Dabrow

Protest against Jubbaland and Madoobe in Garbaharey

Dabrow   

Wararka naga soo gaaraya Magaalo Madaxda Gobolka Gedo ee Garbahaaray ayaa waxay sheegayaan saaka halkaas uu ka dhacay Bananbax looga soo horjeedo maamulka jubbland ee uu Hogaamiya Axmed Madoobe.

Dadka Bananbaxa samaynayey ayaa waxay ahaayeen kuwa aad u tiro badan kuwaas oo socod kusoo dhex maray magaalada Garbahaaray waxay socodkooda ku tageen goob ay ku sugnaayeen wafti wasiiro jubbaland ah oo shalay magaalada soo gaaray.

Wasiir qorshaynta Jubbaland Ibraahim Awhirsi oo isku dayey inuu la hadlo bananbaxayaasha ayaa waxaa la sheegayaa in la daqray.

Maamulka fadhiidka ah ee jubbaland ayaa waxuu dhibato iyo fowdo ku hayaa shacabka jubbaland gaar ahaan kuwa Gobolka gedo.
Wararkeena dambe kala socda video iyo warar dheeraad ah.

http://www.gedotimes.com/2018/08/24/bananbax-rabshado-wata-oo-wasiir-jubaland-ah-ku-dhaawacmay-ayaa-ka-dhacay-magalada-garbaharay-ee-gobolka-gedo/

Dabrow   

The people have spoken. Madoobe and JL has no credibility or legitimacy... even if he is removed structural and fundamental changes are needed in this state and its people wont be used against the federal gov in Xamar anymore.

• Like 1

Dabrow   
20 hours ago, Ducale said:

Maxay kala yihiin? Waa BNP oo ku mudaharaaday EDL.... big deal.

If its not a big deal to you then fadlan ignore this topic. 

Dalmar1   
2 hours ago, Dabrow said:

The people have spoken. Madoobe and JL has no credibility or legitimacy... even if he is removed structural and fundamental changes are needed in this state and its people wont be used against the federal gov in Xamar anymore.

Its clear that the sickness in Somalia (after Shabaab) is federalism and not the leaders behind the states, just by looking at the leaders today of each states in Somalia, there is not one regional state that is an ALLY that follows SFG protocol of Hierarchy, but rather all f them are adversary that stooges for foreign Powers (UAE, KENYA, and Ethiopia), replacing these current tuugo/leaders of the regional states wont amount to nothing as having the cursed federalism in place it will always produce leaders like them in adversary with central government. 

So best hope for the SFG is to empower, the Judicial and the Parliament powers while diminishing regional administration's stooging powers.

• Thanks 1

Dalmar1   
2 hours ago, maakhiri1 said:

why are they forcing pple who don't want each other?

You're right brother on forcing people that don't want each other, but the problem just does'nt end there, its everywhere from Sool iyo Sanaag against Somaliland, to Mudug Galmudug and Puntland conflict, to Galgaduud and Hiraan (Mataabaan conflict), to Shabelle conflicts and Gedo in Jubaland.

The problem is that this foreign imposed Federalism on us, instead of being built on practicality and realism, it was hastily build on tribalism, which is like builtinga house on glass, it will crumble at any time and strife/conflict will continue.

We should either eliminate this foreign imposed Federalism, or built it from ground up based on shared regional culture which is practical based on realism.

Here below is how the Former President Abdiqasam envisioned Federalism in Somalia based on regional shared culture when he advised the Former President Hassan Sheikh Mahmoud, but alas HSM refused and the strife continues!

SFG.png

• Thanks 1

Why doesn't    the gedo region just join baydhabo.  It's much better it's seems  the siyad barre loyalists can't share  a state with the long footed community 

Attempts are being made to involve Ethiopia not realizing that even with the changes in Ethiopia, it will never interfere with Kenya.

The Oromo authorities would love to dismantle Jubaland and reshape it to their whim, but Kenya is more important to them at this time.

Might have to wait for Eritrea which is even much worst in this case. Its UAE as well.

