Sign in to follow this  
cynical lady

Generation Jihad

Here we go again; actually we never left the limelights; last week the government incorporated profiling as part of airport security. So this is probably well timing.. Well ladies and gents it seems like the ‘the Muslim community’ is again called to flush out the terrorists among its mist. So, i ask you; do you know a terrorist? Does he communicate his intentions with you on daily basis? As i sip my coffee i can help but feel violated again but then again we are a soft target and accustomed to such erosion of our civil rights.

To make it worse when asked did he include the voices of the so called jihadis? He responded by saying “well, it’s quite hard talking to the Muslim community, especially after their portrayal in the media hence it’s been very hard. (Pure comedy)...but he did manage to speak to TWO Muslim boys and TWO of our producers are Muslims.(and the documentary is now legitimised)

The programme is on today.... P.s the title of the “documentary” is wrong in so many levels and the constant usage of MUSLIMS when in-fact talking about TERRORIST is something am always annoyed with.

Well its Today, 21:00 on BBC Two

Peter Taylor investigates the terrorist threat from young Muslim extremists radicalised on the internet.

Following the attempt to bomb an airliner over Detroit on Christmas Day, this landmark series looks at the angry young men of Generation Jihad who have turned their backs on the country where they were born.

In the first episode, Peter hears from those convicted under Britain's newest anti-terror laws and investigates how some of the most notorious terrorists came to be radicalised. He finds a generation that has shed the moderate Islam their parents brought to this country, and instead have adopted a faith that they believe compels them to stand apart from Britain and its values.

CREDITS

Presenter

Peter Taylor

Producer

Leo Telling

Producer

Fatima Salaria

Executive Producer

Sam Bagnall

Whether it's this documentary, Muslim driving school or Ambreen: The Girl Boxer, the media confuses Pakistani issues with Muslim ones.

Also has anybody noticed, that on programmes like THE BIG QUESTIONS (on sunday mornings) they always bring an imam who can barely speak english or a sufi or Ahmadi dude to represent mainstream Muslims.

Ibtisam   

Next week he is going to pull up all the East London crew, HAHA should be interesting to see what follows for the local brothers.

I found it interesting, although I agree with Toaster, like the Muslim driving school it is JUST Pakistanis rather than about Muslims.

Toaster do you want to participate?? The thing is the only people who agree to speak to the media as mullahs with bad english and attention seekers, it is not suprise the Ajurm Choudray are always speaking for us.

We had a right hoo-haa weather to watch this or Hustle and am glad to report Hustle won over.

That was the last of the serious by the way.

i also agree Muslim Driving School should just be re-named Pakistani Driving School but then Muslim sells these days.

NGONGE   

Since that's the flavour of the year, we might as well take advantage and try to commission a Muslim reality TV show that follows Muslim heroes.

I could already picture Mo Farah talking about his sport and forcing an Islamic angle into what he does.

“When I was a child, I used to run fifty miles to my local madrasa”.

“I wear those long socks because it is an Islamic requirement to cover up my legs”.

“At the start of the race, as a Muslim, I always say Bismiallah”.

“I win silver medals on purpose. Gold is haram for men”.

Raage Omar

“I once prayed with Ahmdinejad”.

“As a Muslim, I refused to become one of those embedded reporters during the Iraq war”.

“I am an understanding Muslim and do lots of shows about other faiths”.

“Did you see when I went to the Wailing Wall?”

Even Ayaan Hirsi can get in on the act and say

“I come from a Muslim family and have worked very hard to get to where I am today. This proves, if anything, that someone from a Muslim background can get far in Western life”.

By the way, the BBC's Head Of Religion is a Muslim man.

Islamophobia and anti-Muslim hate crime in London

For the first time, academics are taking the issue of anti-Muslim attacks in the UK seriously. A recent report by Jonathan Githens-Mazer and Robert Lambert on Islamophobia and Anti-Muslim Hate Crime: a London Case Study shows how 'contexts of fear and prejudice against Muslims are providing a basis for violence'. It distinguishes three groups as responsible: small bands of nationalist extremists, gangs with no particular affinities, freelancers acting out of prejudices imbibed from the media's portrayal of Muslims as terrorists. And, for once in a report, the voices of the victims of such violence are centre-stage.

YOU CAN DOWNLOAD THE REPORT HERE - EUROPEAN MUSLIM RESEARCH CENTRE

N.O.R.F   

Originally posted by NGONGE:

Since that's the flavour of the year, we might as well take advantage and try to commission a Muslim reality TV show that follows Muslim heroes.

I could already picture Mo Farah talking about his sport and forcing an Islamic angle into what he does.

“When I was a child, I used to run fifty miles to my local madrasa”.

“I wear those long socks because it is an Islamic requirement to cover up my legs”.

“At the start of the race, as a Muslim, I always say Bismiallah”.

“I win silver medals on purpose. Gold is haram for men”.

Raage Omar

“I once prayed with Ahmdinejad”.

“As a Muslim, I refused to become one of those embedded reporters during the Iraq war”.

“I am an understanding Muslim and do lots of shows about other faiths”.

“Did you see when I went to the Wailing Wall?”

Even Ayaan Hirsi can get in on the act and say

“I come from a Muslim family and have worked very hard to get to where I am today. This proves, if anything, that someone from a Muslim background can get far in Western life”.

By the way, the BBC's Head Of Religion is a Muslim man.

:D:D