Sign in to follow this  
Nin-Yaaban

G.I Joe

Is't me or the quality of movies coming out lately have been trending down lower. This one was no diferent with it's mindless over the top action and simple storyline. Who comes out with these thing.

Yes it looked like crap and probably is which is why I wont bother wasting money on it.

I do however recommend you watch Mesrine- starring La Hane's very own Vincent Cassel. It was brillaint-more realistic and rather amusing in a gruesome and dark manner.

It was a good movie, if you like Eastern promises? Then it has the same kind of wry-dark humour init. I personally enjoyed myself famously and since I consider myself some what a connoisseur of brilliant movies this will suit you just fine.

Have you seen no country for old men? Also very good. The lack of a soundtrack I find really sets off the psychopathic mood.

Originally posted by Torres:

Not just lately but for many moons. Movies with big budget marketing are usually rubbish.

I agree with you on that. Most of the blockbuster movies I have seen this summer so far have all been a big disappointment. You'd think with the million it takes to make a movie, they would atleast put little effort into it.

Originally posted by The_Siren:

Yes it looked like crap and probably is which is why I wont bother wasting money on it.

I do however recommend you watch Mesrine- starring La Hane's very own Vincent Cassel. It was brillaint-more realistic and rather amusing in a gruesome and dark manner.

If I can find any theater around here showing it, I might see it.

N.O.R.F   

Siren, No Country for Old Men has a whole thread dedicated to it. Great movie.

Nin Yaaban, good movies tend to be those with little hype.

Recently saw 'Taken'. Not bad.

^- I enjoyed Taken greatly- evenly paced and allows one to enjoy a espionage thriller in the classical good-old fashioned sense, by that I mean without thinking too much about a multitude of subplots which do nothing but harass the essence of the first.

Nin-yaaban- do, it makes for a nice night out.

TRANSFORMERS 2, ANYONE? God, that was an awful, just offensively terrible movie. But the special FX were great, which is why these films make so much money. It's all about explosions and fulfilling the sex fantasies of 14-year-old boys.

You're right.

It was worse icon_razz.gif

Seriously, it was just beyond bad. WE'LLTALKSOFASTTHATN OONEWILLUNDERSTANDWH ATTHEHELLWE'RESAYING ANDMAYBENOONEWILLNOT ICEHOWSHITTYTHESCRIP TIS. What, that wasn't fast enough? LOOK, AN EXPLOSION! Did that take your mind off how superbly bad this film actually is? No? LOOK ANOTHER, BIGGER EXPLOSION! Still? LOOK AT THIS HOT CHICK! Now quick, lets make each shot last a nanosecond and roll the credits.

Salma   

You mean "Taken": The movie about the Armenian criminals playing in the French land, kidnapping the American innocnet girl to deliver it to the Arab hunters LOL. And the hero is as always the "Superpowerful American" who beats everyone and purify the world from the criminals, which means in this movie "the victim's Father"....

I liked "Hangover" ,,, very very funny and hated "Funny People", I can't believe they called this movie "Funny People", I didn't smell or feel any fun, whatsoever...

P.S. People rent DVDs and rest yourself,,, there are no good movies this season... I watched 88 minutes for Al Pacino and "In her Shoes" for Cameron Diaz... that was much better than attending movies in the cinema....

Salma   

^^ Compared to Al Pacion's great movies, probably u could b right: not that good... But compared to the current movies: comm on.... it was better than so many movies Che.