Sign in to follow this  
GAAROODI

2 week holiday in march....were would you go?

I was not hanging out with any Somali let alone hargeysaawi ,,,,,, staying far away from where Somalis go ....

But what is a holiday for if you can't use your phone in the market, if you are scared for your life, if you have to watch your pockets/wallet 24/7 ,,, if you can't go out freely ,,, if you don't trust anyone including taxi drivers unless he is known by someone you know ,,,, come on

N.O.R.F   

Originally posted by Warrior of Light:

Ah, to settle JB Vs. Hodman.... why not go to Zanzibar? You get the old and new, adventure and slow paced life. And alot of good food and beautiful beaches. Ah, miss home
:(

Hi WOL. Where would you recommend? Which town/city/hotel? Family friendly.

hodman   

good point WOL, I take the peace offering for the night since Zanzibar is wonderful smile.gif but not without saying to JB fulay waaxid icon_razz.gif

hodman   

Ha igu sii kaakicinin dee waata inantu ina dhex gashaye :D

original poster we mean well so enjoy ur vacation and watch your phone and belongings smile.gif

Baluug   

So many places to see, so little time and money....

Vancouver

Toronto

London

Singapore

Australia

Zanzibar sounds nice too, I agree

Egypt

UAE

Mecca of course for hajj

Sophist   

JB that is unfair. Nairobi is not that dangerous; I just got back from there 5 days ago. It use ot be Nairoberry but no more!. The city not the safest place but it is not that unsafe. All depends where you stay. Yes you have to be careful but taking Taxis was not an issue. I found Kenyan's very nice though tad bit money loving almost like the Egyptians.

Sophist

JB and Hodman, Im glad to hear the peace offering is working it's magic, ;)

CL

Mpendwa, I couldnt help myself they were fighting about Mombasa and Nairobi... of course ZNZ would be the perfect destination :D

Originally posted by Norfsky:

quote:Originally posted by Warrior of Light:

Ah, to settle JB Vs. Hodman.... why not go to Zanzibar? You get the old and new, adventure and slow paced life. And alot of good food and beautiful beaches. Ah, miss home
:(

Hi WOL. Where would you recommend? Which town/city/hotel? Family friendly.
Norfsky:

I always stay at family homes when Im there.

If you want to enjoy the slow zanzibari life and enjoy the heritage you have to stay in Stone town for a few days.. Visit the few museums,Palaces, mosques, Forodhani(Sea front also open aired food courts at night), if you go in July you can attend the Zanzibar film festival.You can also take a day boat trip to visit Prison Island(Chuguu) and also get to see or ride on the giant ZNZ tortoises.Or visit the other smaller Islands.

To enjoy the beaches you can go to either of these areas- Nungwi(North Coast), Paje or Bwejuu(East coast), Mangapwani(West coast). On the way to Paje and Bwejuu you can visit Jozani Forest and see the endangered Red colobus Monkey. Kids love it!!

What I usually do is I split my hol into 2. Few days spent in stone town and more days spent at the beach houses in Bwejuu.

Now when it comes to Hotels: Stone town has alot of them from Serena, Tembo hotel to family owned ones. I would have to read the lonely planet guide to give you advice on that. Or get inside info from my people in Tz.

For Nungwi the best hotel is Ras Nungwi very modern, youve got the best pristine beach great for deep sea diving too. Bwejuu there are a couple of houses you could rent out and enjoy the beach. You will be responsible for your own meals or have a maid help you out can be arranged with the home owners or you can decide just to eat out!! Apart from that there are some great small family friendly locally owned hotels and restaurants with great food throughout the stretch from Bwejuu-Paje-Jambiani.

The thing with zanzibar right now is there are so many new establishments being built and there is great competition. So you have alot of alternatives to choose from.

.. Sorry for hijacking the original thread and for the salesman pitch :D

Originally posted by Sophist:

I found Kenyan's very nice though tad bit money loving almost like the Egyptians.

Sophist

LOL!!... the jewel of East Africa comes with a price!!Personally, I would agree Nai is getting better.

hodman   

WOL ur descriptions of Zanzibar fill me with longing and here I sit staring out a window at SNOW!

BTW ur peacemaking efforts are very skillful smile.gif