Sign in to follow this  
Janna

-Lexus' Thoughts On Canada-

Janna   

Originally posted by Smilez:

i remember back in the day when we had peace walks carrying banners that read "no guns

Sure you did!

rebel   

50 cent and his gangmemebers where not in canadada the last time i checked they were in new york...i have gone on numerous trips to many parts of america...and everytime i have noticed a sort of hostility and an awareness of subtle seggregations among the people. in canada pple are allowed to just be themselves....

your buddy is not a reflection of all the Somalis in cananda...sure some have gotten lost in a society where independence and self reliance is celebrated...but many others embraced this idea and are becoming educated and prosperous....

canada is in the top 5 best countries to live in...and at one point vacouver was the 2nd best city...according to a survey the UN did...

i've spent 15 years of my life in cananda so im speaking of experience

STOIC   

The fact is that Canada is nothing without the mighty USA.Canada would not exist without the USA.The united State have provided and paid for a large portion of Canadian nationaly security for years and years!.

Pucca   

^^we only need its military assistance nothin more in exchange for water along with other stuff, but america is not statisfied with that...it wants canada. you mark my words sometime in the future there wont be canada it'll be called "america" one big giant country.

2. remember that saying "monkey see, monkey do"? well thats exactly whats happening with the canadian government. our former prime minister (like hte little monkey he is) saw bush's ways in dealing with the country's taxes. so what did he do? he slipped some into his ever so big pockets leaving us tax payers to wonder and ask why the roads as well as other things were not being fixed.

election day came, he was voted out and a new one came into seat; and like all secrets our former prime minister's secret was exposed. we were shocked, i was shocked; i mean he didn't look like a sneaky monkey (or did he?..)

the problem: well now more secrets have also been exposed, for example it seems that the liberals paied certain ppl to insure their votes (ppl in high places who have influence on a large portion of ppl). does that sound familiar? *cough* american governement. And now there's soon goin to be an election (sometime june).

only difference between america and canada now is that the american ppl KNOW their government is corrupt while canadians are now waking up and seeing its government for what it really is .

:( and to think that canada was better than america...all this time they were cheating us!

N.O.R.F   

When i was in T.dot last summer, i boarded a train (metro i think they call it), after maybe 5 mins of my journey i see this guy beaating the hell out of his mrs and calling her all sorts of derogatory names. Then he turned to me and says "can you believe this b*tch threw my piece down the garbage shoot" while i was trying to figure out what exactly he meant by piece, garbage and shoot, he motions a gun with his hand, i was like OK. Then he carries on with "i was trawling through that sh!t all morning, lucky for her that i found it", again i was like OK :(

Apart from that, the place was gr8. :cool:

50 cent and his gang

Just for correction purposes, 50cent does not have a gang.

He is an accomplished rapper who sold platinum albums in a very short period of time.

He has a UNIT, named G-Unit.(Again not a GANG) who rap and dance on music videos, concerts and house parties. They look THUGISH and do thugly stuff, but they are not a GANG.

He grew up in a tough neighborhood, hustled and got shot many times.

But right now he ain’t no GANG member.

Can We get the facts right first, before I respond to you?

icon_razz.gif

Pucca   

^american violence is being glorified.

3) what (afronut) mentioned is this whole notion of "not being in a gang yet indirectly doing gang related activities or advocating them" is also finding its way into canada. Youth think getting shot at is fun or makes a man out of them, and who blames them for thinking like that this 50c individual (their idol) repeats in almost every song

"nigger i got shot (blah blah)...".

i'm telling you, america is to blame for everything that happens here

^Let me ask you, dear smilez.

What are the Roles of parents in this?

It’s a parent’s sole responsibility to control what the kid watches.

Basic parenting 101.

Originally posted by *Afronaut*
:

He is an accomplished rapper who sold platinum albums in a very short period of time.

He has a UNIT, named G-Unit.(Again not a GANG) who rap and dance on music videos, concerts and house parties. They look THUGISH and do thugly stuff, but they are not a GANG.

ROTFLMAO!

STOIC   

Smilez, The corruption issue in the American politics is not something that is out in the public.It is a hard nut to crack unless you are an insider in the white house!. America’s motto is E Pluribus Unum, out of many one.This shows that Americans have honored individualism before the Canadians got a grip on individualism-don't forget your country was formed under the umbrella of two nationalities, French and English culture-You guys did not denounced your European culture yet!.Canadians still dwell on the concept of collective responsibility(reminds of Nyerere-Tanzania).

Pucca   

afronut..parents can only do so much, how do you expect parents to censor what their child listens to? most (if not all) kids never really take their parents with them when they go to buy these CDs... america is still to blame.

don't forget your country was formed under the umbrella of two nationalities, French and English culture-You guys did not denounced your European culture yet!.Canadians still dwell on the concept of collective responsibility

we owe allegiance to the mother land...*sings the anthem* the french english cultures have nothin to do with canada fallin apart...if you paied just a tad bit of attention to your readings you'd see that canada is a multi-cultural country and thats the pride and joy of every canadian. thats all we have to be proud of :( everythin else is changing.

Janna   

Originally posted by *Afronaut*:

He grew up in a tough neighborhood, hustled and got shot many times.

But right now he ain’t no GANG member.

Can We get the facts right first, before I respond to you?

Like it matters!

50 cent is a gangster!!! Period!

Tuujiye   

lexus.. caqliga G unit hadaa leedahay waa in meeshaan lagaa raacdeeyaa!! lol..

anyways, Canada is one of the best place to live in this world. Life is goooooooooooooooooooooooooodh hiiiiiiya!!!

Wareer Badanaa!!

When i was in T.dot last summer, i boarded a train (metro i think they call it), after maybe 5 mins of my journey i see this guy beaating the hell out of his mrs and calling her all sorts of derogatory names.

Northerner a.k.a Mr.Northness, you were so eagered to contribute to canada bashing that you started to get delirious.

Talk about "I was riding the ttc and a dude was slapping his woman and carrying a piece around".

YOu sure you were in canada, because it sounds to me that u were in a THIRD WORLD COUNTRY.(NO LAW AND ORDER IN PUBLIC TRANSITS)

No one in their right mind would ride the TTC and have a nerve to waive a piece in TTC METRO OF ALL PLACES.

Yes pple, there are criminals everywhere even in canada, yes there are women beaters in canada too, just like your own backyard @ Northness, but please, if you want to come out as being a funny dude with sad tales such as what you came up with, you need to try to make it seem a lil more believable and a lil less of a bad play gone wrong in the dessert.(HOW DUMB DO YOU THINK ARE CANADIAN THUGS TO WAIVE THEIR PIECE INFRONT OF A STRANGER LIKE U?)

Then he turned to me and says "can you believe this b*tch threw my piece down the garbage shoot" while i was trying to figure out what exactly he

I'm sure that this so called crazy dude you came across in your lil mind would have pointed the piece in your face before he ever said another word to you.

PS:"But right now he ain’t no GANG member." Afronaut aka Gorilla unit groupie, you are a joke.