Dalmar1

Combating ONLF with an new opposition groups (Composed by all Somali Clans) in the upcoming Ethiopia-Somali state election, SFG & Djibouti involved.

Dalmar1   

There has been report circulating about the Dire Dhaba conference where a new group and a leader will be chosen that will combat the clannist ONLF, the main focus of this opposition group is to fight for the inclusivity of all Somali Clans and not just the clan of ONLF. 

Xog xasaasiya oo aan xaqiijiyay: Madaxweynaha Jibouti iyo Ra'isulwasaaraha Somalia ayaa lacagtii ugu badneed ku bixiyay shir dad Somalia uga furmay Diridhabe ?
Ujeedka laga leeyahay maxaad u fahamtay ?

1-Ma waxeey doonayaan ineysan ONLF qabsan SomaliGalbeed oo koox maqaarsaara sameeystaan si dhul boobka Oromadda u hirgalo?
2- Mise waxeey la dagaalsan yihiin Cabdi iley oo waxeey doonayaan iney awoodiisa wiiqaan ?

ANNIGU WAXEEY ILA TAHAY INEY IS LEEYIHIIN ONLF ka hoos sameeya koox cusub.

Dalmar1   

After the circulation of this report, the ONLF released an Video where they stated with Clarity, that all Clans can participate the upcoming election for the Somali state in Ethiopia, saying that no clan owns that region with monopoly.

Daawo ONLF oo shaacisay in qofkasta oo Somalia isu sharaxi karo Madaxtinimada Somali Galbeed.

I sympathize with the ONLF struggle they have been battling orthodox Christians over 3 decades how ever they are clanish  organization I remember in the 90s and early 2000 they used to burn our cargo vehicles in Ethiopia but they never touched  the pirates their cars and business. They burned  4 cars between aware and  dhagaxbuur so many times. I think it's time to have a clear kilil5  conference cadaaaad iyo sinaan  iyo walaaltinimo waarta

Dalmar1   
3 minutes ago, Xaaji Xunjuf said:

I sympathize with the ONLF struggle they have been battling orthodox Christians over 3 decades how ever they are clanish  organization I remember in the 90s and early 2000 they used to burn our cargo vehicles in Ethiopia but they never touched  the pirates their cars and business. They burned  4 cars between aware and  dhagaxbuur so many times. I think it's time to have a clear kilil5  conference cadaaaad iyo sinaan  iyo walaaltinimo waarta

The ONLF struggle indeed deserves our sympathies, but that said no Somali clan at their right mind will ever allow another clan (that claims the whole region as his own) to rule them with impunity, Abdi Iley indeed has destroyed the reputation and trust ONLF have built for their clan.

ONLF is between a rock and a hard place, they have the 2 choices of allowing another clan to rule the Somali state and overtime built their destroyed reputation of their clan that Abdi iley has destroyed, or just outright participate the election and win while then gradually lose in time the support and sympathy they had from the other Somali clans, thus giving the Xabahsi Ethiopia more leverage in time over ONLF as they (the ONLF) have by then lost the support they had amongst their fellow Somali clans......We Somali tend to romanticize any opposition group only to hate them once they are in power because of their clannist nepotism and corruption.

Fair points Dalmar ONLF is a tribal organization  one clan only the kilil 5 has so.many clans the shinile diredawa clans the hawd harargge clans  than we have garre degodia sheikhaasb clans the  gaadsan clans so no tribe can claim the kilil. That has to be said admiral osman had talks with  the cheeseman and the masiixi dictator of xamasien afewerqi. It's time kheyre ina cumar geele and  muj muse biixi half talks about the situation in the horn of Africa and kilil 

Somalis can find always blame, Xaaji why don't you talk about 100s Ogadens SL handed over to Ethiopia, which angered ONLF when they burned those trucks? Selective reporting is no good!

Like or not, as many names,this one  is historic, and is this region name,and at the sametime, if some pple are sensitive to this name can be changed, But I gurrantee you one thing, Hal diidan geed ku xoqoto ma waydo, Somalis  being tribal will always undermine each other, and for this region to be successful, freedom fighters must rule, and lackeys must not be rewarded.

Tallaabo   

I hope the ONLF reforms their organisation and starts acting like a proper political party which can gain support from every clan. Somalis in Ethiopia urgently need unity and discipline. 

• Like 1

Tallaabo   
3 minutes ago, maakhiri1 said:

Like or not, as many names,this one  is historic, and is this region name,and at the sametime, if some pple are sensitive to this name can be changed

I agree. There is no point of changing a recognised brand name for the region and its fighters. Everyone knows Somalis of all clans live in the region but the name Ogadenia was used by the colonial powers. 

The term ogaden was coined by King haile selassie for one reason only  to create a distinction between Somalis in the somali republic and  the Somali kilil. The  mad mullah his son was the interior minister for haile selassie in the 1950s

Good points they play a double game with us ileey  the abdulla clan the largest in qabridhahare are playing clan politics ileey gets money from the x abashis to kill his own people than ONLF defects to abdi ileey he conscript them trains them make them thawaaf under the mad mullah statue in jigjiga combine with tribal poetry from  raage ugaas and dhaanto reerku reerkina maha way xabashiyoobeen

15 minutes ago, Ducale said:

Fight them on the political stage and to make sure soomaali galbeed inaaney hostage unoqon onlf iyo intii la fikir ah.

That's reasonable. Inclusivity natters.