Suldaanka

Puntland State TV due to lack of funding turns to private businesses...

10 minutes ago, Tillamook said:

Lol😀😀😀

Hey Suldaanka, it’s called a free market. You should read up on it sometime!

No. In my neck of the woods, it is called Commercial TV not State TV. :D

4 hours ago, Suldaanka said:

No. In my neck of the woods, it is called Commercial TV not State TV. :D

It may have been started by the State, but the objective is to wean it off state subsidies. If it can’t stand on its own feet, then it has no business being on air and wasting taxpayers’ money.

5 hours ago, Tillamook said:

It may have been started by the State, but the objective is to wean it off state subsidies. If it can’t stand on its own feet, then it has no business being on air and wasting taxpayers’ money.

Listen to Gaas' speech in Belgium, he is decrying that the diaspora can't even support the operations of the TV station. 

Going into the commercial business puts the privately owned TV stations from that region in a bit of a disadvantage. They are competing with a gov't half funded station for the same market. 

galbeedi   

Suldaanka,

of course in your neck of the wood, but here in North America our public Television uses private commercial advertising to get some of its funding. 

The Canadian Broadcasting corporations, the CBC TV Aires adds in every program. It seems Puntland is ahead of the curve

:D 

I am not saying it is a bad thing at all. All I am saying here is that Garowe is strugling financially that it can't guarantee funding to its mouth piece TV station.

18 minutes ago, galbeedi said:

Suldaanka,

of course in your neck of the wood, but here in North America our public Television uses private commercial advertising to get some of its funding. 

The Canadian Broadcasting corporations, the CBC TV Aires adds in every program. It seems Puntland is ahead of the curve

Here in Oz, we are actually having this debate right now. The gov't has proposed to spinoff ABC (Australian Broadcasting Corporation) as a private business. Currently it is owned and funded by the gov't but in all honesty it is fiercely independent in its editorial and political positions. 

There are pros and cons in both options. Currently the station which also operates a number of other subsidery stations for different segments of society i.e. kids, youth and news stations, focuses more on quality programs. Doubters are saying that if it is privatised, it will impact that quality since it will chase after money making productions rather than community focused programs like it is now. 

Holac   

Suldaanka, it is time for Mr. Bihi to implement the same revenue generating scheme. It works.

17 hours ago, Suldaanka said:

:D 

I am not saying it is a bad thing at all. All I am saying here is that Garowe is strugling financially that it can't guarantee funding to its mouth piece TV station.

Here in Oz, we are actually having this debate right now. The gov't has proposed to spinoff ABC (Australian Broadcasting Corporation) as a private business. Currently it is owned and funded by the gov't but in all honesty it is fiercely independent in its editorial and political positions. 

There are pros and cons in both options. Currently the station which also operates a number of other subsidery stations for different segments of society i.e. kids, youth and news stations, focuses more on quality programs. Doubters are saying that if it is privatised, it will impact that quality since it will chase after money making productions rather than community focused programs like it is now. 

Lol@ Suldaanka

Saaxiib, you admit that you’ve  posted a non-issue worthy of ridicule and contempt...😃😃😃

And oh my...how far we’ve come with our Jeegaan minions on Sol.

To: Puntland is broke. 

Wow...😝

Suldaanka, if Puntland is financially crippled— as you pray and hope—then that should be a godsend to your desperate Jeegaan leaders, right?

Why not make quick work of the poor pirates and take over Garowe whilst Gaas&Co go around Diaspora communities in Europe with their begging bowls in hand?.😂

Mise, naxariis bay idinka tahay? Ha ha ha😁

5 hours ago, Tillamook said:

Lol@ Suldaanka

Saaxiib, you admit that you’ve  posted a non-issue worthy of ridicule and contempt...😃😃😃

And oh my...how far we’ve come with our Jeegaan minions on Sol.

To: Puntland is broke. 

Wow...😝

Suldaanka, if Puntland is financially crippled— as you pray and hope—then that should be a godsend to your desperate Jeegaan leaders, right?

Why not make quick work of the poor pirates and take over Garowe whilst Gaas&Co go around Diaspora communities in Europe with their begging bowls in hand?.😂

Mise, naxariis bay idinka tahay? Ha ha ha😁

No need for that Nin aad fadhiga kaga adagtay looma sara joogsado. :D

With so little effort and no lost of life, Somaliland was able to gain so much land including Tukaraq. We are not in a hurry but rest assured there is only one direction that we are going. :D

In any case. I just found it odd that a State TV that supposedly gets its funds from Gov't will stoope to the level of airing advertisement. 

Coupled with Gaas and Camay crying for "waar hal dollar kolay ku tahay wax noo taraysa.." to the diaspora. There is no doubt money is in short supply. 

1 hour ago, Suldaanka said:

No need for that Nin aad fadhiga kaga adagtay looma sara joogsado. :D

With so little effort and no lost of life, Somaliland was able to gain so much land including Tukaraq. We are not in a hurry but rest assured there is only one direction that we are going. :D

In any case. I just found it odd that a State TV that supposedly gets its funds from Gov't will stoope to the level of airing advertisement. 

Coupled with Gaas and Camay crying for "waar hal dollar kolay ku tahay wax noo taraysa.." to the diaspora. There is no doubt money is in short supply. 

Nearly 30 years of xuduuda baan soo xiraynaa iyo wey dushay, and Citiraaf is around the corner... but all of sudden you now have the temerity to tell us yawn-inducing hokum such as “We are not in a hurry”.... my foot!🤣🤣

You, sir, are truly an experienced and relentless peddler of bullshit, if there ever was one. But, I’m afraid— we ain’t buying.😆(besides, we don’t have the money to do so even if we were to oblige you, right!)lol😆