Sign in to follow this  
Bachelor

Maturity

Bachelor   

We all have heard people said "hebel is mature", But what is to be mature ? Is there a maturity level one have to reach at certain age ? Or is the maturity based on the numerous of experience/number of years one have lived ? How about education what kind of role does have in (Mature)?

From this three what makes a person in your view "Mature"? A) Education..B)Life Experience...C)Age...

Mmmm....tell me :confused:

raula   

In my perception, I would say all the above: age(one becomes certainly wiser as they grow older smile.gif ), Education(whether formally or informally-not the only description in the western world but both-I would define it as having the skills to survive in this world-whether you have a Doctoral degree or just a mere fisherman's skill to survive the rowdy seas), and lastly but not least Life experiences-definately! the more one gets a broader perspective of the whole, the more it broadens/differs one's views on the general outlook of life.

So for me, all the above, not one without the other ;) .

Khayr   

Salaamz,

With age comes maturity, meaning Wisdom.

Life experiences are the best teachers for people, provided that they reflect on them.

I can say that inshallah, that for me personally,

I see this in myself and in people I work with or dealing with my parents. The older I get inshallah, the more I come to realize the Wisdom that some of the people older than me have and the more limitations that I might have and need to accept them. It is a very bitter pill to swallow but qadra allah masha, it has to be done, if you seek to grow and Mature.

As I grow older today, I can comprehend things that were being sent to me yrs ago. But what I have also learned is that, the best lessons are learned through erroring and acknowleding your errors.

Hope that you can relate to what I said.

Fi Amanallah

I think Maturity is someone who has common sense, responsibility, level-headed and understanding.

You can be old and have education and still be the immaturest person to walk the earth, so age and education have nothing to do with it!

:cool:

Saabir   

Opiniated. U said it right, that's what I was about to write.

Secondly, I have seen many guys with a very high IQ and pass in the exams with straight 'A's but sound childish, So it's the environment that one lived in and the past life-experience that makes one mature. Plus there's a god gifted maturity, e.g. U can see a kid of 8 years old who is more mature that a 30 years old man!!.

Silent_Guy

Abdinuur   

Silent_Guy...I agree wit you man...

The environments you live, the people you're hanging out wit, and life's experiences, plus other factors can really shape who you will become and all of these can influence you whether in a good, 'mature' positive way, or totally the opposite direction towards 'immaturity'.

;)

Excellent responses. Hope I'm not repeating myself.

To me personally, maturity is all about not wasting ur time here on earth ...its really how u handle yourself at whatever life throws at you. If u party all night long and u sleep through the nextday...that pretty much says you've denounced life's responsibility. Though majurity may come with age, I think it boils down to how one takes care of his/her well being. And also a person who's realistic and does not gamble with his/her life. Does that make sense?

Blessed   

Originally posted by Opinionated:

I think Maturity is someone who has common sense, responsibility, level-headed and understanding.

You can be old and have education and still be the immaturest person to walk the earth, so age and education have nothing to do with it!

:cool:

Totally agree. would also add, that tehre are factors such learning difficulties, mental illness or slow development that effect your

level of maturity.

I know, 25 year olds with yhe mental age of seven year olds - this isn't meant as an insult to anyone, but it actually exists.

I also, your experiences determine your level of maturity, I know ppl who were brought up all cooped up in a little city and they come to places like london and are so clueless cos mummy ain't there to hold their hands.

Observer   

what is maturity?

Maturity is an ambiguous term, and is subject to many defintions.

My interpretation of society's definition:

-- Having respect and understanding for others oppinions, beliefs, feelings.

-- Standing up for what you believe in, while remaining true to the above.

-- Taking responsibilty for one's actions and working through the consequences.

-- Contributing to society in the best way you are capable, at all times.

-- Handling tasks and duties in a way that reflects your very best effort.

-- Coming to terms with things/people you do not agree with ... or at least trying.

-- Extracting a little wisdom from each hard lesson you've experienced.

-- Possessing the ability to make sound judgement (my friend is drunk; I should try to disuade him from driving home/not accept a ride with him).

That's just off the top of my head.

LuCkY   

ORIGINALLY POSTED BY OPINIONATED:

I AGREE WITH YOU!

THOUGH I MUST SAY SOMETIMES MATURITY IS AN ACQUIRED SKILL THAT ALLAH POSSESS IN SOME PEOPLE AT AN EARLY AGE AND SOME HAVE TO LEARN THROUGH TRIAL/ERROR, AGE, KNOWLEDGE GAINED, ENVIRONMENT, AND EDUCATION ETC.

***WHEN MY LIL SIS WAS 4YR-SHE WAS MORE MATURE(AND STILL IS) THAN MY BIG BRO WHO AT THE TIME

WAS 14YRS OLD.***

SO IN THIS CASE ^^^^^^ I DOUBT AGE, EDUCATION,ENVIRONMENT, AND KNOWLEDGE GAINED HAS ANYTHING TO DO WITH HIS MATURITY.

Being mature is based on a lot of things, but i'm not so sure it has something to do with age.

I do however agree that it has something to do with life experiences.........

Well, I think it's a combination of all threet hings. You must combine those elements that u mentioned in order to grow. As Aristoral said.....Wisdom can only be meassured by growth....so i do believe that it's all three and many other things. smile.gif

A7LA-SHU   

Bachelor good q. well i would say as long they ain't u they mature enough lol just messin..

and i think most of the nomads here said it all. so sallamat..