Sign in to follow this  
Johnny B

An Interview with God

Originally posted by Castro:

You like the statements taken out of context, eh?

shock :eek: horror :eek: , your not suggesting that there exist any other type of statements are you old man? ..

Johnny B   

Callypso bro , so free that the term freedom doesn´t make sense.

you bet i´ve a diffrent view, as the term LIFE is vague while Purpose is trivial ;)

not to mention my rift with the hint of polarizing the issue to equal camps of Atheists vs beleivers,a deliberate attemp to paint Atheism as another religion i fu ask me,

while the very issue of understanding|defining what to beleive or deny is beeing avoided.

Originally posted by Castro:

Atheist or not, I like Callypso.

Man !! shoudl i second that or stay enslaved of ny own superego?

i guess i go for the first not becouse he considers me a 'free thinker' fella,

but becouse of his choice of words with Haseena.

Originally posted by Ducaqabe:

I never understood why many Sheikhs discourage reading philosophy books before acquiring enough Islamic knowledge about the subject. I think I know now.

May Allah show us all the guidance.

Bro Ducaqabe, we´re more than happy to help you out!,

but was that a modus ponens or a simple reductio assumption?

What you´re saying is,

if you read philosophy before learning Islam

then you´ll have problem with Islam.

If that was modus ponens,

then the notion "islam is a weak religion" is your cut-rule.

becouse both the if and then statements are true and your argument is sound.

If that was a simple reductio assumption,

then the notion "you don´t know what you´re talking about" is your cut-rule.

becouse if philosyophy then no religion , No religion therefore philosophy is your logic

You decide :D

and , Amen to the "May Allah show us all the guidance".

Bakar bro , with all due respect you´re missing the point of the thread and the issue at hand.

We´re not discussing the validity of the article "The Problem of Evil" nor are we denying the existance or absence of God in this thread , we´re sharing our understanding fo God (alah)

So please contribute and share with us your OWN understanding of God.

Bakar, suggest any section and i´ll ask the admin to move it there, as i´ve no special purpose beeing served here, i just wanted not keep God away from his beleivers.

where do you suggest?

Baashi   

Darn you Mutakalim :D Ever since he approved Johnny's philiosophical renditions SOL has never been the same.

Now we have to put up with Johnny's excellent and coherent philosophical enquiries and his logical statements riddled with "ifs", "thens", and "elses". It's no accident that when enlightened Johnny boy comes into the forums, every Geeljirre and their so called lynch mob stays clear of him :D There is no match.

Man! my man Johnny here comes my high five :D

Haseena   

Bismillah

Salamu Calaykum Wa Raxmatullah

May Allah show us all the right path and guide us all through our lives/aamiin

To My brothers and sisters in Islam, who regard them selves as Muslims and attest the first pillar of Islam, do not praise men who have rejected faith, do not praise men who have rejected faith, indeed it is not fitting for a Muslim and a Muslimah to show affection and praise men who have preferred kufr.

May Allah forgive us all for our sins/aamiin

wa calaykum salam wa raxmatullah

Castro   

Originally posted by Haseena:

To My brothers and sisters in Islam, who regard them selves as Muslims and attest the first pillar of Islam, do not praise men who have rejected faith, do not praise men who have rejected faith, indeed it is not fitting for a Muslim and a Muslimah to show affection and praise men who have preferred kufr.

Shall we slay them instead? Just give me the word, I'll do it. I hate the way that JB dude swings his hips in that avatar.

Baashi   

^^ :D I love u too Liberean Girl :D Yaa naagees yaqaan icon_razz.gif Man I envy my boy Castro...how does he do it I dunno. Tailgaters are growing by the post...Bingo :D

Haseena,

Thank you for the advice sis. It's a good one. You said don't glorify nor praise nor excuse the balsphemous ones who shoot from their mouth as if...I understand that you didn't say nor even implied anything about slaying. Shukran again. Oh! I know how that come about, I guess :D

Caano, u didn't miss the sarcasm, did u?

Originally posted by Baashi:

Caano, u didn't miss the sarcasm, did u?

ooh damn it, not again!

Originally all the tree hugging hippies

blah di blah di blah

woozes