Sign in to follow this  
qoslaaye

IS NAA YAA A GOOD CALL

qoslaaye   

SO MANY SOMALI WOMEN OR GIRLS HATE TO BE CALLED "NAAYAA" BUT I DONT UNDERSTAND WHAT IS SO BAD ABOUT SOMEONE CALLING YOU, YOUR GENDER. I DO UNDERSTAND SOME MEN MISUSE IT BUT THE WORD ITSELF HAS NO BAD IMAGE WITH.

SOME OF THE ANSWERS YOU WILL GET IF YOU CALL A SOMALI WOMEN OR GIRL NAAYAA ARE

1) MA ADAA NA NAAGEYSTAY

2) NAAYAA HA NA DHIHIN NAARTII KA NAA NAA LEE EE

3) NAAYAA XAAD II DHA HAYDAA NUURI WAA EE

4) WAAR DEE GOORMUU NA NAAGEYSTAY

5) BAA HEE DHE NAAYAA MAXAY TAHAY

AND MORE THAT I COULDNT LIST THEM.

SO THE QUESTION IS IS NAAYAA A BAD ENOUGH TO BE BANNED? OR SHOULD WE HAVE RULES TO FOR IT, WHO WE CAN CALL NAAYAA AND WHEN TO USE IT?

I THINK IF IT BOTHERS OUR SISTERS WE SHOULD BAN IT AND NEVER USE IT AGAIN

FAIR ENOUGH :D

is WARYAA a good call?

it is all about respecting other ppl bro.

if i am not mistaken there is hadith saying..

"Nabiyullah Muhammad s.c.w said the best name to call some one is his original name that his parents gave him"

does it sound appropriate to you to call the girl that you love(if there is any) NAYAA?

my point is it is RUDE to call women NAYAA and them to call us WARAA.

Originally posted by Kool_Kat:

Just call me Naayaa to my face, and you'll understand why it's wrong to call a woman naayaa...

easy now sister, he didn't say he will call you NAYAA but a Kool-Kat by the way your name and personality don't match.

you sound too angry for your name.lol

Abdinuur   

NAYAA: WHAT A POWERFUL WORD!!!

It's soo powerful...that it can knock a jigga out!!!

Guys...let's think & use our heads before we use that word...cuzz Kool_Kat aint playin!!

If you are from a certain parts of Somalia, calling women nayaa is like calling them on their name. After living with many southerners (Somalis from the south) i came to respect their feelings and stopped calling them naayaada. I occationaly call women Naayaada though, just to get their attention.

Blessed   

lol. Some Southerners call women waryaa instead. First time a brother called me Waryaa, i got so offended ... i was like 'DO I LOOK LIKE A F###ING MAN TO YOU'

I call my girls nayaa and i don't mind them calling me that .. but guys and ppl i don't kinda offend me. .. i guess its all 2 do with context ;)

Aminah, i also call women WARYAA. Nayaa is now old-fashioned. Calling women NAAYAADA is sexually arousing, walahi. I always found it to be sexually arousing.

Raxmah   

Why call someone nayaa when you could call them by their name, and their is price to pay when you call me nayaa.

nin yaaban --you are definitely a weirdo.

Raxmo, i call women Naayaa. But not as often as i use to. May i add, its also sexually arousing.

Raxmo, not every single guy knows your name, so its really very natural to call them nayaa.

I understand, people in Kismaayo are offended when someone calls them nayaa but in Burco, its really ok to call women nayaada.

Nayaa Heblaayooy, naa kaalay qado ii keen. Thats my favorite line.

Senora   

Calling women NAAYAADA is sexually arousing, walahi. I always found it to be sexually arousing.

:confused: :confused:

Most of my crazy cousins call me nayaa, but im use to it....but as far as others calling me that, i just dont like it very much....I have a name, lets put some use to it...

Xafsa   

Natural or not....call me naayaa...kabteyda lee ku taqaan.

Nin yaaban---sexually arousing?....walaahi magacada waa u qalantaa.

nuune   

naayaa=waryaa=naayaa=waryaa.

i don't really use naayaa for women,instead i use waraa to call ladies,i don't even use their names though i know their names,i just say waraada,waraa,yareey