Sign in to follow this  
Che -Guevara

Pride in NZ's first Somali soldier

Pujah   

All you cab drivers, stop hating on the guy he is planning to serve his adopted country with honor. :cool:

I say let the brother spread out democracy NZ style.

I dont understand the hostility towards the young soldier. This is his choice and i am pretty sure he is following his heart. If his country had an ARMY, a government and or peace,he probably would have served it perfectly. But until then,NZ is his country and i think it is fair to serve.

Personally,i probably wouldnt join the army,not because of your backward reasoning but because am freagin yellow(coward),but qofkii geesi ah,needs to serve.

Malika   

^Its just the Somali thing dear,you got to put someone down to acknoledge them.Lol

Afro,is it the barret or the dimple that got you all excited.. redface.gif:D

Ashkiro   

@First of all, nothing wrong driving a taksi, ninkaaga Faarax la dhahoo ismooday balaayo already. Tan labaad it is an honour to drive a taksi than kill a fellow Muslim in their occupied country.

Manshallah! Well put.

LOOOOOOOOL@Biib biib, kaleexo laamiga waryaa army armygaaga ma aqaaniyaa!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fabregas   

Originally posted by Faarax-Brawn:

I dont understand the hostility towards the young soldier. ,not because of your backward reasoning but because am freagin yellow(coward),but qofkii geesi ah,needs to serve.

what do you mean by " backward reasoning"?

bal inta ilaahay wax badiyey ma taski iyo askarinimo ayaan is barbar dhigaynaa?

Taxi driving is the enemy of intellect...it sucks out the IP in you. it is a bad role model for Somali kids and for the community in general.

Waxay meesha la soo istaageen "what is wrong with taxi driving" WTF

Cheers

^ sxb just because some have white-collar jobs do not make us better than nin muruq-maal ah.

props to cab drivers sxb ... i personally would love to make my own schedule and work on my own terms .... they enjoy freedom sxb & independence that is virtually unknown in the white-collar world. no azz kissing , no brown-nosing, no office politics, doesn't need anyone's permission to take a few days off.

Ashkiro   

For many, taxi-driving is a means to an end, i happen to know several taxi drivers that also attend university part-time, are very intelligent and have goals for their future. Its not the occupation that makes the person, but the character, ambition and good they exhibit. I certainly wouldn't give respect for a individual based on his/her occupation, but who and what they are (ie personality/character). Further, knowning how racist Europe is to the darker immigrants, there are not that many opportunities available, sadly.

money   

a lot of immigrants join the US Army, Marines so that they could get their US citizenship faster. Somalis are part of the Marines and some never went to Afghanistan and Iraq but to places like Japan and Kosovo and guess what? last month two of my friends came back and got their US citizenship. Another went to Iraq as an accountant to make quarter million in 4 months. it is all about choices and some are riskier than others. Driving taxi in American streets itself is very dangerous. How many Somali taxi drives were killed? a lot!

The brother made a choice and it is his. His community is proud and supports him. Some of us in the forum oppose that choice for the right reasons and I think they are right..but one underlining fact is ..individual choice! .....so ..good luck....to faarax fanax and his kiwi askarinimo ...he will be probably knocked down by some aussie kangroos ....has Niyuu Silaan terrorist enemies?

Originally posted by Brofessor_Geeljire:

quote:Originally posted by Faarax-Brawn:

I dont understand the hostility towards the young soldier. ,not because of your backward reasoning but because am freagin yellow(coward),but qofkii geesi ah,needs to serve.

what do you mean by " backward reasoning"?
Before i answer your pathetic question,please qoute me in whole.

Edit: I have a few minutes, so let me answer you. "Backward reasoning" is the opposite of "forward reasoning",which is self explanatory.

But anyway, the over riding issue here is personal choice. You have to respect a person's choice. You(people) are attacking someone you have never ever met,someone who is not your family member and someone who has no blood relation to you. Just because he is a Somali? That is pathetic and dare i say,backward thinking. If you are vocal on "not serving",why dont you(all) go to your home country and serve? Perhaps say kill one or two invading habashis who have killed hundreds of Somalis? or Baghdad itself or Afghanistan itself to defend these invading army? Above all, some of you hypocrites are here defending Afghinastan while lucidly supporting the Habashis and the TFG, an entity that has invaded your beloved country. Hello?!

This kid is probably fulfilling a childhood ambition . His beloved country never gave him that chance and probably wont for the next 100 years. So,i think it is forward thinking to do the next best thing,pay back his adopted country. He is paying back making the ultimate sacrifice. He should be at least be prayed for and not scolded @

Many Somalis are paying back their adopted country by fleecing them and embezzling public funds. Cheating the systems and or actually stealing from them in broad day light. And guess who tops that list? Taxi drivers!, What a shocker eh?

Fabregas   

^^War ninyow I asked you Sual of curiosity, maxa keenay "pathetic"? And I don't think the rant above explains "forward" or " backward thinking".

First and foremost we have a female prime minister our army or shall I say the New Zealand army does not engage in combat if anything our troops are more involved in peace keeping, having said that you should all be aware Nz is anti-war country hint hint there is a reason why we have a female as a prime minister, although she sounds like a male. :D she is very much still a female.

Originally posted by Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar:

quote:"Most of my community do taxi driving and things like that," Mr Farah said.

The collarbone break did not slow Ajiil down, and now is considering the offer of a tour of duty in Afghanistan next year.

First of all, nothing wrong driving a taksi, ninkaaga Faarax la dhahoo ismooday balaayo already. Tan labaad it is an honour to drive a taksi than kill a fellow Muslim in their occupied country.
Funny! Driving a taxi is not honorable job but its just a job. Driving a taxi does become a problem when half the freaking nation drives a taxi. ;)

" it is an honour to drive a taxi than kill a fellow muslim"

Incase you forgot you hail from a nation where a man is slaughtered simply because he is from qabil X. Oh and you are most definetly from a nation where a muslim man with the same nationality as you is handed over to habash because is beard is a tad too long or is it his tribe nevertheless we should not be the ones to judge.