Sign in to follow this  
Che -Guevara

You lot are so boring.

Urban, 2012 had really cool special effects but it was lacking in many other aspects.

I saw the 16 min Avatar preview in August and it was the most amazing film experience. Like ever. And it was just 16 minutes.

Can't wait to see it tomorrow, iA!

BTW Chocolate & Honey, all the reviews for Avatar have been very positive. It has surprised a lot of sceptics who predicted doom & gloom before even a trailer was out. But that's how Jim Cameron rolls. A lot of people doomed Titanic months before it came out, yet it went on to become the most successful film ever. Avatar does have a plot, and a pretty good one, mind you. You have to keep in mind it is by the same guy who brought us Terminator and Aliens. He knows how to tell a good story with great technology.

This promises to be a one of a kind movie from what I am reading. Just make sure to bring ur 3D glasses for the epic experience this gonna turn out to be. ;)

Norfsky, now is not the time to be different. ;)

Besides, if you don't like kick-*** sci-fi films then what do you like? Heartbreaking rom-coms? :D

I bet you hated Star Trek (2009) & District-9.

N.O.R.F   

^Haven't seen them. 2012 wasn't bad (great graphics).

Last movie I enjoyed was Inglorious Ba*tar*s. Great story telling.

2012 was nowhere near as good as Star Trek or D-9. You should watch some sci-fi films before writing them off.

Avatar will top those film, and not only because it introduces new 3-D technology.

It will appeal to people who don't like sci-fi, because it's essentially a love story.

-Lily-   

Cara the last Airbender is cool, even the cartoons were good icon_razz.gif

Tuujiye the fire nation are supposed to be the bad guys :D

I really wish someone would make The Tales of the Otori Trilogy into a movie, a brilliant example of cross-over fiction.

Hayam, I’ve seen Terminator Salvation, not Distrcit 9.

Oh! I love the Last Airbender! The Fire Nation are one of those bad guys that used to get a rise out of me when I was little. They could sure put me in a bad mood.

LOl@2+2,

I meant the plot is kind of ehemm... to predictable. I can already tell whats going to happen, who is going to get betrayed and how the young love between the chief's daughter and the army guy will survive,lol!

Cara.   

Come on guys, don't make fun of your elders. I've got nothing against cartoons, on the contrary I'm a big fan of the medium. I'm just saying The Last Airbender is too recent for nostalgia trips and not good enough for adult viewing. There's basically three kinds of kids' cartoons you can like as a grown up (mind you I'm not talking about cartoons aimed at adults, like Family Guy):

1. Cartoons from your childhood, no matter how cheesy. They are a comforting reminder of innocence. For me that's Tom and Jerry and Popeye the Sailor Man, Scoopy Doo is borderline icon_razz.gif

2. Cartoons that are actually pretty good. They can appeal to adults because of the artwork, the serious themes, or tongue-in-cheek references that the kids don't get. Samurai Jack, Ed, Edd & Eddy, maybe The Powerpuff Girls, The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy, etc.

3. Cartoons that define a way of life for you. Ask our resident Johnny Bravo for an example :D