Sign in to follow this  
grasshopper

I don't drive...and that's OK with me

Kool_Kat   

OneSomalia, alla maxaa Dodge Caravankaas iska dhex arkay...Naga leexiyaan ku iri, give me call when you get the Toyoto Sequoia 8passenger truck...Inta ka horeyso isma sheegano, ani iyo dodgekaaga na kala dheeree... :D

As for the topic, gosh I can't see myself without my beloved car...I even have a name for it...It is a part of me...

Grasshopper, have you seen outside today? I would rather die than take public transportation in this weather...No way, no how...And in the summer, Hindidaan ogaa iyo bus...NO thanks, waxaan ka reestaybo waa shiirkooda... :mad:

I must say though when I was in my early 20s, I didn't mind being without a car...But now, it is part of my life...Can't live without it...Hadaan awoodo markaan postada soo furanaayo xataa baabuur aan wadan lahaa... :D

Originally posted by Kool_Kat:

Grasshopper,
have you seen outside today? I would rather die than take public transportation in this weather...No way, no how...And in the summer, Hindidaan ogaa iyo bus...NO thanks, waxaan ka reestaybo waa shiirkooda... :mad:

no, I haven't gone out today...had a delicious day off work - THANK YOU WEATHER! but yeah, it can get iffy when the weather's bad like this. but I'd rather on the subway reading for an hour than driving around in this kind of weather during rush hour :eek:

Originally posted by Kool_Kat:

[QB] OneSomalia,[/balla maxaa Dodge Caravankaas iska dhex arkay...Naga lexion ku iri, give me call when you get the Toyota Sequoia 8passenger truck...Inta ka horeyso isma sheehan, anti iyo dodgekaaga na Kala dheere... :D

looooooooooool@Kool KalD You being ungrateful to my van yeah no more ride for you when your car broke down.

Grasshopper

ONE, you have the same car as my family =) yeah with kids I guess it's necessary, I rarely see entire families on the subway lol

Looool Yes sister I have 4 kids and no thanks. I cant imagine me and the kids taking the subway that is not going to happen I hope.

Aaliyyah   

^^so true if you got small kids a car is a convenient way to go by.

I have my G1 and can only drive when someone else is w/ me lol.But, for the most I dont even need to drive since I take the subway to work and uni.

Anyhow, if you don't drive it is not the end of the world. But, it is good just to know how to drive in case you ever want to get your own car.

Pucca   

God bless you! I keep getting the same darn lecture from mom about how i need to start driving. But honest...what do i need a car for when there's *drum roll* TTC!!!?? lol i dont have my G1 either, aint about to pay for that if i know i wont be driving anytime soon.

i'll think about driving when i have kids, till then...long live public transport!

Baluug   

I drive, and I'm proud!! Growing up in my hometown in the middle of nowhere, it was absolutely necessary to have a licence(known in Alberta as a Class 5 licence), because the 2 nearest towns were 45 and 75 km's away, and that's where the jobs, shopping centres, and basically anything else to do were. So I got my licence at the age of 17 and since then I have taken public transit twice, and I hated it both times. You guys don't want to drive, that's fine, but don't be asking me for any rides anywhere when it's -40 degrees outside or there are blood-thirsty vampires outside, or whatever. :D

Baluug   

Originally posted by ONE SOMALIA:

grasshopper sister you dont need to drive if you dont have kids. Save your money but if you have kids than I think you do. As for me I cant live without my dodge carvan.

You too? LOL What did I say? The Caravan is the qaxooti-mobile!

Aaliyyah   

but don't be asking me for any rides anywhere when it's -40 degrees outside or there are blood-thirsty vampires outside, or whatever. [big Grin]

lol somalis love to ask for a ride. especially, in Ramadan when I attend the mosque for night prayers my mother and I spend a great deal of time dropping ladies off....it gets annoying bt for my mom's sake I have to keep straight face.

So yeh we Somalis believe in sharing like your car is my car and you gota give me a ride anytime I ask for ....WE ARE A BIG HAPPY FAMILY icon_razz.gif

^ Nobody really. Unless it's a Sunday. And it's raining. And cold. And windy. And you just want to get home as fast as possible.

I don't drive. But I need to. It's the second biggest obstacle facing me.

ElPunto   

^North Americans certainly do. The distances are longer and the weather colder in many parts. And public transportation isn't as good and the gas is cheaper.

Baluug   

^That's true, I think most cities in Canada don't have such intricate and developed public transit systems, especially subways. I think Toronto has a subway, but other than that I think the rest of the cities in Canada have above-ground light rail. We also have a lot more space, so our cities are more spread out and therefore have more space on the road and more opportunity to drive, at least in Calgary this is true.