Sign in to follow this  
Che -Guevara

Pride in NZ's first Somali soldier

Ms DD   

Of course we criticise everyone who picks up a gun against anyone, including animals.

why do people jump to other subjects when they are trying to justify something.

Ibtisam   

^^Since when do animals pick up guns to fight each other??? :D:D I need to see that show!!! :D looool was it on Animals do the funnist things....

Iris   

Originally posted by Paragon:

Pick up a gun in Burco against who exactly? Picking up a gun isn't what is criticised here, its against WHO the gun is picked that is a matter of contention.

I thought the issue at hand was the act of picking up arms. You can't criticise him for joining an army (a peaceful one at that) when you find nothing wrong with the notion itself.

^ here is why he is being critized

"The biggest success for me is being able to show my community that they can do anything in this country that they want to to do, especially the young people coming up," he said.

^ the somali community looks down on hardworking people timo-jare/rayisle , tumaal , kabo tale .... and he thinks being a soldier is a great accomplishment. a somali-kiwi Doctor a professor maybe but a soldier ??? he was asking for it :D

on top of that lookin down on taxi dirvers ... that there is a recipe for criticsim and ridicule

^^^^ Sxb..The problem is not taxi driving when few choose. but it becomes a problem when even young kids aspire to become taxi drivers because of their fathers, uncles and relatives are all taxi drivers. Now you assume beng soldier in NZ or Australia is all about gun trotting...am sure you know that the Australasian soldiers are well rounded and get more than weapons training. so stop picturing koofiyo gaduudii Somalia.

I have seen alot of graduates who drive taxis...i say what a waste of brain power there.

Cheers

PS: i'm writting in abstract way hoping you can fill the dots....surely you can.

Cheers 2