Sign in to follow this  
Shakti

naya

Shakti   

why is the word "naya" so offensive. My prince charming at work, has been busy teaching some ppl at work, some SSL and he had to begin with naya

this afternoon as i was going 2 get some 7-11 slooorpeeee, one of my co-workers was calling me with that offensive word (the co-work didn’t know that It was a offensive word). Who does that? ..oyeee was i about to have a field day up mr charming’s ### ..however i let it go and did the respectable thing to do. I taught my co-work a better word “ habartaa”

p.s: there is a somali song that goes like .. naye-haa naya-haa nayaa..

does anyone know who is the singer

Older men tend to do it, complete strangers come into your house and tell you 'nayaa, shax, NOW!'

I'm usually like, 'Yes Uncle, bleach-flavoured tea coming right up!'

And then they never come back :(

Shakti   

^^lol, Xulxul, bleach-flavored.. is that any good, i sure wouldn’t mind doing the same thing...

now a days Its not only old men who call me by that offensive word but women 2!! my mothers women friends also refer me 2 that name.. My usual respond is "naya has name, naya :mad: " than, they leave with :eek: and never come back. :D

I just wish I didn’t have to get the ambulance ready 4 Mom every time I say such thing… :(

Originally posted by Nistisa:

LOL @ habarta.

How about when someone called you nayaa and you response 'Don't call me naya, i am not your naga.'
smile.gif

i could but i dont like 2 state the obvious or light a hope in his heart.

Question , is it ok 4 a husband to call his wife such a word???

Shakti   

i thought all the males were 2 scared 2 make any comment on this post...lol

MC xamar, made by China? and have u ever called a xalimo by that word?

Shakti   

^^ habartaaa .

dont mind me Red, im just trying 2 reach my 100 mark AGAIN.

Red thanks 4 asking how im doing, to be honest im sort of bored coz after Ramdan the darn company that I slave for day/night restricted all usage of MSN. But don’t worry about me, ill live

:(

Naya is a touchy subject but it all depends on what region of Somali you are from. Reer waqooyis find Naya acceptable, reer koofurs find it despicable.

Rose   

a friend spotted me outside once and called out 'naya'. i was so vexed lol thought what on earth did i do wrong to her......i really took offence to that..she on the other hand is from waqooyi and didnt think much of it. i actually thought i had done something aweful to her to get that treatment. oh well

RedSea   

Originally posted by Devilangle:

^^ habartaaa .

dont mind me Red, im just trying 2 reach my 100 mark AGAIN.

Red thanks 4 asking how im doing, to be honest im sort of bored coz after Ramdan the darn company that I slave for day/night restricted all usage of MSN. But don’t worry about me, ill live

:(

Sorry to hear that, congrats of becoming a'nomad' though...yeah cheer up Jenny. smile.gif

on the topic,I think the term 'naaya' is for ciyaala suuq,it's very disrespectful,but don't mind me,I was kidding as well.

ii sheeg: af soomali sidee lagu yidhaa,adaa mudan?