Sign in to follow this  
Element 6

ARE YOU A BLOGGER?

I think Pace Magazine is nothing but total obsenity and vulger to our culture. I've seen indecent girls on the first issue's cover page with a punch of American-wanna-be Somali kids! Such things doesn't deserve to be called anywhat cool!

:D

Curly   

Wow, harsh and vulgar words in yet another ignorant thoughtless post from you! (This seems to be a regular thing for you!)

Personally I thought the pace magazine was brilliant…whether we like it or not these youths will dress and act the way they want, but at least these youths are actually doing something constructive and worthwhile with their time.

Would you rather they loitered the streets and did nothing to educate themselves? And in any case if you dislike the way they present themselves then why do you have to be so prudish and rude about it?

Why are you so quick to damn them? Who made you the almighty king, judge and executioner?

Curly   

God you got me so annoyed I forgot why I was posting in the first place!

*Ahem* Right…as I was about to say! Element 6 I really liked that idealog (?) I think that’s what it was called. I meant to ask whether you drew those pictures of the guy playing a guitar, if so you’re very talented.

I thought it was all rather artistic, especially the picture of the culture clash. Oh and I wouldn’t pay any mind to the bitter ramblings of certain uptight nomads who are particularly deluded!

OG_Girl   

LoooL@Sue.

Element 6, I loved that page, may I ask you why you want it down? Is really nice specially culture clash one.

Elle, please next time be nice with your criticism. I am sure your intentions are good. But you need "101 how to talk to the people course" :D

Salam

Element 6, great page man. I see you've also seen those pictures of the hardcore Nigerian gangs in Lagos with their baboon and hyenas as pets. Seriously they are mostly from the Yoruba tribe, and they're crazy with their black magic. Also those hyenas are bigger than the ones I saw in northeast Somalia, they must have been fed well from their birth.

I think I will post a thread about the Nigerian gangs.

NGONGE   

Originally posted by Guardian n Protector:

quote:Originally posted by NGONGE:

Erm, this site is my "blog"

. So true. Think it would be brilliant idea for you to transfer your stuff there. No chance of being deleted or forgotten. Bloggin is for YOU NGONGE.
Done. :D

Ngonge...Natural blogger eh? ;)

Element 6....Nice page!

By Alle-ubaahne:

think Pace Magazine is nothing but total obsenity and vulger to our culture. I've seen filthy girls on the first issue's cover page with a punch of American-wanna-be Somali kids! Such Qurun doesn't deserve to be called anywhat cool!

Oh please! You need to leave ppl alone adigu. Get off your high donkey and get a life.

Originally posted by Alle-ubaahne:

I think Pace Magazine is nothing but total obsenity and vulger to our culture. I've seen filthy girls on the first issue's cover page with a punch of American-wanna-be Somali kids! Such Qurun doesn't deserve to be called anywhat cool!

Alle-ubaahne – in your terms if vulgar is teaching youths the implications of sex before marriage, alcoholism, drugs and personal discourse – than you tell me what our culture is. Our culture sweeps everything under it’s over consuming carpet – our culture is what? What is filth – like or not our youths are drinking, doing drugs and selling drugs – having sex – they are McAmericanized.

I think what the publication tries to address is – getting Somali youths to recognize their condition and offer solutions to deal with those conditions. Our biggest problem as Somalis is denial – our pride produces prejudice – as a Somali professor of English literature once told me – ‘our biggest problem is the denial of our condition’. Its seems to me that your in denial – your childhood in the 80’s might have been riding camels – but welcome today’s pastiche culture of BET and glamourization of the ‘ghetto’

The people who read this particular publication are familiar with this culture – therefore, the publication that is of topic here uses the mechanisms of the modern culture it seeks to balance. The belt does not work here pal, the pen does – To recall the first issue – it was about spoken word and it featured a young Somali poet - I’d ask you one thing – produce a structured critique – your critique was rather ill-informed and poorly executed.

I’d ask people to get back to the initial subject about blogs – and refrain from this topic. Alle-ubaahne you can pm me if you would like to discuss this further.

Element, it looks good. Didn't have the time to go through it all though.

Ngonge, you are the Blog Master. I can't believe you haven't had a blog until now. :D

I once met a lecturer at the University of Hawaii who teaches students how to write. Needless to say I was interested to hear what he had to say. He told me about his blog site and days later when I tapped the URL into the address bar, I was very surprised to find..

Just as I had made my decision, I almost ran into a young black lady who was covered up almost from head to toe in the Muslim style. I could see her face and she seemed to be looking down. Our eyes met for a second and out of my mouth popped, “Where are you from?†Her name was Sheherazade, I was to find out later, and she said, “From East Africa – Somalia.â€

and...

We continued to walk and came to the group of four cafes and decided to have a seat. I had a Sprite and Sheherazade had a Coke. We spent the next several hours discussing many things. During this time we got quite a few stares and some who actually seemed to be studying us.

and..

I told her, “Each of us has our story, and it is real to us – and why it should bother anyone else is beyond me.†She agreed.

and..

We also discussed writing at length. Sheherazade likes to write and one of her projects is keeping her friends informed of her experiences. I would like to read her entries. They must be very interesting. I told her about this blog and she said that she might consider doing one.

And so I did. The problem with blogs is that you never know when u'll appear on another's blog. smile.gif

Ngonge - your blog is impressive bro. The most serious blog i've ever come across. the details are extraordinary and rather inspiring. The style is unique – no paragraphs – do you free write?

Element 6,

Its funny indeed how you relate your simpleton professor's remarks by saying "our biggest problem is the denial of our condition"! If that is what you believe then you are far beyond the foolish professor who squared the Somalia problem with one simple word, 'denial'. By the way, there is no denial here, I saw the fact that Pace Magazine and its previous contents were lewd and total gross obscenity.

Your writings imply how uncultured you are especialy when you asked for the definition of obscenity from the standpoint of our culture. A girl showcasing her body with tight clothing, appearing on a publicly distributed magazine is not only unIslamic but very unsomalian, whereby the same applies to men who disregard the proper manners of our culture which directly pertain to our religion. Do you wish your daughter (if any) that way? Are you openly advocating the sell-out of our culture?

I don't understand how you want to address a problem by standing with the very problem in terms of promoting an allien culture through pretentious obscene clothing and so forth. I think the spoilers of our culture are those who always think off themselves as highly civilized by taking the footsteps of Gaalo and western sociaties. The so-called Reer Magaal, suffer from many weaknesses, including that of esteem and confidence.

They believe eating baasto is the way for civilizations. Acting exactly on the western likes is their deeply felt reermagaalnimo. You never find them relate or take an example within the intellectuals of their sociaty. They have total dissatisfactions of their culture, origin, nationality and values. They are nothing but major boothlickers. They enjoy for being fake members of another sociaty. Those people do have alot of attributions that I can count here, but am afraid some people (mainly the defenders of the west) will start complaining as a result of uncovering their weaknesses.

I believe one can pretend any culture, but being authentic is the question. Once you lack an authenticity from a culture, then your loyalty to that culture is meaningless. Meaning should have an authenticity before its transformed, therefore an unauthentic loyalty (meaningless reermagaalnimo) is the reflection of a pure ignorance and the outcome of a hard-tried immitation of western culture.

Anyway, am here to condemn any deviant and sycophant western pretenders. Do you have a problem with that, speaking about the atrophied confidence of reermagaal? :D Come on, you can't hide that, or else you are the denialist here. Please, don't justify the apparent cultural breach of Pace Magazine, because they did that in favor of another Dhaqan, the Dhaqan Gaalo!