Sign in to follow this  
Amna

Is her nikah invalid?

Amna   

A friend told me she had gotten married in secret after her mother said she was not to marry again. Even though an imaam read her nikah is she stil unmarried because her family were unware of the marriage?.

I,m really confused whether this is valid marriage because the imaam was there to give her away or invalid because it was a secret marriage.

Blessed   

First of all, she doen't need her moms permission and the mother has no right to forbid her from getting married even she was virgin. There options for sisters to marry without their parents permission, the imam can act as her wali.

The main conditions of a marriage contract under the sharia, apart from acceptance and dowry is that the marriage should be publicised, hence the need for the walima and there should be witnesses to the actual contract. The imam is not regarded a witness.

If these two conditions were met, it's valid. If not, she needs to consult with a scholar for a specific ruling. I'A.

Tell her to inform her mother and family ASAP. Her mum will get over it and forgive her, mothers always do.

p.s A secret marriage is never a good idea, a Muslimah should never put herself in this position. The rules are there to protect us from abuse and maintain our rights.

Ibtisam   

^^I agree. But waa her third marriage though she can throw caution to the wind.

I always think women who marry more than once are gangsters with strong will and determination. I have a cousin whose been married 7times!!! If it was not xaram waan uu suujudi laaha, she is no nonesense at all. :D

^ Instead of Sujuudis why don't u follow her foot steps and out do her.

I think the above said advice is correct since she woman is a divorcee. But in saying that as children we are meant to heed our parents advice, afterall Jannah is at the feet of our mothers. Maybe there was a perfectly valid reason why the Mother did not want her duaghter to get hitched to particalar or that at time.

Ibtisam   

^^^ :D You are worried about many more threads like this eh!! LOL

Resistance, I think going through the process once is traumatic enough for most including me. As I said only certainty type of women can keep trying.

No women should ever pick a MAN over her mother or family.

Blessed   

LOL. Ibts. She's so Araweelo, it takes self assurance for sure. smile.gif

I was talking about secret contracts, he has ammo to deny the marriage if he so wishes and with no family on her side, sister is toast...

Ibtisam   

^^^For sure:

Blessed:

Maybe she took everything upfront, :D but yeah he could deny everything!!

She is, I remember when she tide up her third husband while he was sleeping, when he woke up he was in chains. She made him divorce her, sign the papers and then took the kids, left the country, same day! :eek: LOL

Blessed   

LOOOL. Naag, naag dhashay iga dheh. She needs to start a school of tooba bar. I can't stand the begging for warqad ritual that goes on in our community.

LOL@Faheema.

Kool_Kat   

Originally posted by *Ibtisam*:

^^I agree. But waa her third marriage though she can throw caution to the wind.

I always think women who marry more than once are gangsters with strong will and determination. I have a cousin whose been married 7times!!! If it was not xaram waan uu suujudi laaha, she is no nonesense at all.
:D

Soomaali baa horey ugu maahmaahday 'Silac kunool, sodon guursataa dhaanta'!!!

While I don't see being divorced as a huge issue, the thought of getting married time and again is just a little odd! 7 times, in one life time is just a tad bit too extreme...

Originally posted by NGONGE:

I am sorry for all I said, KK.
:D

Ciridkaas ( :D ) might've worked in the past, I need xaal!!! Monetary one at that, I'll pm you the details, just hit me up when you are ready with the dough...

No women should ever pick a MAN over her mother or family.

Easier said than done...I say no loving, caring mother or family should make her daughter to choose! They may voice their opinions, but they shouldn't put their daughter in position where she will have to pick one over the other...

nuune   

Qudbo siradu uma baahna fasax!

hada ka hor baa laba is qudba sireestay, wadaad dhaarsan buu ahaa oo rageedi ah, mar kastana oran jirey laguna yaqaaney singleka aduunka inuu yahay, habeen habeenada ka mida ah ayaa asoo la joogo gabadhey is qoorosagaareesteen baa subaxii buu is yiri asxaabtaada iyo magaalada ku kallah si aan cidna kuu garanin meeshaad xalay ku jimicsaneysay, xariifkaan gabadhii garbasaarteedi ayuu cimaamad moodey madaxuu ku soo duubtey :D , ismana oga ilee waa nin xalay oo dhan shabis ku jirey, dadkii baa la yaabey, magaaladii dhaneed ayaa wada fiirisey sida quruxda badan uu garbasaarta madaxa ugu duubtey asoo cumaamad moodaya, sheekadii waa qaraxdey, marka la weydiiyeyna wuxuu yiri cumaamadeyda ayaan moodayey ee garan maayo qof ii badaley, wali waa inkirsanyahay, rageedi wallaahi :D

qufac iyo hee, jaceel midkoodna ma qarsooma

MZanzi   

lol@nuune

Qudba sirada wax ka macaan maleh ...ceelka marka rabtaad ka cabeesa..waa leen qabow...

PS. Dumarka hada jiro qudba sirada ayagaaba ku shaqeestaaan