Sign in to follow this  
NGONGE

A bit of Gossip

winnie   

i heard that filsaan's niece who is visiting from houston fell in love hard with this hindi boy in that neighbourhood. she saw him one day holding hands with this hind girls, and now she sends him dead canaries via the mail... he's never been formally introduced to her yet. im worried about her.

Cara.   

Sheesh, can't people just keep their mouths shut!?

When Maymuun told me she suspects her mother-in-law Eedo Salxan is trying to help her conceive by microwaving her birth control pills I promised to keep my mouth shut. No way would I betray someone's confidence in pursuit of the cheap thrill of gossip.

winnie   

im proud of you. i could never show such self-restraint.

hey, since you know maymun, you must also know maryam, inan abdi samat. we went to the hair salon together, you know, to treat ourselvs after exams. i got a manicure/pedicure and she got her weave cut... i mean her hair cut.

Cara.   

Ha igu soo hadalqaadin maryam. That girl used to have beautiful hair, long and lustrous, you would think she was in a shampoo commercial. But waxaa ileeyey mid deriskeeda ah (you might remember her, Amal Dawaco, she had surgery as a child to remove 'something'). Well, one night Amal stole her comb and took a few hairs. The next day Maryam's hair just all fell off.

Of course I'm only telling you so you can have some sympathy for the poor girl.

winnie   

oh, and i do feel bad... but you know that whole family is messed up.

jeeez, i blame their mom. my mom raised me perfectly. you know one time as i was coming home late (dont ask why) and she had the nerve to chide me. i think she was mostly pissed because i caught her finishing up her cigarette. why am i supposed to care if she smokes a cigarette? what am i going to do, tell the whole world?