and shakers are either here or on their way. I hope some of our nomads will follow suit.

ZU?

Som@li   

Dubai is a attracting many leading companies in the world, and even sometimes it does NOT the touch that this was an arab country.

How Dubai became a headline grabber

Dubai, which is one of seven states that make up the federation of United Arab Emirates, has never had much oil, or gas. Its reserves account for just about 7% of its economy, a mere splash compared to the oceanic reserves of neighbouring emirate Abu Dhabi.

Baashi   

It's simple. No tax period! The Sheiks there are very generous to the white establishment in the west. They invest these companies and offer free leases (year, two year) in a world class office in Dubai. In biz world this is dream come true.

If you look the other end of the spectrum, the employees (reverse brain drain), the companies that operate from middle east especially KSA, UAE, Kuwait, Qatar, Bahrain, and lately Oman dish out offers no sane person can refuse. I don't know what to amke of them.

My friend from Leeds who has been working with me here in this project is going to Khalifa Port in Abu Dubai actually tomorrow. One week in Egland to go thru medical exams and off to Abu Dubai. His stay in Egland (he is from Leads) is all paid - in his home town...it's amazing!! He has lready booked a Jaguar or so he said! He will be staying in a hotel for two months with allowances. If you add the uplift and tax free status...that's a bundle I tell ya.

Flip the coin and it's xarash!!! Same talent but from different nationality don't get the same offer. Why? Dunno. They must have their reasons I gues but it doesn't make much sense to me.

Lacageey la la la lacageey,

Ragga kala labeysaay,

Liitaha gadhgaadhaay,

Laqan hoos u celisaay,

Dumar lahanshadoodaay,

Lurkeedii habeenadan,

Hurda ladiba waayee.

Awoowe wallee meesha waa la isuggu iman haday sidaa ku sii socota. Northerner and Dabshid are of course well informed for they are on the ground but all other peeps who are eying there the best shot is to get transferred there. The advantages r you still work for your company, get paid in dollars, and take direction from your organaziation. The westerners some Arabs there worship will serve as a buffer between you and them. Still they are the client so there is no getting away from that fact but atleast you will have "job security" peace of mind.

I went on tangent...oh well

lol@lacageey.

Garaad Baashi waa lagu salaamay.

.............................................._,,,,-------,,,__

........................................,,;:#ggg@@g;,..........‘`=-,

.................................,,;$#^`````*#@@@g;,.............’=-,

...............................,/$`................``#@@@#g,...............‘,

........................._,;f`......................,$@@@@#g,..............“,

....................,/*&gp..+,_..................%*#@@@@g;,............’,

................,./_`”>’.....`#$$#x;,............,%@@@@@#g;,..........`

..............,/ (............`....`”*=,``.......*&*%@@@@@g;,..........

...........,/...,^=*#q,_,/`.......`~..`-.......g$@@@@@@@#g,........|

........../,;p8jq;,_..........;.........................`%@@@@@@@#g;....|

........,/.f,,,,_..`*8r-,.....;......................,&@@@@@@@@@#./

......./.,$ `,...`.-...&..../........................`%@@@@@@@@$#/

.....,/,$--__........`..../............................#$@@@##@@@@/

...,/...`’t-,__,;>`..../.........................................;`=””=.`;@#*

.,/....`”~--~`’’....-`...................................,--”,~#-,.._*”`

(..........................................................,....`””......,;`

.`,_.....................................................&`*-,,_-”`

.......`-,_............................................../`.../

ElPunto   

Originally posted by Legend of Zu:

^^^^LoooL who can refute a nice office in the upper level :cool:

But what does this mean for Dubai, Financially, strategically and politically - I think this move has a wider implications that just saying "oh they were after iraq or just the result of globalisation".

Halliburton didnt move to Doha or Jeddah or any other US ally capital it has rather moved to Dubai.

Cheers

Sounds like you have some thoughts - why not share?

Cheney and his pupil's term will end in a couple of years - why not depart the litigious environment of the US for no regulation Dubai particularly now that the Democrats have taken over Congress and there is a good chance of a Democratic president in the next elections. Wise move - flee before the investigations, probes and lawsuits start to come in full force. Or so I think.

Jamster   

"Spend 5 years in Dubai and come back to england you will find you are three years behind" This is an advice furnished to me by a friend who has spent 6 years there. He now back in England working in London and finds that he couple years behind (this guy got 1st class degree and Masters in Distinction in Electornics and Software Engineering; he is not lazy git or dumb as a dolly). This made me think carefully about the my outstanding offer.

He tells me that if you can compete here man; you should stick around and only when you set up you company you should then consider going there. Most of the whites working in that part of the world are the mediocre human capital of their countries.

Do you guys (those in Dubai in technology or finance side) feel that this is the case?

PS: Baashi; it is Leeds not Leads; though the inhabitants my pronounce that way.

Dhubad.   

Originally posted by Libaax-Sankataabte:

lol@lacageey.

Garaad Baashi waa lagu salaamay.

.............................................._,,,,-------,,,__

........................................,,;:#ggg@@g;,..........‘`=-,

.................................,,;$#^`````*#@@@g;,.............’=-,

...............................,/$`................``#@@@#g,...............‘,

........................._,;f`......................,$@@@@#g,..............“,

....................,/*&gp..+,_..................%*#@@@@g;,............’,

................,./_`”>’.....`#$$#x;,............,%@@@@@#g;,..........`

..............,/ (............`....`”*=,``.......*&*%@@@@@g;,..........

...........,/...,^=*#q,_,/`.......`~..`-.......g$@@@@@@@#g,........|

........../,;p8jq;,_..........;.........................`%@@@@@@@#g;....|

........,/.f,,,,_..`*8r-,.....;......................,&@@@@@@@@@#./

......./.,$ `,...`.-...&..../........................`%@@@@@@@@$#/

.....,/,$--__........`..../............................#$@@@##@@@@/

...,/...`’t-,__,;>`..../.........................................;`=””=.`;@#*

.,/....`”~--~`’’....-`...................................,--”,~#-,.._*”`

(..........................................................,....`””......,;`

.`,_.....................................................&`*-,,_-”`

.......`-,_............................................../`.../

^Is this King John Hill of North Korea?