Sign in to follow this  
Laba-X

Nomads, What were you deprived of?

Nephissa   

^ You missed out alot! The best part was, when two kids get into a fight, and the whole class screams: " Johnny, Johnny, Johnny " till this day I don't know what that meant! It cracks me up everytime I remember.

Castro   

^ You ain't got to tell me what I missed. I'd imagined it so much I thought it was real in my head. What an experience it must have been? But being a kid is a trip anywhere. I had a good time growing up. The locale really matters little. As long as you're in a loving home and good food to eat, a kid is happy being a kid.

Jacpher   

You've missed more than you can imagine. I can picture Bishaaro laying on the ground oo ciid afka loogu guraayo and all the kids screaming coward. Those were the days.

Haneefah   

When a mother shouts to her,
naa heblaayo
, if what follows is not a weak and codyaroo nuxuus ah that goes like,
haa hooyo
(ood moodid in naftu kasii bixi rabto
:D
), then the bachelor would know that he should expect mid abraar ah oo beerku weynaaday

Classic! :D Show Dhuuboyin badan baad goob-joog u ahayd baaritaankooda :D

Maf Kees   

^Lol Caano Geel.

Curling Waterfall. What kind of life did you enjoy in Somalia and what would have become of you if Somalia was just business as usual? Please answer, I'm intrigued.

Originally posted by Caano Geel:

^^ yes i know, its funny how scum naturally floats to the top
redface.gif

It takes some ingenuity to get there dear. You wouldn't know, its not in your genes. smile.gif

Daanyeer, my parents both held government jobs (not political but health) and were well paid. I think waa la i 'meeleyn' lahaa somehow, somewhere. Its not difficult when ur rich and well connected.

I've seen the heydays of my youthful past. the playful period of the joyous era, the peak of a child's happiness. But I wonder what it will look like when I leap into my sixties, and reflections of my wasteful past in America told me that I was deprived of the best experiance to gain from homeland events. Assorted experiences, the ones ingrained with the wise elders I used to see in Somalia. At one sitting, he can lecture about the essence of life, the meaning of life lived in its fullest. Well, at sixty they speak in poem, they pause with proverbs, and present themselves with all kinds of examples. Its the unique intellectual embodiments that shaped and differed a Somali elder from the rest of humanity. That is, indeed, the inclination I seek to exist in, but its going to be an inevitable reality that Alle-ubaahne will be deprived off as he lives in the confining world of the west. He can only be silent while other elders are narrating about their epoch. He could wish that he was a bystander of the events and history that disqualified him true elder.

Woe to him, for he was the wrong spectator in the wrong arena, for the wrong events!

Laba-X   

the ones ingrained with the wise elders I used to see in Somalia. At one sitting, he can lecture about the essence of life, the meaning of life lived in its fullest. Well, at sixty they speak in poem, they pause with proverbs, and present themselves with all kinds of examples. Its the unique intellectual embodiments that shaped and differed a Somali elder from the rest of humanity

...Allaylehe run baad sheegtay!

Danyeer, Fanax/Faantax is considered a beauty aspect in many parts of Somalia, thats why if a girldoesn possess one, she tries to space apart Dhoolayaasha..

The reasons, i heard tea makes the girl soft, don't ask me how! and maraq is meant to make the girls belly bigger, again don't ask me how and why!