Sign in to follow this  
Shirwac

Money advices...help yourself

Shirwac   

Lets shae ways we make our account bigger...

1)I pay myself 35% of my monthly income and never use it.

2) I don't eat out at all. (I cook for my dates how romantic)

....let's hear yours

Faheema.   

There is a difference between Lexejeclo and being darn right stingy. :D

So I say give a small % of your monthly income to charity (you’ll get more Ajar if it’s close relative). That way Lacagtaadu way kuu barakoobi ;)

shyhem   

Funny how this ladies are guning for the brothers money,they talk about charities,what they really wanted to say is "be a nice guy and buy the ladies in u'r life some gucci eyewear with expensive trendy jean brands such as Seven for all Mankind, True Religion, Rock 'N Republic, Blue Cult and Citizens of Humanity costing in the $200 range".

If u want to save money, just run whenever u see a pretty women coz pretty much soon she will cost a date here and a date there and u could easily spend $100 in one weekend, surely not the way u'r mum expected u to save u'r pennies otherwise forget about saving, just hustle and flow with the ladies and let the overdraft protection take care of business.

Miriam1   

I have two beliefs when it comes to money

ONE!

--Be smart, when it comes to work, always be ready to leave and run , when a better position comes up with more money....(never understood people who work in Zellers for years!? omg!)

^ that is more appropraite for univ students..if u have career..stick to it...unless you have some damn great invention in mind!

TWO!

---Its advisable to have a savings account(kinda looks good, makes you sound responsible)

BUT always remember that money is meant to be spent!

If you have $200 extra to spend...go ahead and buy that pair of shoes you have been eyeing...LIFE IS SHORT!..

Money...comes and goes...

unless you win the lottery..

Haddad   

Originally posted by Shirwac:

1)I pay myself 35% of my monthly income and never use it.

2) I don't eat out at all. (I cook for my dates how romantic)

....let's hear yours

1) I pay myself enough of my monthly income and I use some of it.

2) I eat out sometimes, mostly at Middle Eastern restaurants. (Dating doesn't exist in my dictionary).

When it comes to money ,,, i'm DAMN SH*T ,,, i can't keep it at all ,, i must spend it whatever it is ,,,, i must buy things ,, go for dinners with a friends ,,,, or attend new evening classes ,,,,,, just to pay this FU*KING MONEY ,,,, i've no savings nor bank Accounts at all ,,,, if there is nothing to buy ,,, i must give what i have to MY SWEEET MOM ,,,

:D:D

money yall! i do believe it hates me with passion!

why, i make it and its gone before i can spent it! however, i still have check books to write...so i aint broke! no way jose!!

my baabaco itches telling me that i am gonna get a load of cash! till then...i am be writing them checks!! holla if u need a hot check... i gots alot of them.. :confused: :confused:

haddad u dating Rosa!! :D

Rudy..Your money goes before you spend?... Isn't that the definition of Marraige??? :D

LoL Shirwac..I dont eat out at all?..sxb..cookin for a xaliimo once or twice is hard enuf ...

BTW How u gonna mesmerise a hot xaliimo with that attitude?

Sxb..it is ok...do some saving..just put it into good use!! :D:D

Cheers

Nazra   

Recently i started to avoid:

*going to the mall

*looking at the window of a shop

*and reading the latest magazines

Bess.   

LOL...strongly believe in budgeting...balancing check book...make a list of what I need...like food and shoes...and save the rest...I think the best way to deal with money is to prioritize...and know what ur limits are...don't go to the mall for any reason if u know u can't afford it...instead of eating out ...have a potluck dinner with friends and be creative with a few bucks...that way when u want to get that special shoe ...u can afford to get it...ohhh what a feeling :D:D:D ...and when u want to treat someone to a special ...u can make it extra special cause u can afford it....PRIORITIZing between the needs and wants...and u can be happy with ur money....it works for me... ;)

Shirwac   

I was never called stingy...this is the first.

I do give to charities - Zakat, qaaraan and qaraabo, the 65% I spend covers all of that.

Saving 35% of your income is being modest.

I work very hard for, and I hate when I spend my hard earned on BS. Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy life, I shop, I hang out, go on vacation...but always on a budget. I never spend more than I plan. I shop for cloth twice a year, I buy the summer cloth in the winter, and the winter cloth in the summer and they are always on sell. Maybe after I graduate I'll buy cloth like the normal people do.

As far as the dates. Most of the people I date are the intellectual type, so I cook for them, take them to the zoo and the museam. I know some Faarx's at the movies so getting in is always free, and most entertainments we get there before 10PM no cover.

Let's say I'm very careful with my money, that is better than stingy :D