Holac

Postpone Puntland elections?

galbeedi   

I think it will be postponed.  probably as late March, 2019.

At the moment Front runners are:

Cumar C/rashiid Sharmaarke  ( did not declare yet)

C/weli Gaas

Saciid Cabdulaahi Dani

MOhamed Saciid Xirsi Morgan

Cabdi Farah Juxa

Cali Xaaji Warsame

galbeedi   

Cabdi Weli didn't declare his intensions yet. 

If there is no heavy weight challenging him , he might make deals and win quickly. If Cumar C/rashiid enters the arena, Gaas night save his money and just finish his term.

gooni   

Gaas waxa la tartamaya waxaa ugu awood roon kornaylkii haysan jiray daraawiishta aragtidayda.

Shacabku waa ku daalay ninkaan subax walba lasoo kalahaya shinbir baa iga nixisay.

Samafal   

Election has to take place as a matter of formality, but reality be told non of the candidates matches the calibre of Dr Gaas, and he owes the people of Puntland to go on for their sake.

In my years of following Somalia affairs, I noticed we like change for the sake of change without any intellectual reasoning or thought. I also noticed we are nostalgic people. We miss leaders we were calling their heads for. We need to calm down and think with our head and not with our heart.

Puntland had civil war because of 6 month delay by former president A. Yusuf Yey. It is not going to happen. Dr. Gas should be wise and intelligent enough not fall this so called delay. Former president Abdirashid Ali Sharmarke said it best during the war with Ethiopia "we will fight with one hand and hold the elections with the other".

Duufaan   
On 10/27/2018 at 6:07 PM, Holac said:

Mukhtar knows something. UAE is doing some work behind the scenes

No Somali leader ever won re-election or two elections in a row. Even period between 1960 -1969. Gaas has a very difficult time. He made mistakes not to deal with  Biixi when  Puntland tribes gave him all the support he needed to get back Tukaraq. It is more likely a person from Garoowe or Boosaaso wins this time. Faroole could win again if he runs. Ina Abdirashiid has zero chance of winning. He can not run Puntland without money, just too difficult for him.