Sign in to follow this  
Janna

-Lexus' Thoughts On Canada-

Faheema.   

Originally posted by Enchantment:

And why would I do it twice
Cawo
- start from scratch i.e.

Maybe I thought being a young, educated Somali you might want to give something back to your people even if it means starting over again and sacrificing those little luxuries in life to do a greater good.

Just a thought. smile.gif

^ Its a bad one. Stop thinking.

I have a life to live. And I owe Somalia nothing. smile.gif

The only thing that would make me go back would be a great business venture that can help me milk plenty of cash.

..........all laid out in roses. ;)

The whole idea of going back to Somalia and Africa in general is as silly all you lots here.

Have you seen the statistics that are coming out of Africa day in day out?

For starters, the poverty rate is the highest.

Diseases like malaria, kwashiorkor, Marasmus, Whooping cough, TB, AIDS, Hepatitis A and B. Elephantiasis, Glaucoma and all this silly diseases are common.

There are no basic amenities like air conditioning.

There is no tapped water, let alone showers, as a result people generally stink.

The justice system is almost non existent. You could end up in jail for no reason.

In general, why would anyone go to a place with such alarming statistics?

Everyone is moving and running away from that hell on earth.

You should count yourself lucky for you have made it out!

dawoco   

Afro,

The whole idea of going back to Somalia and Africa in general is as silly all you lots here.

Have you seen the statistics that are coming out of Africa day in day out?

For starters, the poverty rate is the highest.

Diseases like malaria, kwashiorkor, Marasmus, Whooping cough, TB, AIDS, Hepatitis A and B. Elephantiasis, Glaucoma and all this silly diseases are common.

There are no basic amenities like air conditioning.

There is no tapped water, let alone showers, as a result people generally stink.

The justice system is almost non existent. You could end up in jail for no reason.

In general, why would anyone go to a place with such alarming statistics?

Everyone is moving and running away from that hell on earth.

You should count yourself lucky for you have made it out!

:eek:

U know, the wealthy, air-conditioned, disease-less utopia u r discribing dad aa dhistayee adigana meel dhiso. Just because a place is economically developed doesn't mean it was always that way, the people that live in that place worked hard to achieve the status they are currently enjoying. Qaxootis like you and I just came along on time to reap the benefits, for however long.

At the end of the day it is what you learn in life. I have learned that however comfortable life is in the west, it doesn't offer security. For me ideally i would like to work hard to make sure that my country achieves that same status as the west, instead of thinking that because Somalia is in a mess, i will continue on with my merry life. If all somalis abroad have that same attitude, nothing good will ever come from our experiences in the west.

And oh yeah, stinky is as stinky does. Shows human nature, instead of being thankful for Allah's grace that we are out of the hardship, we look down at those still in the midst of that hardship.

Dawaco

Xaal. Dear.

I just provided statistics that are not so secret to everyone. :D

Me and you and the rest know it quite well. The place sucks, horribly if I may add.

I choose not to go back.

Why must I sacrifice my comfort for the wrongs of some greedy, gluttonous and ruthless barbaric leader?

If my very own country men could not offer me the kind of comfort am enjoying here in the west,

I tell you this; am more than happy to be a part of the society that has welcomed and accorded me all the things I have not had as a child.

And god willing I will be a responsible parent and raise my kids to be better than what I am today.

I respect your opinion, nonetheless.

dadkan dalkoodi diidaya ee dunya eysan laheen ku faanaya iyagaa cirka roob ku og!

Nuune, Dal diidow that you are talking about is realistically in escapable.

I love my country, i love my continent, i admire my people.proud as hell one of an African i am.

I see Africa on TV i jump. I have a map of the country and the Continent in my living room, and i do plan on going for VACATIONS and TOURISM back to africa. so no dal diidow up in here. AWRIGHT? ;)

nuune   

afron, oraahdeydu adiga si khaas ahaan kuguma aysan socon, guud ahaan ayey aheyd sida aan hadalka u dhigey.

but afron, don't wait the men back in Somalia to provide the same comfort u had in the west, why not do it YOURESELF(you r not different from those in Somalia), that is what most people are doing.

afron, oraahdeydu adiga si khaas ahaan kuguma aysan socon, guud ahaan ayey aheyd sida aan hadalka u dhigey.ayaana kuu taagey.

In English that would be?(OR moderate somali) icon_razz.gif

(you r not different from those in Somalia),

Actually!, i am different in some way. ;)

Afro, you're hilarious! :D:D

The irony of this discussion is, these people sitting here and typing those pretty little sentences, themselves will never go back. They just like the comforting thought. :D

nuune   

we are talking about going back, some people don't even think of visiting where they were born(Somalia) or giving it a short holiday to c how things are!

before you actually go back, see what is out there, make about two trips a year or even once, that would give you more ideas if you are thinking of going back, it is working for me though, I made few trips to many places in Somalia including Hargeisa and Xamar, my next trip would be Boosaaso and central Somalia, you need to explore around and c then decide if you wana go back.

Where you are now is not your home(unless u r programmed to it), so take your dacas and bikoorad or your khamaar and think of going back to your Country whether it is now or in the near future it doesn't matter.