Sign in to follow this  
Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar

Cowke

Lately with all murugo dalkeena ka socdo iyo ayaandarada, I started listening sometimes Beenbeensii.

One of the newsreaders now is Axmed Xasan Cowke. I remember as a young boy watching him on telafashinka Xamar.

I was always fascinated by his ways and his professionalism when it comes to warbaahinta. His weekly show, Socdaalka Adduunka, was about that week's quirks, odds and strange news that made the headlines, his broadcasting style even making it more weirder.

His newsreading really is something I had never seen in other Soomaalida, both on TV and radio.

Unlike most Soomaalida markee war aqrinayaan, he doesn't shigshig or miss a word or letter, always smooth. The closest that comes to him in this is Cagamadhige. I don't know why Beenbeensii didn't hire him yet.

Now, Beenbeensiiba daradiis aan u dhageysaa, his caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawa iyo caalamka never misses his trademark subtle, comedic style he hides in his newsreading.

One night mid warka aqrineysay uu hoosta u giliye, "Caaaaaaaaaaaaawa iyo caalamka waxaa inoo aqrinaayo Heblaayo Hebel, abaay..."

Wey kuday, obviously didn't expect 'abaay' from Cowke. Maba oga ninka xariifnimadiisa.

HAHAHAHA ,,

The dude is really amazing ,,,,, he started a new style even in the BBC when he first joined ,,,, he is even better in the SALAAMAHA program ,,,,,,,, amazing how he is reading the names, really very fast and sharp ,,,,, and all those jokes and funny stuff

i met him once in Hargeisa, was only few minutes but we were all laughing about his jokes

Pujah   

Ah Cowke, I remember him from televisionka didn't he used to host the caweska musiga or was he just news reader?

RedSea   

"wasiirka socdaalka Xaaji indhoole oo maanta soo DHAGADHAGEEYEY meelo badan oo kamid ah dalkeena hooyo".LOOL.

Waa lagu qabsaday baa layidhi hadalada sidaas ah.

Shakti   

Originally posted by Pujah:

Ah Cowke, I remember him from televisionka didn't he used to host the caweska musiga or was he just news reader?

both, He was also 2nd in commend 2 the president .. what can I say, the man was very well rounded man. Mashallah

looooooooooooool@ beenbeensii..

STOIC   

Its hard to find behaviours that are not in some way affected by exposure to the actions of others.I remember as a youngster sitting next to my dad listening to 9:00 pm BBC Somali.CAwke used to be the anchor.I used to like "Caawaa Iyo duunitha Muuslimka".I haven't listen to the BBC close to a decade now.

RedSea   

^ooh boy you have missed alot of important stuff(offcourse being sarcastic) neither do I have ,hence for the beenbeensii part of it.

"wasiirka socdaalka Xaaji indhoole oo maanta soo DHAGADHAGEEYEY meelo badan oo kamid ah dalkeena hooyo".LOOL.

:D:D:D

Cowke waxaas camal waa laga filan karaa. Raggeedi. Ninkaas really plays with his words, unlike wariyaasha kale oo aqriska ku adagba. Waaba ku raacsanahay, what is wrong with 'soo dhagadhageeye' instead of 'soo indhaindheeye?' 'Soo sansaneeye' would have even been better.

bbc_somali.jpg

Cowke, second from left.

In 2003, the man on the far left with bidaarta banaanka Bush House ayaan ku arkay, oo markaas banaanka usoo baxay. That day we were given a special tour inside Beenbeensi, xaruntooda yarayd, because of him. Magaciis waa ilooway, I even took some pictures with him, Aadan Dhuux iyo Cabdirisaaq Xaaji Siraad, the latter newsreaders of that day.

^^ Are you sure that is Cawke? :D

Amina is the best. Cawke iyo Amina oo isla jeexjeexaya kaftanka ayaa ugu qosol badan. :D

"wasiirka socdaalka Xaaji indhoole oo maanta soo DHAGADHAGEEYEY meelo badan oo kamid ah dalkeena hooyo".LOOL

LOLz soo Dhegodhegeeyey :D

Waxaan maqlay Siyad Barre ayaa bari uu waraysi ka qaadayey ku yidhi "Aabe Cawke waad Codwayntay halkee codkan ka keentay". Cawke replied "Aabe ninba meel u wayne ilaaqda inaga daa" :D

RedSea   

^ :D:D:D refering to Barre' unusuall large mouth offourse.Ala Cawke waa comedian socda.

I confirm that is him,he got the Afro going.But this must be from long time ago,he might be older now.

MMA, lol...he intentially said it,because the guy's name was "Indhoole" so he thought,if he said soo eegay, it would be bit "inapprioriate" for one named the blind man, so he used the other term soo dhageeyey.