Sign in to follow this  
MAXIMUS POWERS

The Marriage Requirement of the 'New' Somali Man?

Unfortunately for many of the people on this forum, they were married in the last century in a socially conservative society, almost like Victorian Britain. Fortunately for those of us who have not tired the knot, the world is different and changed!

So what does the 'new' Somali man require in a marriage? 'new' in this sense is defined as young, liberal and off middle class stock! Regrettably many do not fall into this defined and narrow group. I am therefore placed in a very good position to answer such a question! The Marriage Requirement of the 'New' Somali Man includes the following attributes:

1. Politically Liberal

2. Good income

3. Attractive

4. Highly Educated

5. Islamically liberated

NGONGE   

Heh. How does one become Islamically liberated, Marx? Wear a sexy leopard skin hijab? Undo the top three buttons of your khamees? Pray once a week instead of the very restricting five-a-day thing?

We had this conversation before, saaxib. Don't be a coward and just jump right in. Lists and excuses will only help you for so long but, eventually, you'll just have to give in and get married.

This goes for all you single guys (and girls) over the age of 21. Get on with it already.

Kool_Kat   

Originally posted by NGONGE:

Wear a sexy leopard skin hijab? Undo the top three buttons of your khamees?
Pray once a week instead of the very restricting five-a-day thing?

CatLaugh.jpg

Ibtisam   

^^^LOOOL HAHA

Marx errr you need a better list, kaas waaxab luuguma faalo. Sounds like [half a man] rather than a real man :D

underdog   

Marx,

a little clarification please...

Are these requirements expected OF the new Somali men?

or

the requirements the new Somali men expect of their prospective wives?

Even though the requirements themselves are clear, the party to present these requirements is not.

(just a question)

Malika   

^This,is self advertising.Wilku is saying he is all that and plus..Now ya all form a que please,no need to cause a riot in here. :Dicon_razz.gif

underdog   

Ibti,

I'm with Faheema on this...looks like he's asking for these requirements....why else would it be posted in the Women's section. Besides, I don't think a single guy can be an authority to tell women what they need in a man.

So what does the 'new' Somali man require in a marriage?

Ibtisam   

^^^Interesting okay then. Warya Marx, there are many who fit that list I see going into your univeristy everyday, miid kuu qaabo. Waa maaxey SOL taawaarisigu :D That is assuming Underdog and Faheema are correct

Ibtisam   

^^^ I'm married already, not to mention aniga iyo Islamically liberal, I'm bordering on fanatical :D I love my multicoloured hijabs and man footwear ;)