Sign in to follow this  
Khayr

Whats the Worst job you ever had?

Originally posted by MC Xamar:

My worst job involved 4000 dead cows every day, and blood. Lots and lotsa blood.

Well, that tops them all. :eek: :eek:

I tried my hand at Face-to-Face Fundraising for a charity once. I know there's nothing more difficult than trying to get money out of people, but I plain sucked at it. I just was not persuasive or aggressive enough to sign ppl up, so I quit at the end of my first week. Felt like a failure for ages afterwards.

-Lily-   

Bank Teller

I worked as a Cashier for a few months in a bank and I remember overpaying a lady by £900 and the bank had to investigate as was policy. Thankfully the Arab lady came back a week later saying I overpaid her by £900 and she couldn't come in any earlier. Phew.

It's not fun with all those long cues and angry customers, but the day flies by, like 5 mins and you are done.

N.O.R.F   

Once had to climb a 6 storey scaffolding in wind and rain to measure stucco render on a victorian building in west london. It was nearly gale force wind :(

ScarFace   

^^^SO your skinny *** didnt get blown off :D

worst job telemarketing walked out of the place on the same day.....done 2 hours of work and had enough of the bullshit....

Originally posted by WaTerLily:

quote: Bank Teller

I worked as a Cashier for a few months in a bank and I remember overpaying a lady by £900 and the bank had to investigate as was policy. Thankfully the Arab lady came back a week later saying I overpaid her by £900 and she couldn't come in any earlier. Phew.

It's not fun with all those long cues and angry customers, but the day flies by, like 5 mins and you are done.
LoooL..hated at end of the shift when you are roaring to go home and your cash is out of balance by 10 cents... :mad:

Shaize

N.O.R.F   

If you worked at HSBC i would say typical :rolleyes:

Maf Kees   

B2B telemarketing. My job was to convince companies to let us review their insurance plan or some shidh like that. I didn't even understand it myself and I was expected to explain companies something I don't understand myself. I told them to kiss my azz the first week. This much stress was just unacceptable for me.

You are lucky! Had that been me, I swear that you would have never ever seen that money again.

-Lily-   

Lol North, how did you know? Well it's not my fault, if they hired more cahsiers there would be less mistakes & pressure. even when they were reporting massive profits, they lost more customers that way.

Yep Legend, the worst part was balancing the till at the end of the day.

Farah Blue, tuug waxid. I give back even 5 pence.

Stress is checking your e mail 20 mins late and the bank loosing £80 thousand pounds. I no longer work in that sector.

-Lily-   

They are insured, it's usually in relation with Acount Take Overs, (someone pretending to be you & stealing your money). The worst I have seen was 210k. I'm sure there was some serious sacking behind that one.

If you mean in relation of overpaying customers, tough luck, there is nothing to do but for the bank to cover the missing amount. They have allocated money for such hic-ups. But knowing someone overpaid you, would you keep the money?

Ok sorry for the hijack, back to the worst job.

ScarFace   

^^^Lilly did have access to private info like mothers maiden name or was you just a cashier....

210k must have had all the details correct...I'ave seen people take out 10k-15k but 210k must have been nigerians @ work :D

-Lily-   

Scar, cashiers aren't priveledged to see that kind of info, only parts of it. But when I worked in another department,I had access to all that info. It's quiet obvious when staff try to steal from customers, lenghty jail sentences too.

Huge amounts of money is stolen in the case of identity theft, that should teach people to shred their letters. Sometimes niave call centre staff add to the problem as well. Also, Nigerians, even when they are British citizens have to get special clearnce, as does anyone who has ever had any links with the place, eg. born there. Apparently there are schools there that teach you how to rip ppl off.

Maf Kees   

Farah Blue, tuug waxid. I give back even 5 pence.

Futadaa uu sheeg. They made a mistake and they better deal with the consequences.

worst job, FONES 4 U ... lovely two day training in one of those plush hotels ... but they expect u to be sales freak, the same tacky lines and script. worked one day in branch and never returned ... and they never paid me for tat day's work.

Street fundraising comes a close second, but i did enjoy the little games we played throughout the day to keep focus, but one weekend was enuff.

wost full-time job was at a bank: Imagine the excitment of first job after Uni. but retail banking sucks, sales and more sales, tats all it is and it seriously clashed with my basic moral values ( but it made Mummy proud , Somalis thinking working in a bank tops everything else)

well i quit after 6 months to the uproar of my family and freinds.