Sign in to follow this  
Legend of Zu

Halliburton moves to Dubai

Rahima   

Kimiya,

Moving to the Arab lands is in the plans but not right now. I’ve only recently graduated and have a slight career alteration to make before I am able to enjoy the blessing of hearing the adhan.

As for Dubai, not sure that I’m converted, I’m leaning more towards Bahrain or Qatar. We shall see inshallah.

^^^So, is that what you have been busy with? thinking about Qatar and Bahrain :eek:

Here I was thinking inaan gacmaha horey isu sii qabsano when I'm going to to Dubia redface.gif

~~~~~Not Happy Jane!~~~~~ Not Happy at All :mad:

Cheers

Baashi   

Originally posted by Northerner:

Baashi, haye will you be next in line for a transfer?

Khalifa Port is basically civil engineering undertaking plus material handling and management. I'm not a civil engineer. So I wasn't involved on that one. and I'm not interested in Power related side of my trade.

Northerner make sure you read the paper. The date is April 15th. It can change! Abu Dubai will announce what company (many companies bided for this) gets the $4 billion project. If we get it then I stand a good chance to get the transfer (family status).

Will keep you posted North.

Emperor   

^^So Baashi what kind of Engineering did you do?

Seems halliburton wants to take another yet interesting turn, good developments.

IM in this league of people heading for Dubia, but my lack of info of the country and current on going projects puts me a weak position, these sorts of threads mean something, keep updating us Sxbyaal

Xudeedi   

Yes this is the article I read one weak ago.

Halliburton moves CEO to oil-rich Dubai

FT

Another interesting article with a wealthy of information I read some time ago on March from the Fortune Magazine.

The richest city in the world (No it's not Dubai) with a plan of $ 200 billion to be invested there for the next 10 years. The Emirate Palace Hotel alone cost $3 billion dollars.

Baashi   

Northerner, the job went to French-Canadian company. We lost the bid.

Just got back from two week vacation...had to dig this one up.

Rahima   

^^^So, is that what you have been busy with? thinking about Qatar and Bahrain

Here I was thinking inaan gacmaha horey isu sii qabsano when I'm going to to Dubia

~~~~~Not Happy Jane!~~~~~ Not Happy at All

Dubai is just too crowded, you can’t even sleep.

I can’t handle any city busier than Melbourne :( - and mind you I’ve always lived in an inner city area.

Anyhow the name is Jan :cool: .

Rahima   

Not Happy Rahima? :eek:

I cannot believe that you have associated my name with that- you better be nice to me Mr. Legend. I'm thinking of a career change, perhaps yours, and if someday i don't become your boss, i might be your competition :D .