9 hours ago, Dalmar1 said:

Its clear that the sickness in Somalia (after Shabaab) is federalism and not the leaders behind the states, just by looking at the leaders today of each states in Somalia, there is not one regional state that is an ALLY that follows SFG protocol of Hierarchy, but rather all f them are adversary that stooges for foreign Powers (UAE, KENYA, and Ethiopia), replacing these current tuugo/leaders of the regional states wont amount to nothing as having the cursed federalism in place it will always produce leaders like them in adversary with central government. 

So best hope for the SFG is to empower, the Judicial and the Parliament powers while diminishing regional administration's stooging powers.

My friend.

Federalism works like that the best. States standing up against the federal government and fighting for every penny, every litre of water, every asprin, every center of the federal construction, every km of road from federal...

When states always complaining not getting enough..pushes the country forward.

Whether in Europe, Asia or the Americas Federal countries are all like that.

Its main reason to have Federal system.

Dabrow   
12 hours ago, maakhiri1 said:

why are they forcing pple who don't want each other?

Its a bit more complicated than that and it boils down to a bufferstate created and designed by foreigners and pushed on the local population. Its not necessary a clan issue as some are portraying here. Its just that Madoobe and his backers interests are very different from the interest of the locals. 

This thing is going to fail big time, Beerka jecle xaydha jecli will not work, either Somalis will have a single strong country,  or many mini states fighting for meagre resources and will at the end breakup.

No more federalism

2 hours ago, Old_Observer said:

My friend.

Federalism works like that the best. States standing up against the federal government and fighting for every penny, every litre of water, every asprin, every center of the federal construction, every km of road from federal...

When states always complaining not getting enough..pushes the country forward.

Whether in Europe, Asia or the Americas Federal countries are all like that.

Its main reason to have Federal system.

Give a good example in Africa,? or Asia? and don't say Ethiopia,wheels coming off, How in the world a country like Somalia, with Federal Gov income less $500m, manage half a dozen federal states, with each over own parliament, ministries? who is going to pay for this? the Mps alone is over 1000s, 100s of ministries,  

It is basic maths, all the resources should for building public infrestructure, security,funding education and healthcare? not paying salaries of extremely oversized gov.

6 hours ago, maakhiri1 said:

Give a good example in Africa,? or Asia? and don't say Ethiopia,wheels coming off, How in the world a country like Somalia, with Federal Gov income less $500m, manage half a dozen federal states, with each over own parliament, ministries? who is going to pay for this? the Mps alone is over 1000s, 100s of ministries,  

It is basic maths, all the resources should for building public infrestructure, security,funding education and healthcare? not paying salaries of extremely oversized gov.

Somalia needs Federalism  for the same reason India or Canada or Nigeria needed.

Its very weird to explain to an outsider since Somali is one Ethnic, One language, One Religion population. For you its easy.

Somalis have had different levels of governance/state before the Europeans arrived. From a sub-sub clan chief governing some areas to the most advanced kingdom/Boqor with standing army, tax collection, governmental services similar to what even Europeans had (except for the empires).

On top of that you have the British system and the Italian system.

The Sultanates were also fresh not forgotten experience.

You will never find a unitary government system that can govern and develop these disparate enclaves except a dictatorship so wealthy and so powerful that can move a whole tribe from place to place, destroy a city if needed for road or dam and nobody to stop it rightly or wrongly...etc.

To me its that simple. Example: sorrry...Ethiopia.

The Amhara have about same number of Ethnics in their kilil as the Somali have clans and even sub clans in Kililka. The Amhara kilil was never one unit governed before EPRDF just like kililka. The only difference is in Amhara kilil all the zones were either kingdoms themselves or semi kingdoms Sultan/Ras ruled/governed.

In kililka its all mixed. An attempt was made to keep the districts, zones close to sub-clans...but then a sub-clan splits politically and goes to different camps by sub-sub-sub clan since did not have governance experience as sub clan.

I hope my attempt was worth your read. And tell me if it contributed to your understanding of Somali people and Federalism.

Dabrow   
13 hours ago, Oodweyne said:

Dabrow,

I do understand that you are putting a brave face on things. But I am afraid you are wrong, in so comprehensive way. In fact, you couldn't be more wrong even if you had tried it in the hardest way as possible you could do it.

