Sign in to follow this  
Geel_jire

Somali Pirate Map

A U.N agency UNOSAT plots on a satellite based image all the locations of the pirate attacks in 2007.

Pirates have been attacking ships off the coast of Somalia for years. This map, from the United Nations satellite imagery team, plots all the strikes in 2007. There are no big red Xs to mark the treasure spots, I'm afraid. But it does note the last known whereabouts of the pirate "mother ship." Which is still pretty cool.

The details are pretty thin. but is this for Hunting pirates by the U.S navy stationed close by . or to warn commercial ships on what routes to avoid

soruce

^Jst to wad off a rag tag group of Pirates eh? ,Those damn pirates ! smile.gif

I am just curious(Thanks to watching myth busters),do Somali Pirates adhere by "the International pirates" dress code? You know,the eye patch,the parrot & the arrrrrrr voice? icon_razz.gif :confused:

Oh well...

I saw a group of 'somali pirates' holding a isbaaro in the high seas (actually right of the coast of xmar Liido ) but they were robbing other poor Somali fishermen.

Originally posted by sheherazade:

^ u sooo want that to be so, huh? I can sense your little boy enthusiasm.
smile.gif

I think they wear a macawiis and nada else.

You know,i used to be enthusiastic about pirates & ships. Tin Tin anyone? Did anyone read Tin Tin as a kid btw? Wait...You qaxotis back in Somalia never read any English smile.gif

"Ninka illo biyaleh soo arkoo ooman baan ahaye.

Ninka ooridiisii nin kale loo igdhaan ahaye.

Nin abkii O*gaadeen yahoo aarsan baan ahaye.

Afdhabaandhow aayar ninkaa aamusaan ahaye"

I used like the Gabay, Raage Ugaas.

Malika   

Faraax,was there a pirate series of tin tin? I too was a fun,those twin detectives were just so cute..Oh and his cute little dog. smile.gif

North,when is the movie coming out?I shall drag my daughter to watch it,although kids now days havent got a clue of the pleasures of comic books and their characters.