Sign in to follow this  
Peacenow

Brunei v Somali women

ailamos   

No offence to the poster but I don't like how the following statement:

"How can we force them to change their dress and behaviour to reflect not shaming us further?"

is formulated.

Isn't it enough that men have forced Somali women to completely blanket-up, stopping "un-Islamic" wedding celebrations and even banning them to wear bras for God's sake!

Before this wave of fanatic Islamization of our country women wore traditional outfits that were simply beautiful. Just compare the following two photographs. See how we have stooped so low from this:

somali%20nomad%20girls.jpg

to this:

somali%20women24.jpg

"Forcing" our women to conform to any type of Islamofashion is not the way forward. I think a simple return to our secular Islamic traditions is in order. Time to throw away those blankets and start looking like Somalis... not Saudis.

Peacenow   

Originally posted by ailamos:

No offence to the poster but I don't like how the following statement:

"How can we force them to change their dress and behaviour to reflect not shaming us further?"

is formulated.

Isn't it enough that men have forced Somali women to completely blanket-up, stopping "un-Islamic" wedding celebrations and even banning them to wear bras for God's sake!

Before this wave of fanatic Islamization of our country women wore traditional outfits that were simply beautiful. Just compare the following two photographs. See how we have stooped so low from this:

somali%20nomad%20girls.jpg

to this:

somali%20women24.jpg

"Forcing" our women to conform to any type of Islamofashion is not the way forward. I think a simple return to our secular Islamic traditions is in order. Time to throw away those blankets and start looking like Somalis... not Saudis.

Thank you. Aliamos. My language was harsh. I apologise if I offended anyone. But we have thrown away our traditional way of life because of the work of Saudis in radicalising the country. This has deep and profound implications for the future of the country.

The arabs look toward toward the europeans to develop their economy and infrastructure and what do we do?

We look toward the arabs who can offer nothing.

Kamaavi   

Originally posted by Baluug:

LOL@Muriidi, he comes up with some gems, I tell ya
:D
Intellibeast, transform!!! LOL sounds like some cartoon action hero

Anyways, there's nothing wrong if Somali women or any Muslim woman for that matter wants to wear a so-called "tent", it's their choice and they're doing it(hopefully) for the sake of Allah SWT and to attain His pleasure. I must say though, those Malaysian women are cute

Spot on.

Cawaale   

PN, has improved a lot. i mean cmmon, he is apologizing now for god's sake. He surely have came along way from "They" to "We"..

One wonders what happen to the Somalis and benefits, the hairy Arabs? change of tactics eh?

ailamos   

"The arabs look toward toward the europeans to develop their economy and infrastructure and what do we do? We look toward the arabs who can offer nothing."

So true!

Additionally, they consider us inferior because of our skin color, preferring instead to listen to an uneducated white hillbilly than to a black PhD holder. It incenses me when they talk about "Muslim unity" and all that nonsense.

I've lived in the UAE, US and now in Europe and I would prefer the latter two to a life in an Arab country, although there is racism it's not cloaked in a false sense of belonging.

Peacenow wrote:

The arabs look toward toward the europeans to develop their economy and infrastructure and what do we do? We look toward the arabs who can offer nothing.

Quote of the Month

Peacenow, that hell hole they call London is nothing more than a Mumbai/Eastleigh in disguise.

Wait,,, who is forcing who here? no one!!!isqaawi Peacenow hadad rabtid waa xadaarad iyo hurumar!!!laakin aflagaadada u ma qalmaan hablaha somaliyeed,,

Cicero   

Mustafa Kamal Ataturk, the father of the modern republic of Turkey, banned the veil - his country is better off for it today. Peter the Great of Russia, in his various attempts at modernizing and westernizing Russia, introduced a beard tax.

Maybe there should be a Burka tax of some sort in Somalia.

So,Banning the Veil solves all of our problems and modernizes our Economy? The shollowness of this argument is startling.I see nothing wrong if a women wears burka as long as they happy with it.