Sign in to follow this  
Ibtisam

Funny news!

Ibtisam   

Gentleman mugger jailed

A gentleman mugger has been jailed despite his elderly victim's pleas for him to be let off because he was so polite.

The pensioner told the court in Salzburg, Austria, that she had not come across such a well mannered criminal for a long time.

The man grabbed the old woman's bag and ran off but returned when he noticed she had fallen to the ground.

"When he saw me fall, he came back. Criminals just don't do that any more," she said.

"He was very neat and well mannered and asked me not to report him. He said he was really sorry, but was just desperate for money," she told the court.

The 27-year-old, who has not been named, then helped his victim search for her keys which had fallen out when he grabbed the bag.

Police arrested the well mannered mugger after being called out by a passer-by who had witnessed the incident.

He was jailed for two-and-a-half years despite the pensioner's testimony after it was revealed it was not his first offence.

Mummy's boy robber

An armed robber rang his mum on his mobile phone when he found himself cornered by police during a raid.

The man, 26, was trying to rob an electronics shop in Sao Paulo, Brazil, when police arrived, Agora newspaper reports.

He then threatened the hostages and said that he would not do anything until he had spoken to his mother.

The robber, who had four accomplices, called his mother and, after speaking to her, agreed to release the hostages.

A police spokesman said: "I never saw anything like this before, he was the classic case of a mama's boy until the end.

"He followed everything she advised and all went well."

OAP shoplifter lacks bite

A 70-year-old shoplifter tried to evade capture by biting an arresting officer before realising he'd left his dentures at home.

Pensioner Gustav Ernegger turned on the policeman when he grabbed him as he ran out of a clothes shop in Braunschweig, Germany, after stealing a shirt.

But instead of sinking his teeth into the officer's arm, he was only able to leave a wet mark from his gums.

Police spokesman Gunther Brauner said: "He tried to bite the officer several times, but had forgotten to put his false teeth in and so was unable to cause him any harm."

Drunk driver rang police

A drunk driver was arrested in Germany after he accidentally rang the police instead of a breakdown service when he had a flat tyre.

Before he realised who he was speaking to, the 31-year-old let it slip that he had no licence and was driving under the influence.

The civil servant, who lost his licence eight years ago, had a blow out in the western town of Monheim while driving a car borrowed from a friend.

He had a blood alcohol level that was seven times the legal limit, and when he tried to call the German equivalent of the AA he became confused and dialled the emergency number for the police.

The drunken man phoned and said: "My car is broken and I need you to come and fix it. You better be quick because I'm really pretty drunk and I don't have a licence so it wouldn't be good if the cops drove past."

A Monheim police spokesman said: "He wanted us to come quickly, so we did."

here