Sign in to follow this  
Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar

What Does this Subtle Message Send?

Salaan...

gottenborg1.jpg

What does this picture say? Do you see anything unusual?

If you are thinking like me, you might likewise get offended, just as I am.

Of course, I am talking about the flags. One is placed on the ground, albeit having the sticker that holds and the other one was upheld, beautifully. If it had been reversed, I would have no problem.

That Soomaali flag should have been held way UPPPPPPPPP, not positioned on the ground. What made worse is the other foreign one was held up, respectfully, while they are playing in a Soomaali soccer tournament--not a Swede one--even if they travelled from Sweden.

They might have some reasons, including the flag has a holder, etc; I don't know. I only want to know why those who were sitting in front didn't bother to held it up. Ah, I wish I was one of them. That beautiful Soomaali flag would have been held high above on my head, believe me. That is how much I revere. Then again, people aren't the same.

I have to at least thank them since it is not lying, but positioned. At least, they did something about it.

8_1.jpg

This is how it should have been.

Jaabir   

this wont amaze me Macruuf.. Somalis are known to abandon their country and culture at the drop of a hat...

sad case indeed...

salam calayakum MMA

Long time no hear, hope all is well with you geezer smile.gif

lol i think you might be readin abit too mcuh into the pic. The size of the swedish flag for startes is much bigger hence perhaps the need to hold it up, and like you said at least they had a flag and displayed it.

And even if they were proudly displaying the colours of the adopted country, then at least that show's that they appreciate the safe heaven that they have been enjoying, just imagine what the local's would say if they saw that smile.gif they would feel good no?

Sincere   

Do they really have blond high lights? i thought the flash in the camera caused that distortion.

I guess somebody is sponsering them, and probably requested they take the pic for PR puposes. Regardless they should have held both flags of the same size up

Originally posted by rudy:

its all in the head brotha! some niggas with a blond hi lites! i say gimme a break!! iga da wa la so mudhay kuwan!! :confused:

I saw the blonde too. It is probably a fashion statement there.

Hey everyone...haven't been here for awhile..but good to be back.

N-E Wayz I just noticed the hair color...seems to me it's light green. But as I read what u are talking about...now I get it.

Haneefah   

hahaha...lemme get a good laugh at those dudes...what, now somalis dye their hair blonde...bisinka :D

macruuf,

walaal, it sends no new message what-so-ever, simply shows what we've known all along....that most somalis are 'dameeri dhaan raacday'...kolba meeshay tagaan umbeey la qabsadaan...as you said, at least these have a somali flag!

On the contrary...to many ppl this flag was 'once' symbolic of patriotism, brothehood, a country whose people stood united...and now, with that vision shattered, this flag unfortunately holds no significance...unless of course you live in a so surreal world where reality hasn't cought up with you yet.

We all wanna cling on to the past and think about the good old days and maybe even dream about reclaiming our beloved country...but that's all it is, a dream!, at least for now. So, war iyo dhamaantii, Somalia wey udhamaatay! This is just how I feel at the moment about Somalia, so no offence eh. And Also, I'm not referring to the team in particular, but this is just generally speaking.

dawoco   

Kuwaas dhiig dhan ba ma lahan, wax eeysan eheen eey ku faanaayaan redface.gif ,,,lets hope Sweden keeps them forever.

alloow yaa aniga oo karbaash sito magaaladooda i geeya :mad:

nuune   

wax yaalaha qaarkood inteey yaab ka tagana bey amakaag iyo tacajjub dhabana heysi dhaafan xataa bal ibtiladan eega bal ala aduunyo intaad joogto maxad wax arki