And by that I mean the issue is about Clan, was about Clan, and will continue to be about Clan. And nothing else.

Moreover, it's about the fact that the Gedo's community learning the hard way and fast that the Kenyan's government have quite consciously decided that they will "entrust" the "buffer zone" they have created inside Somalia, namely, the Jubbaland in-terms of its "political viability" for the foreseeable future onto the hands of the "Long-footed-folks" to exclusion of every one else.

Furthermore, they don't trust the Gedo's folks to be able to "weaned" themselves off quite easily away from their historical "affiliation" with the Al-Shabaab of this world, which in turn could be a "security detriment" to the Kenyan's state at the border area.

Similarly, it's about Kenyan's who quite openly come to the conclusion that the "long-footed-folks" are by nature, "contend", to be their nearest "political shoe-shiners" inside Somalia in general and these border regions in particular.

And as such, they have chosen them and openly chosen them over the Gedo's clan, who they suspect are more likely to be loyal to the Al-Shabaab of this world than they could ever be a "loyal-shoe-shiners" of the kind the "long-footed-folks" are happy to be so for Kenya. Given that they in turn also used to do a similar kind of a job for the then ruling Tigrean's folks of the TPLF. 

And these "long-footed-folks" are likely to do all over again (i.e., this same lowly profession) in Ethiopia for the newly now "empowered" Oromos's poltical cadres in Addis-Ababa through this new fellow by the name of Mustafe Omar (i.e., our very own Abtigiis of SOL).

I really wish that wasn't on the card in here. Or wasn't likely to be the case in here. But everything I know in-terms of the power-distribution-structure of the present-day Ethiopia actually "condemns" any Somali leader, despite his best effort, to be just another "political stooge" of the "powers-that-be" in Addis-Ababa, irrespective of who those passing "powers-that-be" may turn out to be.

I am afraid our very own Abtigiis of SOL, will not be any different than any of the Somali leader who preceded him in this "poison chalice of a position" and he will not be any different than all those who did indeed partake in that "ugly history".

For that "ugly history" isn't a mere passing software "bug" (that can be technically sort it out) in the Somali region.

But rather it's the most elemental "feature", which in turn is "programmatically embedded" within the Somali's State's existence under the political tutelage of Ethiopia, in as far as that region was under the Ethiopian's ruler-ship.

And you will see in this situation rearing its ugly heard within a year. Or whenever the next time around the Orromo decides they need more lands to take it from the forever divided Somalis in that cursed region.

Which means that history will start repeating itself, regardless of which ever came first, in the sense of either the Oromo's desiring for land first, and therefore he will not be able to stop it. Or secondly, we will see him being "ordered" to do something that is so inimically opposite of the Somali's State's interest by his leader in Addis-Ababa, and he will not be able to refuse it.   

In other words, the more things change in the Somali peninsula (especially in this Somali region of Ethiopia) the more they remain the same, I fear. And you will see this "prognosis" in action in due course. Mark my word in here, my friend. 

Oodweyne

Its not about brave face or anything such, its just simple my two cents and I dont doubt such clannish sentiments were present when Kenya& IGAD and their Somali lackeys were drafting Jubbaland but I dont think it was the driving force. Logic dictates that if Kenya were trusting all the political powers of Jubbaland to long footed folks in your words then they would engage in a self-defeating strategy of giving alshabab a platform to recruit. Either the Kenyans want to indirect help alshabab politically or not.  On this you have to pick a chair to sit on. You cant sit on two chairs at the same time. As for Abtigiis time will tell but I dont have a positive outlook either. 

And for Gedo I personally think its better suited to become a standalone state. It has long been neglected region and its time for its people regardless of clan to put the interest of Gedo first and its development. 

Old observe amhara ruled Ethiopia or Abyssinia  since the time of yekuno amlak after Judith and gudith was defeated qemebt and others are part of amhara feudal provinces  and ofcourse agews  .amhara absorb ethnic groups and just amharaize them same as gurage ..gurage always  leans towards amhara and shewa oromo. Amhara is not one ethnic group by several groups with in a ethnic group. Amhara has now almost 11 million Muslims.