Sign in to follow this  
Legend of Zu

Halliburton moves to Dubai

Economist by training, Expert in the following Strategic Marketing, Pricing, Business Intelligence and Product Management redface.gif

Are these skills in demand up there?

Cheers

N.O.R.F   

Originally posted by Legend of Zu:

Economist by training, Expert in the following Strategic Marketing, Pricing, Business Intelligence and Product Management
redface.gif

Are these skills in demand up there?

Cheers

Huge demand in many businesses.

I got to say man, the place looks soulless and plastic

Depends what your looking for. You also dont get alot of BS you see and hear in the west.

N.O.R.F   

Well, it will depend heavily on the lifestyle you wish to live. Income will obviously play a part,,,,,

Personally i needed to leave UK to keep my sanity,,,

^^^Sxb..inaan shanta masaajidka ku tukado, khamiisna gashto, xalqooyinkana fadhiisto...casiir iyo mushakalna ka dhergo ma helaa? aniga intaas ayba iiga dhantahay..

Cheers

Jamster   

Lagend we share alot here man: Strategic Consulting, Business Intelligence and Client management-- Cap intro stuff.

You should consider my firm Alpha Partnership-- will go live 2008 April. It will be a global platform providing competetive advantage to its clients: Investment Banks; Hedge Funds and High Networh Individuals.

PS: this is not an offer of employement; a mere suggestion that if you have what it takes then perhaps we can have a quick telephone convo.

Blessed   

Originally posted by Rahima:

^Mashallah, soon enough we will all be able to enjoy it inshallah.

Will you be joining us too Rahima? Health Care City is looking more and more fab. everyday. It will be home to some of the big names in HC. I've sent my hesitant sister photos and job ads and got her drooling on patients :D

I don't know about banking in general but the movers and shakers of Islamic banking and financial institutions are doing amazing innovative things here. Anyone, who wants to move into the IFS will do well in the UAE.

Jamster   

Kimiya-- in a short term you will but in the long run it will leave you behind in the real competitive world. The structures of the Islamic finance are unsurprisingly unstructured.It is better to stay within the conventional finance world for a bit and when you know how to put exotic product together (or even understand how it works so you can be a sales/marketing chap) then it would be worthwhile to make the move.

Also, if you want to stay within the conventional finance; it would be better to stay in London or NY-- has anyone seen the interview of CEO Napier Scott on Bloomberg yesterday morning? Traders and Structurers within structured products in London are making considerably more in wages than they counterparts in wall street! this must heart! ooch!